POP or DTD hotel?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by crc76, Sep 27, 2012.

1. crc76

crc76 Earning My Ears

I am really am not sure what to do. Has anyone every booked through Southwest for hotel and flight with the jackpot savings?

Our stay at POP in Feb will be a little under $2000 not including dining (hoping for free dining to come out soon). Then add on $1000 for our flight, and that is $3000

I was checking flights today and if I was to book a "package" through Southwest I could get flight and hotel (Best Western Buena Vista) for $1360 (flight alone is $998). If I buy tickets from undercover tourist, it is only about $2400 for all.

That's a $600 savings. Free dining changes all that, but I don't know how long I can hold out for that. The rooms look bigger and nicer at the dtd hotel. Any suggestions? Has anyone every stayed there?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Woth2982

Woth2982 DIS Veteran

Feb tends to be a peak time at Disney so I would not count on free dining. I once booked my package through SWV and saved a lot. I got a room only discount, added on park tickets, and deluxe dining and it ended up costing the same as the free dining package. I did not have any issue booking through them. We stayed at the Boardwalk Inn.

4. ex007

ex007 Earning My Ears

We have stayed at both the DoubleTree and Hilton DTD hotels. We used the buses for EMH mornings a couple of times at the Hilton but drove all other times because the buses were awful - way too infrequent and multi-stops at both parks and hotels. So, if you want to stay at a DTD hotel, IMNSHO you need a rental car. You need to factor that into your costs.