POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Janet B, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmallWorld71

SmallWorld71 DIS Veteran

Just booked POP for April 17-19.:yay:

It's our second time at POP; last time was a quick trip in 2010. Visiting the kids' great-grandparents in Cape Coral, FL and I couldn't resist a quick side trip to see the Flower and Garden Festival and the FLE at MK. Wish it were longer, but 2 nights at POP is better than none!

Quick question: Have any of you POPers traveled to HDDR from POP? I am surprising my kids with it on our first night. (last show @ 8:30) I will have a car, so could drive and then take the FW bus. Do you think that would be faster than bus to MK, then boat to FW? OTOH, maybe I should use Disney transportation and have a couple glasses of sangria? Any thoughts?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. VroomVroomLightning

VroomVroomLightning DIS Veteran

We are returning to POP this coming November 17th! We have never flown to Disney World before as we are usually traveling with 10+ people! :drive: This time though it is just my partner and I so we will be flying! The flight we are trying to get will have us at POP around 1 pm. If for some reason our room is not ready by then is there somewhere we can leave our carry-ons so we can head right to the parks or do we need to pack light as we will be carrying them with us to the parks if our room is not ready?

We are so excited to be coming back to POP! We were there December 2010 and absolutely loved it. We had thought of upgrading to POFQ, but love POP so much we have decided not to! :cool1:

4. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

You can leave your carry-ons with Bell Services.

5. VroomVroomLightning

VroomVroomLightning DIS Veteran

Thank You! That is what I thought, but I wanted to be sure! :thumbsup2

6. 2Pirates2Princesses

2Pirates2Princesses DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if they still bring out big wheels for kids to ride on in the afternoon near the 70's buildings? I read somewhere that this is one of the organized afternoon activities they do for kids at Pop and I know my 4 and 6 year olds wouldn't want to miss out on that :goodvibes

7. Mel*Pie

Mel*Pie Mouseketeer

I'll be there March 5-8. Hope I see your door! :yay:

8. Mel*Pie

Mel*Pie Mouseketeer

10 Days 'till Pop!:banana:

When I made the reservation, I requested a King room and the agent suggested I request 50s building 3, based on the things I had mentioned were important to us.

Should I do online check-in now or wait until we get to the hotel? Is there a better chance of getting what we requested if we wait to check in at the hotel?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help with this question!

9. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Whether you do online check-in or not has zero affect on whether you get your requests met.:thumbsup2

10. lovesdumbo

lovesdumbo DIS Veteran

King rooms in building 3 are handicap accessible.

11. Mel*Pie

Mel*Pie Mouseketeer

Does that mean that they won't assign me one? Or is it an undesirable room?

12. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Nope.

That's a matter of opinion. I believe the handicap accessible rooms will have handles/bars on the walls in the bathroom. And I believe there is no tub, but a shower that a wheelchair can roll into.

We've never gotten an accessible room, so hopefully someone who has will be along to explain in more accurate detail. I'm only going off memory of what others have posted here on the DIS.

******ETA*****

I found some pics of an HA King room. Check out post #448 and 472 of this thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2302772&highlight=accessible

13. Mel*Pie

Mel*Pie Mouseketeer

Thank you so much for those photos! At least I'll know what to expect. I'd rather have a King bed, even if it has the HA shower. I guess I'll just request "King room, 50s section" without a building specification and see what happens!

Thanks again! :goodvibes

14. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

You're welcome.:thumbsup2

15. Disneyfan3333

Disneyfan3333 Earning My Ears

Any word on whether they've made any arrangements to help with the closure of the kids splash pad pool now that it's closed? Hoping they'll allow access to the A of A one, but know is a long shot! And if not, is there any of the three main pools that would be better then the others for a toddler?

16. backpacktwang

backpacktwang Mouseketeer

Good morning!

Our first stay at POP starts in 26 days!!!! :yay: So, I was looking into online checkin and saw that you can make requests for your room. Any suggestions? We booked a preferred room and I know nothing about what we may want to request. Any info you can give me is greatly appreciated. :love:

ETA: It will be me, dh, and ds6 (almost 7). We will be there for 5 nights.

17. reenie1

reenie1 Mouseketeer

We just got back from a great stay at POP early this morning. The little splash pool was closed most of the week, but it re-opened on Friday. Not sure if it will stay open or not.

18. SwimBikeRun

SwimBikeRun Mouseketeer

The limo picks us up in 8.5 hours!! I'm still packing! Darn weather fluctuations!

So excited!

19. Jennifer84

Jennifer84 Mouseketeer

What area is closest to the bus? I will be traveling with two little ones who will be very sleepy by the time we get back to the resort each night, so I am trying to get the shortest walk possible! Thanks in advance :)

20. heathere3

heathere3 Mouseketeer

We'll be there May 4-9th! I'm sure you and your daughters will love Pop, this'll be our 7th stay there :)

21. stitchlovestink

stitchlovestink DIS Veteran

A last minute packer just like me!!!
    Although...I leave for my next trip in exactly three weeks. I will be at POP very early! I have a 720am flight so we have to leave our house by 5am. I need to be TOTALLY packed the night before w/ the exception of my hair dryer & make-up. Those are the only things I don't have doubles of...and I despise POP's hair dryer. I have VERY long hair. I have already restocked my toiletry bag. And since it is so cold here, I'm thinking about packing my clothes now... I love knowing I'm not the only procrastinator (normally) when it comes to packing! Hope you have a Great Trip and a Groovy stay at POP!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.