November Movie Schedule: 7:00PM - By the Big Blue Pool popcorn::

Sunday - Dumbo
Monday - High School Musical
Tuesday - The AristoCats
Wednesday - Toy Story 3
Thursday - Pocohontas
Friday - Cinderella
Saturday - The Muppets

This makes it more real to me, since I could take advantage of this since I'll be at POP the last 2 days of November :cool1::banana::dance3:

Apparently the heater in the hippy dippy pool is out. The quiet pools are a comfortable 82 degrees, but the hippy dippy pool is much chillier at 68 degrees.

My parents are there now - I should suggest that they demand access to the AoA pool as compensation! :rotfl2:

dawnball said:
Apparently the heater in the hippy dippy pool is out. The quiet pools are a comfortable 82 degrees, but the hippy dippy pool is much chillier at 68 degrees.

My parents are there now - I should suggest that they demand access to the AoA pool as compensation! :rotfl2:

Yikes! 68 degree water is too chilly for me... We may be sunning by a quiet pool instead. Thanks for the heads up!

We were there 2 weeks ago and the water was very cold I wonder how long its been broken? :confused3

I saw the movie schedule, thanks for that. Just wondered, do they have activities and games by the pool during the day, like All Star Music has? If so, does anyone know what they are for this month? I'll be there in ten days!

An update on the hippy dippy pool's heater would be awesome too.. we have a preferred pool view room, and we were hoping to get to swim.

3Leafs said:
We were there 2 weeks ago and the water was very cold I wonder how long its been broken? :confused3

Just left....the pool was crazy cold!!! The other two pools were much warmer.

The CM told us it was ok to swim at AOA.

They weren't locked when we were there a couple of weeks ago. Not sure if it was just a fluke or not.

Just wondering how you would get into the AoA pool? Don't you need a AoA room key??:wave2:[/QUOTE]

derrickmom said:
Just wondering how you would get into the AoA pool? Don't you need a AoA room key??:wave2:
[/QUOTE]

The gate sign says you need a key but the gates are not locked. We checked twice....once at 1pm and the 12:30am.

I have a few questions, which I tried to find on the first page in the FAQ, but couldn't.

Did I see that there's a new splash pad? I heard the goofy jets were removed, but has something taken its place?

Also, I was wondering if anyone knew about activities by the pool? Do they have these, like they do at All Star Music? Is anyone there now who could share the schedule if they do have activities? I'm going to be there in just over a week, so if they put out a schedule for November, I'd love to see it. (I did see the movie schedule. Thanks for that.)

Finally, my friend, who will be coming with me, wanted to know if she should bring a bunch of cash with her or if she can plan on using the ATM in the lobby? She's worried that there might be an exorbitant surcharge for the ATM, and I was wondering if anyone knows what they charge?

Thanks so much.

I have a few questions, which I tried to find on the first page in the FAQ, but couldn't.

Did I see that there's a new splash pad? I heard the goofy jets were removed, but has something taken its place?

Also, I was wondering if anyone knew about activities by the pool? Do they have these, like they do at All Star Music? Is anyone there now who could share the schedule if they do have activities? I'm going to be there in just over a week, so if they put out a schedule for November, I'd love to see it. (I did see the movie schedule. Thanks for that.)

Finally, my friend, who will be coming with me, wanted to know if she should bring a bunch of cash with her or if she can plan on using the ATM in the lobby? She's worried that there might be an exorbitant surcharge for the ATM, and I was wondering if anyone knows what they charge?

Thanks so much.

There has been no replacement for the Goofy Pop Jets, but there is still the same kids wading pool/splash area near the Hippy Dippy Pool for those little ones who want to get wet.

My pool activities info is getting stale, but yes, Pop does have poolside activities during the day. Hopefully you can get some current info/schedule from someone. Generally they do song trivia, pool games, stuff like that.

I don't have any ATM specific information...sorry...

There has been no replacement for the Goofy Pop Jets, but there is still the same kids wading pool/splash area near the Hippy Dippy Pool for those little ones who want to get wet.

My pool activities info is getting stale, but yes, Pop does have poolside activities during the day. Hopefully you can get some current info/schedule from someone. Generally they do song trivia, pool games, stuff like that.

As jcarwash posted, there are ongoing poolside activities/games held at the Hippy Dippy pool. Here is a sampling of activies when we were there in August: Disney Trivia, Goofy Bingo, Name that WDW attraction, Water Balloon Toss, Whats in Your Beach Bag?, Giant Games, Water relays, Bingo, etc.

Hippy Dippy Pool Party at 3pm and Groovy Dance party extravaganza at 7pm One can assume that these times are adjusted seasonally.

PIN TRADING & every day at Everything POP Shopping from 12pm-1pm and from 5:30pm-6:30pm. Great fun for everyone! :goodvibes Also held in Classic Hall Lobby from 5-5:30pm.

VINYLMATION & every day from 11am-7pm at Everything POP Shopping.

DO THE HUSTLE .. Boogie on down to the hustle!! Daily at 6pm, near the front desk area in Classic Hall. :)

I saw the movie schedule, thanks for that. Just wondered, do they have activities and games by the pool during the day, like All Star Music has? If so, does anyone know what they are for this month? I'll be there in ten days!

Maybe a returning POPer can provide the most up to date info .... If not you will be informing US!! :)

Awesome.... Thanks!

You're welcome! :goodvibes

The next movie schedule you post will be for when I am at POP!!!!! :cool1::banana:

:yay: :cool1: :banana:

hello poppers! thanks to storm sandy, we made it back to nj on friday afternoon. we just got power back at our apt last night. my poor neighbors were without power for 6 days!! :scared1: luckily, we only had 2.5 days of no power, and we had no damage (well if you don't count all the food that we threw out ha). we picked up our puppy from the in-laws last night, and power was back on when we returned. score! i'll be back on the dis boards later to catch up on all i missed. once we get settled and pictures are uploaded, look for a trip report from me! :cool1:

Happy that you made it home safely and that your loss was not as bad other others in NJ. :) We lost power for only 24 hours, we are very lucky, and feel for our NJ/NY neighbors.

Looking forward to reading your review! If you decide to do aTR, post the link here so we can follow you on over. :goodvibes

This makes it more real to me, since I could take advantage of this since I'll be at POP the last 2 days of November :cool1::banana::dance3:

Wow..your trip is coming up fast!! :cool1: I remember when you posted after you made your plans. :goodvibes Christmas decorations will be up in full! :santa:

Just wondering if there is anyway to guarantee that we will get a King Sized bed, would booking a preferred room increase our chances? Or is there a King Bed Room option at booking?

We have a King Bed at home, so I can't imagine having to share a Queen for 2weeks!

We are planning our DisneyMoon for April and are still trying to decide between POP and POFQ.

Just wondering if there is anyway to guarantee that we will get a King Sized bed, would booking a preferred room increase our chances? Or is there a King Bed Room option at booking?

We have a King Bed at home, so I can't imagine having to share a Queen for 2weeks!

We are planning our DisneyMoon for April and are still trying to decide between POP and POFQ.

There is no way to guarantee a king. In order to give yourselves the best chance of getting a king, I would make that your only request.

As stated above, there is no guarantee for a King, and there are not many of them, though they are in each building. Also, many Kings are also the handicap accessible rooms, so they go to them in priority.

Also, POP does not have Queen beds, it has doubles. So if you don't get the King you would get a room with 2 doubles.

Thank you all for the replies. The Chase info was very helpful, and so were the bits about the activities and the no pop jet thing.

I totally appreciate it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter