POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #8~July 2013

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Janet B, Jul 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

I still haven't encountered any Pop-specific new bedding photos, so we can look again at the same All-Star Sports bedding photo from Touring Plans to get an idea what to expect -- sheet and throw treatment replacing the full comforter:

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. rileyroo120

rileyroo120 Mouseketeer

3 weeks from today we will be in Orlando! I have been planning this trip for so long, that its hard to believe its so close!

4. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

Didn't get an answer yesterday when I posted......just asking again :)

5. shyjade

shyjade DIS Veteran

The replacement of the fridges is not complete yet (at Pop) so nobody really has a correct answer for you. You may, or may not have one, depending on when the project finishes up at Pop.

6. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

Yeah I know...I was just wondering if anybody was there now with some good news for me that's all. Lol

7. edares

edares Earning My Ears

We were in building #1 - 1161 - had fridge in room, it appeared to be new.
    Thought the bedding & pillows were nicer that our stay two years ago. Did still have same bed spread. But everything looked cleaned and well maintained. Housekeeping was good, and wrote thank you, as DH always leaves a few dollars for the daily service. Evidently this doesn't happen very often for them.

8. Dayman99

Dayman99 Earning My Ears

After all this time of changing plans, getting all my ADR's, we will arrive at POP in 2 days!!!! Can't wait!!!

Steve

9. mickeysmith

mickeysmith Mouseketeer

Have a great trip!!

10. MacDalt

MacDalt DIS Veteran

Us too!

11. dissupermom

dissupermom Mouseketeer

I'm having a bit of issues with the online check in. can't get past the part of the credit card. is it me?

12. sargenca

sargenca Mouseketeer

No it's not just you. I tried last week a billion times to do online check-in for my AKV stay (that's tacked onto the end of this pop stay) and it never worked. So I tried to update my Pop online check-in hoping that was somehow the problem and it would get stuck at the CC part or give me an error at the very end. Luckily the Pop had my online checkin info afterall and they had me all setup when I arrived. :)

13. no capes darling

no capes darling I never look back, it distracts from the now

It didn't work for me either, but another user suggested the mydisneyreservation website and it worked for me, got the email confirmation that the online check=in worked.

14. marymaya

marymaya Mouseketeer

I did that but i didn't have as many options as the regular online checkin.

15. jnoble82

jnoble82 Mouseketeer

I didn't get a 2013 slider for my MB :/ If anyone gets a spare one, PM me, I would love to have the "memento" for the year!

16. Rippleglrl

Rippleglrl Earning My Ears

I apologize if this question has been previously asked , but after looking through the thread I haven't seen the answer. We are staying at POP for 5 nights with a free dining package and tickets already paid. What charges do I need to prepare for in my budget for the week (apart from tips)- are there any fees, etc? Thanks in advance for your help!!!!

17. mmparrott

mmparrott Earning My Ears

We check in oct 19th at POP also & received a letter a few weeks back about possible not fridge. Hope there will be one...

18. shyjade

shyjade DIS Veteran

No fees. We have done the dining plan many times and the only thing we spend money on are tips, alcohol (if you drink), souvenirs, and any extra food, snacks our drinks you may want beyond what's included in the dining plan (which shouldn't bee much if any....it's a lot of food!). I love being on the dining plan because it lets me have a very small spending budget once we arrive at Disney!

19. Rippleglrl

Rippleglrl Earning My Ears

Thanks so much!!!! Only a few weeks left and getting so excited :)

20. Grumpy4196

Grumpy4196 Mouseketeer

Currently staying at POP in 50's building 2. Sadly no fridge though. For anyone interested current BB offer is free dining next 8/20 - 9/29. We are already returning next Thanksgiving so won't be using that one.

21. trekker93

trekker93 DIS Veteran

In answer to a couple of questions I just saw on this forum:
    .We just came back from 2 weeks at POP and if you are on the dining plan, have park tickets and POP lodging, there are no other costs from WDW. However, the stores have a lot of STUFF to buy!!! You will have fun in the Everything POP store - we think it is a very good one.
    .The POP buses were very good - we were there in a low crowd timeframe but the buses were there within 5-10 minutes of walking over to the line.
    .Bring RAIN ponchos - it can rain at any afternoon down there. One day it opened up while we were in the bowling ball pool and it was fun!
    .Love bugs were just started coming out when we left at the end of Sept. so I imagine they are out now.
    .Expect a lot of people at Epcot due to F&W Festival - the crowds were just starting when we left but there was a noticeable difference at Epcot.
    .Parking is a pain in DTD. Construction has left them short of spaces so go early.
    Have fun!:thumbsup2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.