POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Janet B, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DisneyLover75

DisneyLover75 DIS Veteran

Us too!!!! So excited!

Meanwhile does anybody know if there's an ipod docking station in the rooms? To charge the ipod touch? I'm not bringing a computer so I'll need somewhere to charge it. A usb port that charges? Something?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

Unless something has been added very recently, no, there's no USB charging devices in the Pop rooms.

4. Sandi

Sandi A proud Spartans fan.

We were there in August and there is no docking station or other charging device. The poster whose question you were responding to should bring his/her own charger for the iPod.

5. lovethattink

lovethattink DIS Veteran

As long as your TA gives you the Disney reservation number you can do online check in.

Nothing in September or October either.

6. lovethattink

lovethattink DIS Veteran

What is the current Bounceback offer?

7. msmith07101

msmith07101 DIS Veteran

Here now. Arrived today around 2:30. I had requested lake view, 4th floor. I got the lake view, but they had me in the 50's on the 2nd floor. When I said something about being on the 2nd floor, the CM said, oh...I see you wanted 4th floor. Would you like me to check and see if anything else has come available? Of course I said yes, please. So, we got lucky and we are in the 60's, lake view, 4th floor. Very close to the generation gap bridge, which is great since my sister checks in at AoA tomorrow. On that note, we walked over and checked out AoA. I have to say I love the Cars area. It is done so well. The other areas did not overly impress us. They are cute, but don't have quite the impact that Cars does. I can't wait to check out the inside of my sisters suite when they arrive. I think they are in Cars. So far had a great day...had late lunch at Pop food court. Went to Downtown Disney...my favorite thing to do on arrival day. Did some shopping...got the cute Dooney backpack I had been wanting. Off bright and early to door Segway tour..can't wait!

8. DisneyLover75

DisneyLover75 DIS Veteran

Thank you! I ran out to target and bought an adapter so it would fit in a regular outlet. :thumbsup2

9. Sandi

Sandi A proud Spartans fan.

Glad they were able to move you. Sounds like you're in a perfect location.

Are you doing the Epcot Segway tour? We've done it a couple of times and it's very enjoyable. I think they've added a breakfast since we did it in august. Let us know how you like the tour.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

10. HappyGal

HappyGal DIS Veteran

So happy for you that you got the location you wanted. :goodvibes I recently stayed at AoA in the Cars section and I agree, it has the best theme of all of them. And isn't the walk to LM a hike? :eek: I look forward to hearing about your Segway tour - it's on my Disney Bucket List. :)

11. derrickmom

derrickmom DIS Veteran

Is the sun out?? We are a hour and a half away!

12. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

:yay: it always pays to nicely ask :thumbsup2 We were in the 60s in August, 2nd floor. It was perfect for AoA and Classic Hall.

We think the Cars section is the best themed too ....if others feel that way maybe Disney will start putting surchages on sections....:scared1: (hopefully not!)

BTW, DTD is only of our favorite things to do on arrival day as well.:goodvibes Congrats on picking up the backpack!! Have fun on the Segway tour tomorrow. :cool1:

:banana: Have a great time!!

13. lovethattink

lovethattink DIS Veteran

Have a great vacation! I'm sure your already there, but it's overcast and a bit cool today.

14. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

:wave2: My friend who is at Disney now says the BB offered is still the Free Dining -- 8/18 to 9/26....

15. Grumpy Grandma

Grumpy Grandma DIS Veteran

Isn't it about time they got around to changing that???? :rotfl2:

16. lovethattink

lovethattink DIS Veteran

Oh bummer! I hope it changes next week.

Yes, it most certainly is! I would like to see a room only offer for SWW!

17. Karabee

Karabee DIS Veteran

13 days until we arrive at Disney World!! Our first hotel is POP and we're so excited. We plan on getting to POP and enjoying dinner there and checking out the resort. We're only staying one night but the morning we wake up we are thinking we might walk over to AOA for breakfast. Only a short time at POP but still excited :woohoo:
    Any must sees at POP or AOA?

18. HappyGal

HappyGal DIS Veteran

When at Pop, the tie dye cheesecake is a must! :thumbsup2

19. merbobear

merbobear DIS Veteran

I love the Mr & Mrs Potato Head statues and the giant Foosball :)

20. msmith07101

msmith07101 DIS Veteran

I think the Cars section at AoA is a must ser. We are at Pop now...my sister is at AoA...very cute! At Pop i like the big Mickey phone because I had One as a kid. Wish I still had It!

21. msmith07101

msmith07101 DIS Veteran

Here at Pop now...been here since Wednesday. Got a bit warm and was sunny, so thought i would swim. Hippy Dippy pool is freezing. Guess the heater is still an issue? Moved to bowling pin pool. Much better. Having a great trip. Parks are a bit crowded though. We are just hitting them early.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.