POP refurbed rooms with Flat Screens! Update Page 13 **

What a waste of perfectly good TV sets. If the new flat screens are hooked up with the same yellow ended video cables, then the picture quality will be roughly the same as it was before.

Better to replace the sets one at a time as they go bad.

Every time I have been at WDW I was not in the room very much and did not spend much time watching TV.

We'll be there five weeks from today, I so hope I get one of these rooms! I had my TA put it on my reservation.

The privacy curtain is so great since I have older kids.

Dh wants that tv that he'll never have time to watch!

I don't get why people are so excited about flat screen. is there something about them I don't know? I could care less what kind of screen my tv is.....So what is the big deal with them?

I do love the new rooms look though. I hope we can go in the near future.

I don't get why people are so excited about flat screen. is there something about them I don't know? I could care less what kind of screen my tv is.....So what is the big deal with them?

I like the flat screens in hotel rooms because, to me, it makes the room feel more open. I don't watch TV in Disney, though. I'd be fine if there were no TV's at all!

What a waste of perfectly good TV sets. If the new flat screens are hooked up with the same yellow ended video cables, then the picture quality will be roughly the same as it was before.

Every time I have been at WDW I was not in the room very much and did not spend much time watching TV.

Not a waste, Disney sells them to their CMs at their property control stores, and they are happy to buy them. I'm sure that's where all of the furniture from BWV went too. I always kid my DH about everyone's homes having the same furniture in them. When my DH was a CM and we visited the CM stores and there was always vaccumms and lamps and art work from the different resorts. If you were local you actually could furnish your apartment very cheaply --heck they even sell the used pillows.

I called yesterday to request a 70's room & the CM didn't know a thing about the refurb at Pop!! She put me hold for 5 minutes and came back to tell me there was definitely no new flatscreen TVs or privacy curtains at Pop!!!:confused3
I told her I was looking at pictures on my computer, she said I must be mistaken, it must be a moderate resort!!
So I very politely asked her to just go ahead & put the request on my reservation anyway!!!:rolleyes1

Are there brand new matresses going in or just decorations.. (tv,comforter,shower curtain) Etc. Thanks! :goodvibes

They put in all new mattresses last summer while we were there so i dont see them doing that again. Maybe that was the start to this?:woohoo:

I can't wait to get back this August/September and stay in a refurbed room!
They look awesome! We were actually going to try a different value this year and decided a few months back not to and now we're really happy were going back to POP!!!<3<3<3

They put in all new mattresses last summer while we were there so i dont see them doing that again. Maybe that was the start to this?:woohoo:

I can't wait to get back this August/September and stay in a refurbed room!
They look awesome! We were actually going to try a different value this year and decided a few months back not to and now we're really happy were going back to POP!!!<3<3<3

Hey, I'm really excited for this too! This will be our fourth year in a row staying at Pop Century, and it's been very good every time! But the refurbed rooms sound awesome!

Nice. Anything to make the resort look less cheap and cheesy is a good thing.

Flat screens aren't necessarily an upgrade, but high-definition displays (LCD or plasma) are capable of showing a higher-quality image. That is, if the source is also high-definition.

Does anyone know if Disney is using high-definition source/channels at resorts with HDTVs?

Does anyone know if Disney is using high-definition source/channels at resorts with HDTVs?

Not at this point. Upgrades and improvements are planned for the cable television system at Walt Disney World over the course of this year (per the DVC association meeting and various murmurs on the internet), but it's unknown what these upgrades will entail beyond an "expanded" channel line-up.

Hey, I'm really excited for this too! This will be our fourth year in a row staying at Pop Century, and it's been very good every time! But the refurbed rooms sound awesome!

I know I'm excited also! I can't wait it's almost like going to a new resort! I was requesting 50's poolside but now I may go 70's as I was torn between the 2 anyways . but we love the pool so idk we'll see what happens . looks like we'll be there basically the same dates too!

We were there in December, I don't even know if that TV even WORKED - we never turned it on! (And that was the best part!):cutie:

DH and I will be there in August I really can't wait now... The rooms look great!! I hope they do the whole resort as I plan on getting a room in the 60's section. :O)

I'm going to be staying at the Pop on Wednesday of next week. I'll be sure to check it out and see what is true and what isn't. What specifically have you all heard about modifications; IE Plasma TV's, Privacy Screens, High Def Channels? Anything else?

Any updates on additional buildings completed?

Any updates on additional buildings completed?

I also wanted to know this. I've heard that it will be done in 12 weeks, but it's been a while since the first report of this one building being done without any reports of others getting done. Does that mean that we just don't know that there are additional buildings done now, or that they are going slower than anticipated??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter