POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #8~July 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is technically a dining question, but since it applies to Pop I'm hoping my fellow Poppers can help me out!

With the QS dining plan, can you get a dessert item at breakfast in the Pop food court? (Not that we need dessert at breakfast, but would save it for later if we can). :confused3

I know this is technically a dining question, but since it applies to Pop I'm hoping my fellow Poppers can help me out!

With the QS dining plan, can you get a dessert item at breakfast in the Pop food court? (Not that we need dessert at breakfast, but would save it for later if we can). :confused3

Only if you want to use a Snack entitlement. On the QSDP breakfast includes 1 entree and 1 non-alcoholic beverage. Lunch and Dinner include 1 entree, 1 non-alcoholic beverage and 1 dessert.

I know this is technically a dining question, but since it applies to Pop I'm hoping my fellow Poppers can help me out! With the QS dining plan, can you get a dessert item at breakfast in the Pop food court? (Not that we need dessert at breakfast, but would save it for later if we can). :confused3
. You could do something called a continental combo which is usually a pastry/desert and a drink

Thanks for the clarification EpcotBill & Sherpa88. Looks like we'll stick with cereal in the room and save the credits for something more "valuable". ;)

We leave Friday and the kids have no idea we are going anywhere! Trying to sneak pack at home with my 3 year old while my 6 year old is at school #stealthvacationpacking

rileyroo120 said:
When do they announce the weeks limited time magic? I am anxiously awaiting what they do for Halloween week!

Unfortunately for us planners it is usually the week before.

Can anyone confirm if these are still available at breakfast? My daughter was really looking forward to them but I don't see them on the menu. They were scrambled eggs, bacon, cheese and a white "gravy" on top of a crust. Thanks!

Unfortunately, I did not see anything like this when I was there 2 weeks ago :sad1:

I am laughing so hard at the stealth vacation packing!!!! I wish I could keep a secret like that but I'm just too darned excited! I'm more excited than the kids - I can't believe it's only 16 days away!!!

ETA: apparently I can't believe it because its not true. lol 18 days!!

jaceraden said:
I am laughing so hard at the stealth vacation packing!!!! I wish I could keep a secret like that but I'm just too darned excited! I'm more excited than the kids - I can't believe it's only 16 days away!!!

ETA: apparently I can't believe it because its not true. lol 18 days!!

My DD saw the stack of suitcases in the basement and said "ooooo suitcases! I wanna go!" I lied and said that we are going to a craft show and the suitcases don't belong to us. We are storing them for grandma. She is so psyched for the craft show though. I can't wait to see their reaction! Both my girls keep asking where their princess shirts went... hope they're not on to me...

last night, we got back from a visit to Pop. we were in the 70s, building 6. we didn't have a fridge or the new bedding. we had a lake-view room with a beautiful view of AoA's Cars section. we did walk through there one evening and really loved it!

we had a great stay!

bus service was hit/miss. normally, we have such great bus service there, so we were surprised.

our mousekeeper would NOT leave us enough wash cloths. we had to call twice and i finally left a note requesting she leave four wash cloths. she left extra that day. we didn't get service the following day. i ran the TOT 10-miler, so we slept pretty late. we were at the pool for an hour and then didn't really leave the room until a little before 3 pm. so, when we got back, our room hadn't been serviced. thankfully, we had enough towels and wash cloths for the following day (since she had left extra). what was funny is that the very next day, she again didn't leave us enough wash cloths. i don't know what the deal was with that. thankfully, we had one extra left so we didn't have to call.

we were able to exchange our leftover QS meal credits for snacks (one-to-one exchange). also, i'd never noticed they had sandwiches in the refrigerators, so we each got a "to go" meal for the ride home.

We have ADR's for Tuskerhouse Breakfast at 8:35am on a non-magic hours day. What time should we plan to be at AK? Is 8 am too early?

We booked online last week for Feb 2-8th, so excited!! I noticed someone posted they were asked when booking if they wanted magic bands. It never gave us that option, we booked on the Disney site. Do we still have the option or were we not given the choice at booking because it was so far into the future and we'll get more info closer to our departure date? My 5 year old really wants a green magic band, he says it's a deal breaker for him

We booked online last week for Feb 2-8th, so excited!! I noticed someone posted they were asked when booking if they wanted magic bands. It never gave us that option, we booked on the Disney site. Do we still have the option or were we not given the choice at booking because it was so far into the future and we'll get more info closer to our departure date?

I am booked for January 21-28 and haven't received anything either, I believe you get notification for the Magic Bands 60 days out. So mark it on your calendar :)

I am booked for January 21-28 and haven't received anything either, I believe you get notification for the Magic Bands 60 days out. So mark it on your calendar :)

I will be there in December and at 63 days out still have not seen or heard anything

I am laughing so hard at the stealth vacation packing!!!! I wish I could keep a secret like that but I'm just too darned excited! I'm more excited than the kids - I can't believe it's only 16 days away!!! ETA: apparently I can't believe it because its not true. lol 18 days!!

My 3 year old saw me taking her sisters clothes out if her drawers and asked me what I was doing. I lied and told her I was taking away clothes that were too small! Keeping a secret is hard! Thankfully I get to reveal it all tomorrow after school right before we leave!
Yesterday my 6 year old was really rude to me. My husband got so mad at her and said "you don't even know all the things Mommy does for you". I had to stop myself from laughing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter