POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Janet B, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KELLY

KELLY DIS Veteran

We have stayed deluxe and moderate and find pop to be our home as well. I don't really care about the room as long as it is clean. This will be our 5th year in a row. I really have no desire to do the RDP it is to complicated for our touring style. We like to wing it. I do like a couple of TS meals but we just pay OP for a couple still works out to be cheaper than tips.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Minnesota!

Minnesota! Shoeless in Minnesota

I wonder if the Mousekeeper was new....oh well, glad it all worked out for you!!

Sorry the food didn't wow you! I use dill in my stroganoff, but have never thought about putting a pickle in it, hmmm. Veddy interesting. Hoping we enjoy it when we go - a good chunk of our meals will be at Pop!

4. dani77

dani77 Mouseketeer

Offtoppic here....but I just wanted to add that the original russian stroganoff recipe inded has finely diced pickles in it :)

5. smidgy

smidgy dimples

from the TSA website:
    Carrying Alcohol in Your Checked Baggage

Please note, you can’t take alcoholic beverages with more than 70% alcohol content (140 proof), including 95% grain alcohol and 150 proof rum, in your checked luggage.

You may take up to five liters of alcohol with alcohol content between 24% and 70% per person as checked luggage if it’s packaged in a sealable bottle or flask.

Alcoholic beverages with less than 24% alcohol content are not subject to hazardous materials regulations.

so "technically" you are allowed to take up to 5 liters
    of alcohol under 140 proof in your checked bag.

this is the law, as stated by the TSA. on their website that travelers use to determine what and what isn't legal to bring on the flight, and whether to put it in carry-on or checked bags.

just wanted everyone to know the truth, for their own convenience.

It is totally legal to bring alcohol over state lines.

6. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

We fully intend to bring a bottle, or 2, to unwind after a long and fun day at the parks. DH and I will enjoy it after the kids pass out. :)

7. Dreamer2012

Dreamer2012 Mouseketeer

I TOTALLY AGREE ABOUT THE YACHTSMAN!' That's our Celebration dinner place so we ALWAYS find something to celebrate!!!!

8. shannon006

shannon006 DIS Veteran

Yes, we love the POP:love: We also are not fancy people. We also love AKL and will be there in January. The POP is Disney fun to us. We have stayed there before without kids and we had a great time! We are really really hoping for a king bed. I will ask when we check in if our room has one, and if not I will see if they have any available. It is DH birthday on check in day, so we are so excited to be there.

I wasn't able to get Ohana, but still keep trying. I currently have the following TS reservations though.

BOG
    Rose & Crown, 7:45, so even if we don't get on the patio, they have a reserved observation area for Illuminations!
    Garden Grill,never eaten here, but we love The Land, and are going to do the behind the seeds tour:thumbsup2
    Sci Fi, dh loves it here
    Tusker House breakfast, a favorite
    Either T Rex(if we can get a reservation) or Rainforest, DH will get his Landry birthday reward.

9. PrincesCJM

PrincesCJM DIS Veteran

Just paid off my reservation! 19 days until we check in for my son's first trip!!

10. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

Congratulations! We paid ours off about a month ago but we still have 119 days until we're at POP :(

11. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Hi Pop Peeps!

Considering 2 connecting rooms for our family of 5 for our Nov. trip. Janet did you say that the 50's facing the lake is a good location? Or 70's facing the lake? I have read that facing the pool can be loud? Thanks for any info!!:goodvibes

12. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

You can't go wrong with either of those room locations.

13. Disneylover99

Disneylover99 DIS Veteran

We paid off our trip today! 50 more days until our vacation and we are first time "Poppers"! :banana:

14. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

We've never been there either. We are sooooo excited to go. October seems so far away.

15. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

Hi Jen!! I agree with jacarwash, both the 50s and the 70s are great locations.:) Pool facing can be noisy at times, so if thats a concern suggest booking standard and request lake view and then a decade if you would like. That's what we do.

With the 2 connecting rooms you all can spread out. Kids have one TV and you and DH the other!

:woohoo: Being PIF is a great feeling! Hope you will like Pop as much as we all do :)

16. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

:yay: so close! Have a magical trip!

Congrats on bring PIF! With the summer here I bet that time will end up flying by. The summer just seems to for us. :)

17. SPOERLX3

SPOERLX3 DIS Veteran

I agree with other posters. Lakeview in 50's, 60's or 70's are all great locations.

18. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

Thank you! I'm sure it will....so far it already has. I am like a kid though trying to contain my excitement. Lol

19. mommykds

mommykds All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip,

We are a party of 5 & booked 2 rooms. Requested lake view 50's. :cool2:

20. bartleyosu

bartleyosu Ohio State Mouse Fan

Just got home from week at Pop. Stayed 60 by Lake 5131. Not too far. Room getting a little worn but had great time. Never been there end of June July 4 th time. Expected more crowds maybe rain helped but hardly waited for anything too long. Discovered something new. mugs bought in parks for 5 dollars are refillable at resorts. Great deal

21. stitchlovestink

stitchlovestink DIS Veteran

So I am ended up at POP for a few days...I am shocked at how Dead it is considering it is Fourth of July week!!!
    I was able to book a room last minute (like as in to check in the next day!!) with a great discount (60% off)!!! The food court has been empty when I've gone there to refill my mug. The one section that makes the nachos wasn't even operational two days (don't know about today?) And when I called and requested to extend my stay by a day it wasn't a problem at all!!! Didn't have to change rooms or anythig!! They even gave me my same great discounted room rate! Waahoo!
    Saw something interesting tonite though. I'm in bldg 1. when we got back to the hotel around midnight, there were two Orange co sheriff cars & 4 officers in front of our bldg with a gentleman. Shortly thereafter, a third showed up. After that they started taking pics of a guy...his face from the front and profile pics. They were here for probably at least an hour and a half. But anyway...it was very interesting to wonder was going on!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.