POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #8~July 2013

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Janet B, Jul 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrishatton

chrishatton Disney Dad

Live from POP!

Staying in the Sixties. Fridge is in. New TV. New Bedding. Staff have been great. Thunderstorm and showers in MK yesturday. Didn't get a drop of rain on us. The rain respectfully held itself to while we we in/on Space Mountain and while we ate at Pecos Bills.

Cheers!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Flynnismine

Flynnismine Being at Disney = Best Day Ever

Hummmm, we arrive on the 19th and have requested 50's bldg but I don't think anyone has posted about having a new fridge in 50's yet, not to say they won't be installed over the next two weeks. I may change us to 60's because a new fridge and new bedding would be fantastic :-)
    I have a small order being delvrd from Garden Grocer for DD (picky eater) and a working fridge would make food storage much easier than a softsided cooler. We have never stayed at Pop before so I don't have my heart set on any particular bldg. There are ALOT of us on here staying at Pop and arriving on or around the 19th, anyone else thinking of changing up their bldg request in order to possible get a working fridge and cozy new bedding? LOL

4. JamieLM

JamieLM Mouseketeer

What construction is being done at POP and when is it expected to be complete?

5. iluvjus

iluvjus Earning My Ears

Staying at pop arriving the 20th. Looks like we are going to have a very busy week!!

6. angelmom27

angelmom27 DIS Veteran

There is no construction going on. Only thing happening is replacing fridges and bedding. Which can occur while you are at the parks.

7. no capes darling

no capes darling I never look back, it distracts from the now

If you're talking about what I highlighted in red, that's at Downton Disney.

8. dawnhaze

dawnhaze DIS Veteran

I'll be there a week from today! I haven't even started packing yet, which is odd for me, but I have a business trip to take from Thursday through Sunday... Next Monday I'll have to go to the laundromat and THEN pack for WDW. :scared: I've NEVER packed the day before a trip before. The idea terrifies me.

I'm hoping to have the new bedding, I really despise hotel bedspreads. I didn't request a specific building or section, just lake view and ground floor.

9. ZehnJahren

ZehnJahren DIS Veteran

35 days for me. Still trying to decide if I want to request a building, floor, or king bed. I was thinking 50s, but my last stay in the 50s I couldn't have been further from EVERYTHING, so I don't know if I want to request that. Maybe 60s lakeview high floor?

10. bullcat_02

bullcat_02 Mouseketeer

So even though my cc did not go through and I had to end up calling to finish paying for my reservation, I can get in the online check-in line? I have a fear of getting in that line and then the cast member telling me that I have to get in the long, regular check-in line. Before we called we gave it a few days to see if the payment would go through and it never did. The online check-in button was gone though.

11. JamieLM

JamieLM Mouseketeer

Thank you all!! I must have gotten confused with all the posts about the refrigerators. That's neat, will they complete the update to rooms by February you think?

12. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

I leave in 17 days...I was going to pack this past weekend because for the most part we're wearing pants and tshirts....than summer decided to show up again. So the tank tops and shorts came out again. Hopefully this weekend I can pack. I'm so excited.....I can not wait to go!

13. sargenca

sargenca Mouseketeer

Can you modify online check-in now? I would only get into the online check-in line if it worked once or at least allows you to get to the end before it gives you the error.

14. sargenca

sargenca Mouseketeer

We are here now in 50's Building 3 and have a new fridge.

15. rileyroo120

rileyroo120 Mouseketeer

less than 3 weeks!

16. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

Us too!! 17 days!!!

17. Diz Crazy

Diz Crazy Mouseketeer

So excited!!! Just realized we only have 14 days left. :-)

18. Flynnismine

Flynnismine Being at Disney = Best Day Ever

Thank you for that update on the fridge status in the 50's bldg. Did you also have the new bedding? It's great to know they are getting them installed as quickly as could be expected.

19. akayek31

akayek31 DIS Veteran

Called today and officially changed to Pop. Only 127 days left to go :)

20. Pikester

Pikester DIS Veteran

At Pop right now and have 5 bottles of water that I will have to leave behind. If you are interested in them let me know and I can bring them to you. I will be out around 7pm though for a dinner reservation.

21. aym4Him

aym4Him DIS Veteran

Welcome to the family and I don't envy your countdown!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.