POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Janet B, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stitchlovestink

stitchlovestink DIS Veteran

If you want to be assured of being closest to the buses, then your best bet is going to be to book a preferred room. Preferred rooms are in the front sections of the 50's, 60's and 70's closest to Classic Hall. You can get standard rooms that are fairly close to the buses too BUT it is not going to be a guarantee. That said, POP is really pretty good about trying to meet people's requests but it will also depend on how busy the resort is and what is available on your checkin day. So if it is ABSOLUTELY 100% critcal, then I would suggest going with a preferred room. The other option is book preferred and then when you check in see what is available in standard. I think it is easier to downgrade...IMO. because if you don't like what's available in standard, you just stay put! ;) just my. .02
    Good Luck!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. jodi90

jodi90 Mouseketeer

At Pop right now. The rooms are smaller than I expected but not too bad. The kids splash area was open this morning.

The weather has been nice. A little rainy earlier today but not bad.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

4. momtwoboys

momtwoboys DIS Veteran

just switched to POP from POR for our April trip :thumbsup2 kids are excited. Question is can anyone please recommend a quality twin air mattress with a built in pump? DS 12 is 58 in tall and 62 lbs...both boys will not do well in a double anymore :sad2:

5. angelmom27

angelmom27 DIS Veteran

Joining in. Had to change our kid free anniversary trip at CBR to a family trip staying at POP in two rooms. It will be me, DH, DS 14, DD 10, DS 9, DD 7, DD 5, DD 4, and DD 2. We will be there in May. 3 more months to go. We have visited pop a lot. My aunt has stayed here twice and my cousins too. This will be the first time our family has ever stayed on property. Its a surprise for all. No one knew about the trip from the beginning so just going to continue with the secret. My MIL won't be able to watch the kids so that's why plans changed.

6. Sandi

Sandi A proud Spartans fan.

We have a Coleman twin sized air mattress. The pump is electric and works really fast. It is blown up in about 90 seconds. I'm not sure what you mean by "built in." The pump is separate from the mattress, but came with the mattress and works great. We've taken it to WDW, skiing, camping, and it gets used a lot for sleepovers.

We also have an Aerobed queen size mattress. The Coleman is better quality and the customer service is great. (I had an issue with a ring getting lost in the mattress and they sent a new insert package immediately at no cost.)

7. momtwoboys

momtwoboys DIS Veteran

thanks Sandi...going to look into that one. I was meaning I see that some the pump is seperate and some they are built into the mattress so nothing to forget or leave behind! all in one!

8. Sandi

Sandi A proud Spartans fan.

You're welcome. On the Coleman one we have, the pump is separate. Everything goes into one bag for storage and we've never forgotten it. I guess I haven't seen those with a pump that is inside or otherwise permanently connected.

9. momtwoboys

momtwoboys DIS Veteran

thanks! I want to make sure the kids get decent sleep!

10. PhoenixStrength

PhoenixStrength Found my Prince Charming!

I second getting the Coleman!! I used one in 2008 when my sisters and I took a trip together. It blew up fast and was quite comfy even. I wouldn't worry about forgetting the pump, as Sandi said it goes in the same bag as the mattress so there's not much worry of it being forgotten.

11. babygirlamg

babygirlamg DIS Veteran

checking into the hotel tomorrow night around 9:30 pm....would love to swim once we bring our stuff to the room....what time are the pools open until? i know i saw that the bowling pool was closed for refurb but how about the other pools....just me and my daughter not a loud bunch

12. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

Your're welcome!

:cool1: It's always nice to pass by a decorated door / window! :thumbsup2 Enjoy!

Preferred rooms are located in the 50s, 60s and 70s... look at the map and see if anyone of these areas interest you more than another..:goodvibes Would DS like the foosball/big wheel area? (70s)

:woohoo: have a great time!!

Thanks for the info!!

Nice! This was the timeframe for our first ever trip to Disney. :goodvibes Have fun! :cool1:

Thanks! Hope the weather holds for you. :goodvibes

Awesome! :banana: How special that the first time staying on site will be with your family. :goodvibes

Pool hours vary according to season...Usually though POP allows swimming past the posted hours (of course no lifeguard. :)) Unless someone posts today, you can let us know tomorrow night! :goodvibes I don't think you will have any problem using the pool.

13. lovesdumbo

lovesdumbo DIS Veteran

I will be there May 3-11th with my youngest DD(10). It will be my 8th stay at Pop but just her 2nd. She hasn't been to Pop since she was 5 but has been to WDW 6 other times since so she really doesn't remember Pop all that much. She's really looking forward to returning. I was last at Pop in Jan 2012 so I'm really looking forward to walking over to AoA to check it out.

14. SwimBikeRun

SwimBikeRun Mouseketeer

Here now!

It was a long day of travel. Kids are asleep at 8:10!! I'm going to join them!

We got some pixie dust and were upgraded to a preferred room!! Super close to the buses and classic hall. We're in the 70s front hall. Literally steps from the buses. I did request a room close to the buses

Pool was fun. Hard downpour at 4:45 for about 30 minutes. It was warm and humid. Quite a shock to leave 20 degree weather and now it's in the 80s!

Went to DTD for dinner WPE was amazing.

Rooms are tiny. Beds are hard but not the worst I've ever slept on. So far it's quiet. Buses were empty and everyone has been super nice. Even though it was in the 80s today I think our room temp is fine. I'm kind of cold with it at 68!

15. bookbunny

bookbunny Mouseketeer

Just arrived this morning and am having a great time. Flew in this morning. Was on the bus to the hotel with no line. Bus only had two other couples on it. Did online check in, so the packet at the hotel was done. Got our room, changed clothes, and off we went to Hollywood Studios. We were in the park by 1045a.

We are having the best time. This being a combo Anniversary/Valentines Day gift is the best. LOVE IT! :cool1::banana::love:

16. Annie78

Annie78 Mouseketeer

Sounds like I'm better off taking my suitcase to Bell Services myself if I want to be in control of my schedule... The reason for leaving the stroller would be so I don't have to deal with it and the suitcase on the way to Bell Services in the morning. Maybe I will make DS push the stroller while I pull the suitcase - or load the suitcase in the stroller!

17. knik

knik Earning My Ears

At POP now!! Since Friday. Kids splash pool has been closed most mornings but open every day for the rest of the day. Yeah!

We've walked to AoA numerous times and have found the gates to their pool area have been left open every time. So... Pool hopping is an option... We have not.

Need a little pixie dust to help with this weather... Although even with the rain it's nicer than home.

18. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Even if the gates are left open, the AoA pool is for AoA guests only. So still not an option.

19. nuge67

nuge67 Mouseketeer

Sure it is, who is going to stop you if teh gates are left open?

20. Pikester

Pikester DIS Veteran

Yay! DH just booked our 10/1-10/9 Pop stay! :cool1:

Looking forward to so many firsts on this trip. MNSSHP, Keys to the Kingdom Tour, Food & Wine and the trying of some new restaurants. All that for just DH and I. Kids will be home. :goodvibes

21. EpcotBill

EpcotBill DIS Veteran

Just because they don't stop you doesn't mean it's allowed. Disney has rules about pool hopping. Pop and AoA are not sister resorts, pool hopping between the two is not allowed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.