POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have suggestions on what time i should try to catch the bus from Pop for both EPCOT and MK to be to each by 8:00? This is on 11/15 and 11/16 for the Segway and Keys to the Kingdom tours that are at 8:30. would like to be to each park by 8 to ensure we get checked in by 8:15. Or should we be there even earlier than 8?

Anyone have suggestions on what time i should try to catch the bus from Pop for both EPCOT and MK to be to each by 8:00? This is on 11/15 and 11/16 for the Segway and Keys to the Kingdom tours that are at 8:30. would like to be to each park by 8 to ensure we get checked in by 8:15. Or should we be there even earlier than 8?

Suggest you be at the bus stop by 7am. MK is about a 22 minute ride, Epcot is about 15 min, and you need to factor in wait time for a bus. And the checkin for both tours may be well within the park (thinking of Epcot here, the segway tour may meet in WS :))

Sounds like fun! We've never experience a tour yet!!

Just wondering if there is anyway to guarantee that we will get a King Sized bed, would booking a preferred room increase our chances? Or is there a King Bed Room option at booking?

We have a King Bed at home, so I can't imagine having to share a Queen for 2weeks!

We are planning our DisneyMoon for April and are still trying to decide between POP and POFQ.

As dansdad and PhoenixStrength mentioned, at POP a King bed is by request only. It seems that a King room is very important to you (and it's your DisneyMoon :goodvibes), so suggest you consider a stay at POFQ, as it offers a King room as a bookable category. :goodvibes

Congrats on your upcoming marriage!! :cool1:

As stated above, there is no guarantee for a King, and there are not many of them, though they are in each building. Also, many Kings are also the handicap accessible rooms, so they go to them in priority.

Also, POP does not have Queen beds, it has doubles. So if you don't get the King you would get a room with 2 doubles.

Thanks for the info!

As dansdad and PhoenixStrength mentioned, at POP a King bed is by request only. It seems that a King room is very important to you (and it's your DisneyMoon :goodvibes), so suggest you consider a stay at POFQ, as it offers a King room as a bookable category. :goodvibes

Congrats on your upcoming marriage!! :cool1:

Thanks so much! We actually are trying to decide between POFQ and POP! We have to wait 2 more weeks to book our flights (we have a buy one airfare get one airfare free voucher that can only be redeemed on certain dates for certain dates) so we have 2 more weeks to decide the hotel.

:confused3

When I done online check in it told me my requests could not be added and that I needed to call. So I called today and what do you know, the lady I spoke with told me that lakeview is not available in standard rooms only courtyard and standard views. I told her it was available because it gave me that option when I tried to do online check in. She still was insistent that it wasn't an option and I told her to please just notate it in the notes that we would like a lakeview if possible. I'm correct right?!

When I done online check in it told me my requests could not be added and that I needed to call. So I called today and what do you know, the lady I spoke with told me that lakeview is not available in standard rooms only courtyard and standard views. I told her it was available because it gave me that option when I tried to do online check in. She still was insistent that it wasn't an option and I told her to please just notate it in the notes that we would like a lakeview if possible. I'm correct right?!

You are correct! :goodvibes

Suggest you be at the bus stop by 7am. MK is about a 22 minute ride, Epcot is about 15 min, and you need to factor in wait time for a bus. And the checkin for both tours may be well within the park (thinking of Epcot here, the segway tour may meet in WS :))

Sounds like fun! We've never experience a tour yet!!

Thanks...I was thinking about the time to get off the bus and get to where we need to be to check in...that could take a few minutes. I think for Segway they said the front of the park, but I'll have to check my notes.
I think 7:00 sounds good. I would rather be early...I can't stand being late and trying to rush. Getting excited!!

There's a Courtyard View at Pop now? Okay, that's interesting.

I think some reservations CM's get requests and bookable categories mixed up. Lake View isn't a category but it certainly is a view you can request.

We are leaving in 24 hours! I am in the final stages of packing which means I'm starting to panic about what I'm forgetting!
We will be at POP Saturday by 5pm and staying for 11 nights!! (our longest ever, previous record was 10 nights but usually 7-8).
I'm SUPER worried that one or all of us will get sick with so much illness going on right now. But fingers are crossed.
I'm just excited and wanted to share! :cheer2:

LisaRay - packing for Disney is the best!!!! :cheer2: 11 Days is a long time, what parks will you do and how many days at each?

We're going in April for 9 days (2 days at MK, 1 day at HS, 2 water park days) but I'm thinking about adding a day or two...

We are leaving in 24 hours! I am in the final stages of packing which means I'm starting to panic about what I'm forgetting!
We will be at POP Saturday by 5pm and staying for 11 nights!! (our longest ever, previous record was 10 nights but usually 7-8).
I'm SUPER worried that one or all of us will get sick with so much illness going on right now. But fingers are crossed.
I'm just excited and wanted to share! :cheer2:

I would pack Zicam I keep in on hand for the onset of cold symptoms. I am also a fan of Airborne :stir: have a great trip pirate:

On hold now making a payment.pixiedust:

HappyGal: We have 10 day hoppers so we're going everyday except arrival day and we are mixing it all up on which park on which day. It was really weird planning this trip because we are only doing QSDP so no ADR's to work around which is totally new for us!
It really does give more flexibility and I'm hoping to use some of the time we would have spent having sit down meals allowing for a more relaxing pace.

Echo queen: My DH is obsessed with zicam and airborne products! But still sometimes there is only so much you can do! Especially with all the stomach bug's I've heard about!

P.S. I didn't know how to copy your posts into mine!
Well off to pack some more. It takes a lot of junk to make this trip happen!

Don't forget to pack alcohol hand sanitizer and hand soap in a pump for your resort sink! Washing your hands frequently is still the best way to avoid illnesses like Norovirus.:thumbsup2 Those were the first items I packed!

Had a GREAT time at POP week of Oct. 22nd!!! Our first time there. Loved our lakeview location in the 50's building. There was only 2 of us and the room was very nice and spacious enough. The view of AOA across the lake at night was really pretty. CM's could not be nicer. Room was clean and comfortable. If I have any complaint it would be the POP carts that go pretty fast (for a walking path) every 2 minutes by the lake. I know they are working but it seems a little excessive to me. Sadly saw a few crushed geicos and frogs that are normally very fast that even they could not get out of the way in time. Also I am a smoker and could not believe seeing this MOTHER blocking the steps to the entrance of the hippy dippy pool at around 2 pm with tons of kids (including her own) puffing away and smoke blowing on everyone trying to get around her. Other than that I really Loved POP. The transportation was great also! I would go back in a heartbeat.

Woooo we are staying at POP again this coming year, May 10-19! We had a blast at POP in 2011 and can't wait to stuff our faces with Mickey waffles again! :rotfl:

I'm smoothing out my dinner ADRs (I want to make sure we're back at POP in time for the outdoor movies). Any idea what time the movies will start in April?
(Daylight savings starts on March 10 so I imagine they will have to start later than 7pm?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter