Pop Century vs. All Star Movies?

GoHerbie

Mouseketeer
We're considering a last-minute trip for MLK weekend. Disney resort nights would be Fri & Sat Jan 18 & 19, 2013. A standard Pop Century room is $125/night, and a preferred All Star Movies is $131/night.

Which one is better? We'll have a car so will only need the bus for our MK day.

I thought crowds would be ludicrous, but Josh's calendar says the parks will be a 5&6, and in August a few months ago we had 7's so that's a nice surprise. I thought the crowds would be worse on a holiday weekend.

I like POP more b/c it is newer, has a better food court and my favorite reason is that I can get a lakeview room. Also, you can walk to AOA to eat there and look around.

Personally, I prefer the All Star resorts. It seems a bit more laid back there and I think the food court is just fine at all of them. We've always been happy with the selections. We had a great stay at AS Sports this past summer (and we've stayed in the others several times).

The only thing that would draw me to PopC right now, is that I could easily tour AoA while staying there.

We're considering a last-minute trip for MLK weekend. Disney resort nights would be Fri & Sat Jan 18 & 19, 2013. A standard Pop Century room is $125/night, and a preferred All Star Movies is $131/night.

Which one is better? We'll have a car so will only need the bus for our MK day.

I thought crowds would be ludicrous, but Josh's calendar says the parks will be a 5&6, and in August a few months ago we had 7's so that's a nice surprise. I thought the crowds would be worse on a holiday weekend.

I like the theme and size of All Star Movies...however, I prefer the layout of POP. Both resorts are nice!

I will say that I had taken a few years off from POP and stayed at AsMu and AsMo and I didn't miss POP. However, this year we stayed at AoA and walked over to POP a few times and I remember thinking that it was nicer than the All Stars and if for some reason we can't stay at AoA we will probably return to POP as opposed to the All Stars.

I would stay at Pop because it is closer to the parks which is important since this will be a short trip for you. I like the All Stars too but remember January is a popular month for tour groups/large groups and they are usually booked at the All Stars.

We're going to skip a January trip, but we would have chosen POP based on the replies so thanks for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter