POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Janet B, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpessa

jpessa Addicted to Disney

Wow your dairy in the US must be so cheap! Here in Canada a 1/2 gallon at the supermarket is $5! Btw I had to Google how many litres a half gallon was ;)

I'll gladly pay $3.19

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. stitchlovestink

stitchlovestink DIS Veteran

Touché! LOL
    But the vending machines...last time I looked basically were candy bars, chips and stuff like that and of course, the soda machines....

4. jpessa

Duplicate

5. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

WOW!!! That's crazy. I'd go broke on buying just milk. We go through 2 gallons a week.

6. joanzie72

joanzie72 Mouseketeer

For those of you that bring your beer, wine, or booze with you, how have you packed it if you are flying?

7. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

A soda machine is all we need for a mixer with the honey...lol :)

8. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

I'm going to but haven't yet. I'm going to put it in my luggage between clothes so its cushioned. And hope it doesn't break. I'm going to see if the bottle will fit in a gallon ziplock bag too just in case. But I'm interested too to see if there's any other ideas.

9. SPOERLX3

SPOERLX3 DIS Veteran

WOW!!! $5 for 1/2 gallon! $3.19 is a bargain for you! :)
    I am in the Dallas, Texas area and our milk runs $2.19 - $2.79 for a gallon!

10. stitchlovestink

stitchlovestink DIS Veteran

That's not bad! There are weeks I go thru 4 almost 5 gallons and there are just 3 of us!! My DH is a HUGE milk drinker! LOL

11. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

Omg...I thought we were bad. you've got me beat...you'd go broke lol

12. star72232

star72232 Mouseketeer

I'm guessing that you are thinking about a gallon. , not a 1/2 gallon. A 4L bag (just over a gallon) in my area (southern Ontario) is right around $4 (up to closer to $5 at Metro, Zehrs, etc). Although - buying a 2L carton is almost the same price, so I guess it's all about how you buy it.

13. Sandi

Sandi <font color=red>A proud Spartans fan!

Bubble Wrap. I haven't flown with alcohol to WDW, but have to other destinations and needed to take a particular Michigan wine (don't laugh -- it's very good!) to a friend. Bubble wrap in a huge ziploc bag was the answer. It was in the middle of my checked bag amongst my clothing. Depending on how many bottles you're taking, watch the weight of your bag. (I just flew from Vancouver and I couldn't believe how many people had bags that weighed more than 50 pounds. Then they were repacking at the counter, holding up the lines. It was ridiculous.)

Now, when we go to WDW, I order from Garden Grocer or stop by Hess. A bit more expensive but worth the convenience!

14. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

Bubble wrap is a great idea....

15. AuroraRora

AuroraRora Princess

I wrap mine in a big fluffy bath towel. Then I have my fave towel from home when I get there, too :goodvibes

16. jpessa

Nope, 1/2 gallon (2 litres). Yes I do get the carton, and you're right the bags are better value but we don't go through enough and would lose it. A 2 litre carton at Loblaws is $4.79 and never goes on sale.

17. WishingMom

WishingMom DIS Veteran

Here in NL I buy 2 2litres for 7.17. :)

18. kiwi2013

kiwi2013 Mouseketeer

I read today various comments about resort door decorating....is it allowed at POP or frowned upon by staff and other guests...I am aware of making sure there is no damage when decorating windows(I' m bringing along suction cups for my window decorations),but I am unsure about doors.....I had been searching sites such as ebay for magnetic mickey ears but they all state that these are for cruise ship stateroom doors only.
    If decorating doors is allowed at POP, does anyone know if the exterior doors are magnetic and where I could find exterior mickey ears to stick to the door.....another idea is a door wreath hanger, but once again I'm not sure if that would fit and allow the door to close properly.

Any help greatly appreciated :yay:

19. HappyGal

HappyGal DIS Veteran

I always decorate our window at Pop ( I use suction cups too) and yes, the door is perfect for magnets.

20. Rapunzel

Rapunzel Mouseketeer

Any idea what would be the easiest way to get from CSR to POP? We have a split stay coming up and I forgot to figure this all out..lol

21. Sandi

Sandi <font color=red>A proud Spartans fan!

It sounds like you don't have a car (which is the simplest way to move); a taxi is second easiest. For that, if you have another adult and kids, you might want to consider having one adult and maybe an older child take the taxi and bags to pop to check in and drop the bags. The other adult and kids can just head to a park. Then everyone can meet up later. Otherwise, WDW makes it pretty easy. You can leave your bags with CSR and ask to have them transferred to Pop. You should do that early in the day. Don't expect your bags to arrive at pop until late (5:00ish). Then, you can take a bus to whatever park you want and transfer to a pop bus to go check in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.