POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Janet B, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msmith07101

msmith07101 DIS Veteran

Anyone have suggestions on what time i should try to catch the bus from Pop for both EPCOT and MK to be to each by 8:00? This is on 11/15 and 11/16 for the Segway and Keys to the Kingdom tours that are at 8:30. would like to be to each park by 8 to ensure we get checked in by 8:15. Or should we be there even earlier than 8?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

Suggest you be at the bus stop by 7am. MK is about a 22 minute ride, Epcot is about 15 min, and you need to factor in wait time for a bus. And the checkin for both tours may be well within the park (thinking of Epcot here, the segway tour may meet in WS :))

Sounds like fun! We've never experience a tour yet!!

4. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

As dansdad and PhoenixStrength mentioned, at POP a King bed is by request only. It seems that a King room is very important to you (and it's your DisneyMoon :goodvibes), so suggest you consider a stay at POFQ, as it offers a King room as a bookable category. :goodvibes

Congrats on your upcoming marriage!! :cool1:

5. Britta1

Britta1 Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info!

6. Britta1

Britta1 Earning My Ears

Thanks so much! We actually are trying to decide between POFQ and POP! We have to wait 2 more weeks to book our flights (we have a buy one airfare get one airfare free voucher that can only be redeemed on certain dates for certain dates) so we have 2 more weeks to decide the hotel.

:confused3

7. bamadismom

bamadismom Earning My Ears

When I done online check in it told me my requests could not be added and that I needed to call. So I called today and what do you know, the lady I spoke with told me that lakeview is not available in standard rooms only courtyard and standard views. I told her it was available because it gave me that option when I tried to do online check in. She still was insistent that it wasn't an option and I told her to please just notate it in the notes that we would like a lakeview if possible. I'm correct right?!

8. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

You are correct! :goodvibes

9. msmith07101

msmith07101 DIS Veteran

Thanks...I was thinking about the time to get off the bus and get to where we need to be to check in...that could take a few minutes. I think for Segway they said the front of the park, but I'll have to check my notes.
    I think 7:00 sounds good. I would rather be early...I can't stand being late and trying to rush. Getting excited!!

10. EpcotBill

EpcotBill DIS Veteran

There's a Courtyard View at Pop now? Okay, that's interesting.

I think some reservations CM's get requests and bookable categories mixed up. Lake View isn't a category but it certainly is a view you can request.

11. LisaRay

LisaRay DIS Veteran

We are leaving in 24 hours! I am in the final stages of packing which means I'm starting to panic about what I'm forgetting!
    We will be at POP Saturday by 5pm and staying for 11 nights!! (our longest ever, previous record was 10 nights but usually 7-8).
    I'm SUPER worried that one or all of us will get sick with so much illness going on right now. But fingers are crossed.
    I'm just excited and wanted to share! :cheer2:

12. HappyGal

HappyGal DIS Veteran

LisaRay - packing for Disney is the best!!!! :cheer2: 11 Days is a long time, what parks will you do and how many days at each?

We're going in April for 9 days (2 days at MK, 1 day at HS, 2 water park days) but I'm thinking about adding a day or two...

13. Echo queen

Echo queen <font color=darkcoral>I like the idea of being clo

I would pack Zicam I keep in on hand for the onset of cold symptoms. I am also a fan of Airborne :stir: have a great trip pirate:

On hold now making a payment.pixiedust:

14. LisaRay

LisaRay DIS Veteran

HappyGal: We have 10 day hoppers so we're going everyday except arrival day and we are mixing it all up on which park on which day. It was really weird planning this trip because we are only doing QSDP so no ADR's to work around which is totally new for us!
    It really does give more flexibility and I'm hoping to use some of the time we would have spent having sit down meals allowing for a more relaxing pace.

Echo queen: My DH is obsessed with zicam and airborne products! But still sometimes there is only so much you can do! Especially with all the stomach bug's I've heard about!

P.S. I didn't know how to copy your posts into mine!
    Well off to pack some more. It takes a lot of junk to make this trip happen!

15. makingplans4WDW

makingplans4WDW Mouseketeer

On the road right now! ETA 9:30pm... Disney here we come!

16. cey

cey Disney Veteran

Don't forget to pack alcohol hand sanitizer and hand soap in a pump for your resort sink! Washing your hands frequently is still the best way to avoid illnesses like Norovirus.:thumbsup2 Those were the first items I packed!

17. lbklyn

lbklyn DIS Veteran

Had a GREAT time at POP week of Oct. 22nd!!! Our first time there. Loved our lakeview location in the 50's building. There was only 2 of us and the room was very nice and spacious enough. The view of AOA across the lake at night was really pretty. CM's could not be nicer. Room was clean and comfortable. If I have any complaint it would be the POP carts that go pretty fast (for a walking path) every 2 minutes by the lake. I know they are working but it seems a little excessive to me. Sadly saw a few crushed geicos and frogs that are normally very fast that even they could not get out of the way in time. Also I am a smoker and could not believe seeing this MOTHER blocking the steps to the entrance of the hippy dippy pool at around 2 pm with tons of kids (including her own) puffing away and smoke blowing on everyone trying to get around her. Other than that I really Loved POP. The transportation was great also! I would go back in a heartbeat.

18. merbobear

merbobear DIS Veteran

Woooo we are staying at POP again this coming year, May 10-19! We had a blast at POP in 2011 and can't wait to stuff our faces with Mickey waffles again! :rotfl:

19. neeleyd

neeleyd Mouseketeer

30 day countdown to our first time staying at POP&#128522;. Received our Mickey mail today as well !!! It's starting to become more of a reality.

20. derrickmom

derrickmom DIS Veteran

3days! 3days! I think I might bust! Bring on the Elvis cupcake!

21. HappyGal

HappyGal DIS Veteran

I'm smoothing out my dinner ADRs (I want to make sure we're back at POP in time for the outdoor movies). Any idea what time the movies will start in April?
    (Daylight savings starts on March 10 so I imagine they will have to start later than 7pm?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.