1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Janet B, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EpcotBill

EpcotBill DIS Veteran

It helps to read the first few posts in any FAQ thread. This quote is from the first post in this thread;

The Pop Century Resort was originally planned to be two separate resort areas, featuring the Legendary Years (1910s-1940s) and the Classic Years (1950s-1990s), connected via the Generation Gap Bridge, over Hourglass Lake. However, in May 2010, it was decided that the unfinished Legendary Years resort would become a new value resort, named Disney's Art of Animation. Opening in June 2012, the resort offers family suites themed after the Lion King, Cars and Finding Nemo and standard rooms themed after The Little Mermaid.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. nonstopdisneymom

nonstopdisneymom Mouseketeer

I have a Friend who is heading to POP in April. She is wanting to purchase a few items from Walmart.com and have them delivered to the resort before she arrives. Is this possible? And where would she go to pick them up? Also how long will they hold the items if they are delivered sooner than expected?

4. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

I wonder if/when Disney might decide to remove the Classic Years labeling and signage from Pop Century.

5. PhoenixStrength

PhoenixStrength Waiting for my fairytale!

I've wondered that too. I was actually surprised to see it still there in December, as I figured it would go once AoA was open.

6. Coaliesquirrel

Coaliesquirrel Earning My Ears

I believe they'll hold things about 2 weeks. We had items shipped from Amazon.com, and when we checked in, we just told them we had packages held & the CM went to a back room somewhere to retrieve them. I believe they were "filed" by first initial of last name.

7. momtwoboys

momtwoboys DIS Veteran

so ordering from Amazon worked just the same as from any other grocery service?? I need to order a few things for our April trip.

8. Sandi

Sandi A proud Spartans fan.

I'm thinking they'll leave it. The whole century isn't contemplated anymore, so they'll just have the "Classic Years" of the century. JMHO

9. stitchlovestink

stitchlovestink DIS Veteran

Agreed....I think it is such a moot point that Disney isn't even thinking about it. It's there to stay.

10. SnoopyGal7

SnoopyGal7 Earning My Ears

How and when can we make these requests? And, when do they confirm which room you get? When you check-in?

Speaking of checking-in...what are the details of "early check-in"? I've heard you can do it, but I'm not sure what advantages are, etc....

Thanks! :thumbsup2

11. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

You can make your requests anytime from the day you book up until 5-6 days prior to your arrival. You'll need to call and have them added to your reservation.

You'll know what room you are assigned when you physically check in.

Online check-in is really just preregistering. You confirm your information, provide a credit card for room charging priveledges, etc. Then your packet will be printed prior to your arrival. In theory it speeds up the check-in process.

12. PhoenixStrength

PhoenixStrength Waiting for my fairytale!

You call the reservation hotline to add tour requests. You can do it anytime, but do it at least 10 days before your stay. You find out your room assignment when you arrive and check-in. Doing early check-in does not give you your room assignment early, you won't get it until you are physically there.

If you do online check-in you can go to a separate counter when you get there that is USUALLY faster as all of your stuff is already printed out and waiting for you. It is not recommended you do online check-in if you are picky about your room as while you can get them to switch it, that defeats the purpose of the faster line.

13. nonstopdisneymom

nonstopdisneymom Mouseketeer

Thanks!!

14. Amy162

Amy162 Mouseketeer

Hello all! I've been away from the boards for a while, haven't stayed at Pop since our October 2010 trip! We decided last minute to brave the World during Spring Break to celebrate my birthday!!! :yay: Super excited!!! I've been browsing through this thread and can't believe what I'm seeing - fridges AND FREE WiFi?!?!?! :eek: Can't believe how things have changed! No more trying to find a fridge swap (and hoping that they actually found the fridge when you got there!!!) LOL!

I've got a LOT more catching up to do but just wanted to POP in to say HI!!! :wave2: and thanks to all who have contributed to this thread!!

15. SnoopyGal7

SnoopyGal7 Earning My Ears

Thank you both! princess:

16. cocofifi

cocofifi Mouseketeer

Thank you! Sorry if it seemed I didn't utilize all the useful information on the thread. Thanks to all who take the time to post the info. It helps tremendously!!

17. stitchlovestink

Ehhh...No sweat!!
    That's what we're here for to answer questions!!
    Well, at least I am!! ;)
    Checking back into POP in THREE DAYS!!! WooHoo!!! I can't wait to see my DD!! It's been almost 2 months!

18. stitchlovestink

Wellll....I wouldn't exactly call these things free!! ;) LOL
    If you look at the history of the room prices over the last few years, the price increases (IMO) have been significantly sharper than what the economy would warrant but I think Disney was justifying those increases with the additional 'products/services' it was providing. I think the biggest thing is all guests are paying for these products/services whether the need them or use them which is a win for Disney but not necessarily a win for the customer. Just my opinion, but I'm not seeing it as free! ;)

19. nahla1204

nahla1204 Mouseketeer

Are POP guests allowed to use AOA pools? Just curious. Thanks!!

20. Sandi

Sandi A proud Spartans fan.

No.

21. scrappinginontario

scrappinginontario DIS Veteran

Pool hopping is not aloud at any resort. Last year we walked across the bridge and ate at the AoA restaurant and saw the Nemo pool. It's beautiful!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.