Pop to Caribbean Beach upgrade?????

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by plove53, Jul 5, 2013.

1. plove53

plove53 Mouseketeer

I updated my Pop Century trip to Caribbean Beach for almost $400... Nine day trip… You think that was good?

Thanks,

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

Any time you can upgrade to a moderate for that kind of price, it is worth it.

4. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

For us, when we "upgraded" from POP to CBR because of a discount, we found ourselves wishing we had stuck with POP. CBR was not to our liking at all, but there are plenty of people who like it. ::yes::

5. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Good choice. CBR is our favorite moderate. Make sure you take some time to enjoy the resort.:beach:

6. plove53

plove53 Mouseketeer

Thanks...

Would "just" adults like it? No kids would be with us?????

7. Julie711

Julie711 DIS Veteran

CBR would be perfect for just adults! We have been 2x just DH & myself & 2x with our DD. Its such a relaxing resort!

8. jperrot1

jperrot1 Fantasmic

You only paid $50 more per night. I'd say that was worth it:) Nice deal. What time of year are you going to WDW?

9. plove53

plove53 Mouseketeer

I'm going next month 8/19-8/27. Now I can't wait!!!!

10. luvpalmtrees

luvpalmtrees Mouseketeer

Yes I think it's worth it!!:thumbsup2 We will be there in 9 days and can't wait!! This will be our 5th stay at CBR!!

11. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

I think you made a good choice. We've never stayed at any of the values, but we loved CBR :goodvibes.

I agree with the pp. I also think CBR is great for 2 adults :thumbsup2.

12. maryj11

maryj11 DIS Veteran

I have stayed at POP but not CBR, but I would for sure stay at CBR instead of POP. I would choose a moderate resort over a value resort. The values just seem more crowded and noisy to me.We have stayed at POP,ASM, CSR, POR, WL,and POLY. The moderates in my opinion have been just as nice as the deluxes. The only difference are some deluxes have better transportation and better restaurants. Moderates have a more peaceful and relaxing atmosphere than the values resorts. You made a good decision :thumbsup2

13. goteamSy

goteamSy Mouseketeer

Wow, that's an amazing price! You should be thrilled! We've never stayed at the values, but in all honestly don't notice too much of a difference between CBR and a lot of the deluxes! You're going to love it!

14. Amy&Dan

Amy&Dan DIS Veteran

Having stayed at both Pop and CBR, in my opinion you made a great choice and got a great deal! CBR is a beautiful, relaxing, fun resort. Having a larger room and bathroom, more pools, nicer landscaping, the lake with its beautiful beaches and hammocks, the views of Illuminations and a less hectic feel are all well worth that extra amount of money.

Nothing against Pop, we enjoy it very much but for us, moderate wins every time!

15. Linda T.

Linda T. DIS Veteran

We are all adults and we love staying at CBR. Hope you have a wonderful trip.

16. LovesTimone

LovesTimone DIS Veteran

You completely made the right choice, and will appreciate they space while you are there. For just adults or family its a wonderful choice, and you got it at a really good price. :thumbsup2

We have stayed there a lot, with our DD's, just DH and I, my girlfriends have stayed there for food and wine, I took my mom there for her 70th birthday surprise trip. So I feel that you will enjoy it.

The resort is beautiful, great main pool, and some quite pools, also they have a really nice hot tub, in the mail pool area behind the slide. Also check out the island walk, it has some really nice stops to sit, and maybe have a cocktail, and great pictures for here as well.

The food court is good, lots of choice. also there is TS restaurant on site. We have not eaten there but your might want to check out the reviews here and over on allears.net, they will lots of pictures of the resort as well.

Enjoy your trip.pixiedust:

17. Apopper74

Apopper74 Mouseketeer

CBR is a beautiful resort. I like that each island (or whatever it's called) has their own quiet pool. The theming is more adult, as Pop is geared at kids or nostalgia. There's a lot of walking which can be a good or bad thing. I enjoyed my long quiet walk in the morning to get my coffee at first, but the longer you are there the more you want to conserve your walking for the park. Overall, that is a good deal and know you will enjoy your stay, you'll be in Disney after all.

18. chester629

chester629 DIS Dad #747

CBR is amazing! Awesome choice! Make you get a room near OPR!

19. carly chloe

carly chloe DIS Veteran

YES!! You made the right choice!! CBR is WAY more relaxing than POP. If you want wall to wall kids and loud crowded food courts POP is the way to go. Once we went mod- we didn't want to go back- we did once and regretted it the whole trip. CBR is beautiful!!

20. trishadono

trishadono DIS Veteran

Thats what we did too!

We will all have a great trip! Enjoy:goodvibes

( i have stayed at pop 8 times and love it but CBR is better, stayed there before too!) The resort is so pretty, makes you feel like at an island.:cloud9:

21. fd1972uk

fd1972uk Mouseketeer

Great choice, I do admit to loving Disney in your face i.e. Pop, AS, AoA kinda way, but CBR is a lovely resort, you'll not notice Disney until you see the shop tbh.

Beautiful place to stay, loved my stay there, we stayed in the Pirates Room which was great.

I also love those buses, went on quite a few other resort buses and the music I always heard was just normal radio type music, as opposed to Caribbean buses which had the Caribbean music, Steel Drum tunes, excellent.

FD