Pop, POFQ or POR

bigcrit

"No matter where you go, there you are.
My travel agent just called back and for $30 more per night we could stay at POFQ or POR. Which is the better resort? We don't plan on being in our room much and good transportation is important to us. If you had to chose which would you choose Pop, POFQ or POR?

Thanks

For an extra $30, I'd go with POR or POFQ. The extras are worth it.

You'll have 2 sinks instead of one, which comes in handy when getting ready to hit the parks in the morning. You'll have a free refrigerator. The room will be bigger. The themed pool will have a slide, and if you have kids, having a slide at the pool is a huge plus! There is also Boatwrights at POR, and Pop doesn't have a table service restaurant. Plus, you can take a boat to Downtown Disney from Port Orleans. It's all bus service from Pop.

I've never stayed at POFQ, but we did enjoy POR. Either place is nice.

If none of the above perks sound that great to you, then you might as well save money and stay at Pop--I'm sure that you'd enjoy Pop, too...........But the free fridge and pool slides alone would make it worth an extra $30/night for our family.

I'm sure you'll have a great vacation at any of these 3 resorts.

Kelly in MD

I agree, it's worth the extra money especially if traveling with kids. We love POFQ, the atmosphere and the pool are great. The boat rides to DTD are so relaxing.Transportation is fast and efficient. It doesn't have a full service restaurant (but the beinet's sp? at the food court are great) but you can take a quick boat ride to POR for Boatwright's. I've also stayed at POR which is also good, but I just prefer the atmosphere of POFQ.

pirate: We usually stay in Deluxe resorts but have a few times over the years also stayed at some of the moderates. We have stayed in POFQ a couple of times as well as CBR and CS. and I must say as far as moderates go I think POFQ is a really great resort if only because due to the fact it's a much smaller resort as far as moderates go. Any building you stay in is a close to the food courts and also the main pool. Also we ventured over to Riverside which used to be called Dixie Landings and honestly thought that it was a beautiful resort. IMO you cannot go wrong with either of these choices. Never stayed in a value but have toured them and I can honestly say no matter what resort you pick, you and yours will have a great time. Just remember, you're at WDW.!!!! Chip.

So both are nice. Does anyone have any pix of those resorts? I am thinking of changing our resort to POR. About 10 years ago my wife and I were planning on staying at Dixie Landing but that trip fell through. Is POFQ alot newer than POR?

Thanks again all...

I remember reading somewhere that the rooms at POFQ were remodeled last year and were very nice. Maybe it was in the Unofficial Guide?? We stayed at POR in July and they were painting some areas so maybe POR is going to be remodeled also.
Hope that helps!

POFQ is my favorite Disney resort. But you'll be in Disney so I'm sure you'll have a great time at any of the Disney resorts.

bigcrit said:
My travel agent just called back and for $30 more per night we could stay at POFQ or POR. Which is the better resort? We don't plan on being in our room much and good transportation is important to us. If you had to chose which would you choose Pop, POFQ or POR?

Thanks

First on all, are you going as a couple or a family? I ear POFQ is VERY ROMANTIC, we went at POR with our 3 kids and had a blast! The kids loved the theme pool, and the wonderfull grounds. Everything is perfect at POR!!
That's a difficult choice to make! Good luck! :wizard: :wizard:

We are a family of 4

Me
DW
Twin daughters - Gonna turn 9 on the trip

We don't plan on being in the room that much. This is such a short trip we want to go commando and do as much as possible. Thats why I am curious about the moderates. Are they really gonna be better than Pop for us?

1. We won't be there to enjoy the resort.
2. Do they have better transportation to the parks?

I am really not sure what to do.......

bigcrit said:
We are a family of 4

Me
DW
Twin daughters - Gonna turn 9 on the trip

We don't plan on being in the room that much. This is such a short trip we want to go commando and do as much as possible. Thats why I am curious about the moderates. Are they really gonna be better than Pop for us?

1. We won't be there to enjoy the resort.
2. Do they have better transportation to the parks?

I am really not sure what to do.......

Although I like both POR and POFQ, I prefer POFQ. POFQ is the smallest WDW resort. It is very quiet and has only one bus stop. Another plus for me, while some busses stop at both POFQ and POR, POFQ is always the first stop for both pick-up and drop off. My kids love the colors and themeing at POFQ -- my son LOVES the dragon slide at the pool. On Disney World's website, you can take virtual tours of all of the resorts: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/resorts/resortOverview?id=ResortOverviewPage

A big plus for either POR or POFQ over POP is that both have a boat shuttle in the evenings that goes directly to Downtown Disney, where there are many restaurants, including a McDonald's, Rain Forest Cafe, and Earl of Sandwich as well as candy stores, a Ghiradelli ice cream shop, toy stores, etc. -- a really great place to go on those evenings when you want to take it easy.

However you decide, I hope you enjoy your trip!

I would most definitely stay at the French Quarter. I LOVE this resort and it is my favorite moderate. It's compact, so it's easy to get everywhere at this resort. There is also a boat to DTD.

If you don't care to spend the $$, then I'd recommend the Movies over Pop. We stayed at Pop last November and really did not care for it. At Pop, we found Mousekeeping slow and lax and thought the food at the foodcourt was awful (tried the PB & fluff twice and the bread was stale both times and the fluff was liquidy). Staying at the Movies made us really feel like we were at WDW. Loved the foodcourt and the Mousekeeping was excellent.

Does anyone have any really good picks of both? I would love to see more than whats on Disney. I have seen the ones at ***********.com

I really appreciate and value the input you all have offered. Thank you. I knew I could count on the Dissers for help.

:disrocks:

Thanks

You know it's hard to describe the atmosphere of POR/POFQ, on my last trip we stayed 1 night at ASMOvies and didn't like one bit and we stayed 5 nights at POR it was FABULOUS, the littles extras at a moderate are really what makes the people come back to it! We were not at our hotel very often, but when we were it was just GREAT. How long is your stay???

We are stying 4 nights 5 days. I think I am going to go with POFQ. I would really like to see some more pictures of it first.

Thanks again all.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter