POP hair dryer

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Grandmaof2, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Grandmaof2

Grandmaof2 Mouseketeer

How strong are the hair dryers at POP? Should I bring mine? Also is the coffee there the Nescafé? Thanks for any info.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. GaSleepingBeautyFan

GaSleepingBeautyFan DIS Veteran

I have very short, fine thin hair. The blow dryer at POP was perfect for me.

I know it would not have worked for my DD's long, thick hair. It would have taken forever to dry it.

If you have long or thick or curly hair, I think you would need to bring your own from home.

There was not a coffee pot in the room in Dec. 2012. I'm not sure if there was supposed to be one or not. I don't drink coffee.
    So I'm not sure what kind of coffee they have. I thought they were switching to a new type.

4. mkissa

mkissa Earning My Ears

This is great to know. Thank you! I was going to leave my hair dryer home, but now... not so much!

5. FortForever

FortForever Disney since Day 1

I just went and checked the one in my Pop room and it says 1500 watts. It doesn't feel that strong to me.

For comparison, I looked at my own and it is 1875 watts. I feel like mine is twice as strong as the one in the room even though the wattage claims to be close.

6. stitchlovestink

stitchlovestink DIS Veteran

It is CRAPPY!!! Take your own!! Well worth the luggage space it takes if you are the least bit fussy about your hair! :thumbsup2

7. Grandmaof2

Grandmaof2 Mouseketeer

Thanks, I will take mine with me.

8. disney777

disney777 DIS Veteran

No coffee in the Pop rooms. At the foodcourt, they are supposed to be switching to Joffreys. Not sure how quickly that change is rolling out.

9. Grandmaof2

Grandmaof2 Mouseketeer

Can you bring a coffee pot to use in your room????
    :confused3

10. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

My suggestion also. :thumbsup2

11. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

They suck. Bring your own. :thumbsup2

12. disney777

disney777 DIS Veteran

Many people bring their own coffee maker, even to Mods or deluxes. If you drive, it's not to hard to pack your coffee maker. My last stay at POFQ, I saw someone carrying their Keurig to their room. I always travel with a hotpot so I can make my own tea (or some type of instant coffee).:thumbsup2

13. stitchlovestink

stitchlovestink DIS Veteran

According to hotel rules at the values...
    A reasonable personal sized coffee pot is permitted to be brought in and used during your stay. You, of course, will also need to bring all of your own supplies as well (coffee, filters, creamer, etc....) HTH!

14. Patience

Patience DIS Veteran

We brought a coffee maker to Pop during our 2011 fall trip. We also brought a small refrigerator because the values didn't have them at the time.