POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Janet B, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angel's momma

angel's momma DIS Veteran

Thank you :hug:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

Fabulous!! :woohoo::cool1: Very happy for you all!

Fantastic!! :banana: Can see why you been popping back so much with those rates. :hippie: We loved the DP then when everything was included...still a decent deal depending on your preferences in food/eating style. but boy wish those gold ol' days would return. :goodvibes Perhaps your DD would consider being a perpetul college studfent so you can always get those awesome deals! :rotfl2: :goodvibes

Welome back! :hippie: Being infected with disney magic is a good thing and it keeps us searching for the cure... planning the next trip! :goodvibes We have always found the CMs to be friendly and helpful so happy your family encountered the same experience. :thumbsup2 Bet your son loved the balloons! The 60s is one of our favorite areas and we love the end rooms too (and 4th floor). :cool1:

4. Olliebelle

Olliebelle Earning My Ears

That's so nice of you! If the stroller is still available I'd love to use it. We will get to Pop today around 2, if the train is on time. Our first park day isn't until tomorrow. I planned on renting one but would love to use that money on Disney stuff. You can text me at 304-634-8249. Thanks

5. missouripapa

missouripapa Earning My Ears

I'm heading to Pop on May 18th for a seven day stay. This will be my 5th stay at Pop, I've been twice with DD21, once with DW,DSIL,DD28,DGD7,DGD3, and once with DW,DS, and DGD3. The only constant is me(coincidence? Probably not). We've been in the 50's,60's,70's and 90's, with never a bad room. The staff has been consistently excellent.
    In May, I'll have yet another assortment. It'll be me, DGD7, DGD3, DD21, sister, and nephew 14. We'll be celebrating DGD's 4th birthday, and couldn't want a better place to celebrate. If you see a 60year old guy surrounded by a gaggle of young people, say Hi!

6. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

:woohoo: Sound like it will be an awesome trip! :cool1: Remember to ask at check in for a birthday button for the birthday princess. princess: Oh and have her birthday celebration noted on any ADRs (and your room reservations). :thumbsup2

Sure you will have an amazing time! oh, and :welcome: to the DIS!! :cheer2:

7. seadd67

seadd67 DIS Veteran

After many changes to our plans(i can start a thread just on my changes from where and when and how many trips we where going to do in 2013) I am so happy that we are going back to POP for the 6th time. We took 2012 off from WDW with a trip to DL and MNSSHP,but where back!!

8. penni520

penni520 Mouseketeer

Just booked another wonderful trip:cheer2:.... Just love traveling solo and most of all the Pop Century.One week, 5 day park pass, hoping for FREE QS :cheer2:

9. skater

skater <font color=blue>Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't

Just back from a great trip to PoP! The CM's were so friendly - some of the best, I think. Our room was clean, and at check-in, the cm went out of her way to meet my request AND get us an available room. We checked in at about 11 a.m., and I wasn't expecting our room to be available. But we were so tired from an early flight. I asked if our room was ready, and she felt so sorry for us that she found us a different room (but in the same requested section) that was ready. It was such a great start to a wonderful stay!

I also noticed that the cm's in the food court were friendly and patient despite some rude guests. Some of the cms were a little slow and sort of unconcerned at the food stations, but I they were nice :goodvibes.

I also thought the cms in the gift shop and at bell services were particularly Disney-like. I love the moderates, but I can tell you, these cms were amazing and overall very wonderful.

10. KELLY

KELLY DIS Veteran

Thnaks for the nice review.:)

11. angel's momma

angel's momma DIS Veteran

Thank you Janet :)

12. dsneprincess

dsneprincess DIS Veteran

Hi! I don't usually post to this thread, but I have a Pop Century question I hope someone can help me out with. We had a great stay checking out 2/27. I didn't get a list of charges on my door when we left. I didn't stress because when we stayed at CBR last August I didn't get one on my door anymore it came via email. However, I am now a week out & have no list of room charges. Is there a way for me to now request this or am I out of luck? Who would I contact? Any ideas? TIA

13. DianaPrincessofWales

DianaPrincessofWales DIS Veteran

I am enjoying reading this POP thread! Brings back memories of past visits...but now it has been a few years.

My question is about the value resorts (spec. POP) mini fridges they had installed this last year. Can anyone please describe exactly how big they are can a few 1/2 gallon jugs of juice/milk/pop fit? Any info or pics would be great! Thank you!

My second question is about the parking lot that connects with AOA. Can you actually drive from the Little Mermaid side of AOA over to Pop's parking lot by the golden years (I think) or is there a dividing concrete boulevard/wooded area?

So excited for Friday.....WDW/POP here we come. :yay:

14. PhoenixStrength

PhoenixStrength Waiting for my fairytale!

Look on the first page, there are two pictures of the mini-fridge, one being of it stuffed with a TON of stuff. You can absolutely fit at least a couple 1/2 gallon jugs in there, if not more than that.

15. stitchlovestink

stitchlovestink DIS Veteran

As far as I know not for guests...guests would need to leave POP resort and go thru the gate at AoA resort. If there 'is a back way' I'm sure it is reserved for CM use only. :)

I had a 1/2 gal milk in the mini fridge. You can put one on the door or in the fridge itself. I didn't try putting 2 in there. It probably could be done w/ proper placement. HTH

16. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

Shoot, I didn't drive over there during my visit to AoA last week, but from looking at the maps I'm trying to figure out how the 50's and LM parking lots could possibly be blocked...I suspect they connect and you can drive that way.

Once you enter the Pop property there is nothing to keep you from walking over to AoA, so I think driving between the parking lots must be open too.

17. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

Yes, believe the 50s and the LM's parking lots are accessible to each other. Way back in the thread someone commented on this. :goodvibes

18. Gibbygirl

Gibbygirl why am I here when I should be there?

Another fridge question...Wondering about keeping ice frozen or the ability to re-freeze. Would like to use those reusable freezer sticks to put in water bottles for our July trip.

19. PhoenixStrength

There is no freezer section, it is only a fridge.

20. Gibbygirl

Gibbygirl why am I here when I should be there?

Thanks for the quick response...suppose we could get ice in our water bottles from the food court before heading out for the day...or just buy a cold water in the parks when we need one :cool2:

21. PhoenixStrength

You could get a bucket of ice at night before you go to bed and put the freezer stick in that overnight, it might work? I've done that to get water bottles very cold in hotels where there weren't fridges at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.