POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #8~July 2013

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Janet B, Jul 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

I always request ground floor for convenience with a stroller. :goodvibes

Since there are stairs available at the ends of the buildings and in the center, I think they are more convenient than elevators, which are only in the center of each building.

The one time I stayed on floor 3 in the 90's I tended to use the stairs as it was quicker than waiting for the elevators.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

I specifically looked for the refrigerator when we booked last October for this October and yes, it was listed as being part of the room amenities. They probably removed it for bow because they are replacing them.

4. melnbil

melnbil DIS Veteran

My son is insisting on staying in the 80's/90's building. He loves the Rubic's Cubes. :confused3 I am booking standard pool view. I prefer first floor (he tends to fall asleep on the bus and 80lbs dead weight is no fun to carry). Would building 7 be the best due to convenience to laundry. I know, I know, laundry on vacation :sick: but with being there 12 days, I have no choice. The walk to the buses doesn't bother us. My husband usually gets coffee in the am so the walk will be nice for him. Thanks for any input.

5. angelmom27

angelmom27 DIS Veteran

See they think they have the jump. Now the question is when it was removed as an ammenity was the price adjusted accordingly too. Which I doubt it was but that would only be fair if they are taking away an amenity. Since we all know the prices were bumped up to cover the charge of the fridges being added.

6. chrispeto

chrispeto Mouseketeer

when I booked my trip in may the website did not list fridges as an amenity, when I called to,pay off my trip,in June, I requested a fridge and that is when I was told the rooms have them.

7. ::Snow_White::

::Snow_White:: DIS Veteran

Update: we went back to the front dek this morning and asked again. They asked if it was medical purpose and we said no but they did credit us the $15 a night. Quick and easy, thanks! :)

8. EpcotBill

EpcotBill DIS Veteran

You're welcome.

9. DonoMoose

DonoMoose Mouseketeer

I would definitely call the Resort. Check this thread out, it has the phone numbers to different resorts. Good Luck :thumbsup2

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2437212

10. DonoMoose

DonoMoose Mouseketeer

I have probably a very silly question.. Don't ask why but every time I hear "lake view" I picture far toward the backs of the buildings lol... Are there lake view rooms that are close enough to the main hall???

11. tracydeech

tracydeech Mouseketeer

Thx. That helps. I will probably see when I check in if I can get 4th floor near the end by stairs.

12. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

Yes. Buildings 3, 4, 5, and 6 all have rooms where the window faces Hourglass Lake, and all these buildings are considered close to Classic Hall.

Building 3 is a 50's building, 4 and 5 are the two 60's buildings, and 6 is a 70's building.

13. Disneymama5816

Disneymama5816 DIS Veteran

After looking at the TA site again, I did notice that "beverage cooler" is still listed as an amenity. Took a picture of the page to take on my trip in two weeks.

14. smidgy

smidgy dimples

I would definitely request 1st floor.

15. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

Lol good idea!

16. Team Bunch

Team Bunch Mouseketeer

What time do you try to leave the resort by for a 9:00 rope drop?

17. PhoenixStrength

PhoenixStrength Waiting for my fairytale!

I'm usually at the Bus stop around 8:15. That usually gets me there by 8:45 and not at the back of the line to get in.

18. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

I would get to the bus stop by 8am at the latest. We got there at 8am last year and were late to our PL appointments for 9:10am. A bus didn't come until 8:40, but that was very unusual. That is the only time we have ever waited more than 20 minutes for a bus in all of our years at POP.

19. Team Bunch

Team Bunch Mouseketeer

Thanks for the replies.:worship:

20. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

Good question....we want to do rope drop one day too.

21. melnbil

melnbil DIS Veteran

I think my question got overlooked. Any ideas or opinions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.