POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pop and AOA do not share buses and both times the drivers were very apologetic. It was funny in a way, not an issue. I felt bad for the drivers because I would hate for someone to complain about that and get the driver in trouble.

We had the bus driver take us to the wrong place twice, also. One time they took us from Pop to the wrong park and the other day we were leaving MK after Wishes and the driver took us to AK. That second time was miserable b/c my two 2-year olds were tired. My daughter screamed bloody murder half of the bus ride. Sorry if you were on the bus w/us. Haha!

We had the bus driver take us to the wrong place twice, also. One time they took us from Pop to the wrong park and the other day we were leaving MK after Wishes and the driver took us to AK. That second time was miserable b/c my two 2-year olds were tired. My daughter screamed bloody murder half of the bus ride. Sorry if you were on the bus w/us. Haha!

I think we have all be there and understand. My girls are now almost 8 and 5 so now I just get the look or the sulk.

KNovacovschi said:
Since you are there now is there any way you could confirm if the breakfast pizza is still on the menu. :) Keep getting different I info from multiple sites. TIA. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Saw this request, so I thought I would ask my chef friend at the food court if it was definitely gone. Chef said unfortunately, it was. Why? Did I want one anyway? I've never even had one. Now I'm wondering if I need to try one to see what I missed!

Hi everyone, joining you here for our upcoming trip in August! :cool1:

Bad news is, I had to give up my "dream" booking in a TPV at CR due to my husband's current unemployment status.

Good news is, we're still taking our vacation and after looking at the different value resorts, decided on POP. And I have to say, I'm really excited because it looks amazing! I had no idea the theming was so much fun. My DS5 is going to freak out!

I booked a standard room and put a request for either 60s or 70s section, based solely on the fact that the decorations/theming there looked like stuff my son would probably enjoy the most. Does anybody have any other recommendations for room requests? I booked standard because I would prefer not to be overlooking the pool (worried about noise when my son is trying to sleep), but beyond that, not sure what other things I should be thinking about as far as location.

Very sad about the breakfast pizza in our house. That was the one thing my DS#1 and I would eat every morning at Pop. That and a side of breakfast potatoes. Not sure what I'll do next time since there is nothing much else that strikes my fancy for breakfast except maybe the bounty platter. Pastry is pastry and is fine, but doesn't hold off hunger for long. Wouldn't make it for a breakfast for us, a snack maybe but not breakfast. Sob..:sad2:

Just booked our first trip to Pop in August! Getting a fourth trip out of our APs which expire in September. :goodvibes

:yay: Four trips is definitely making good use of those APs :thumbsup2

Pop and AOA do not share buses and both times the drivers were very apologetic. It was funny in a way, not an issue. I felt bad for the drivers because I would hate for someone to complain about that and get the driver in trouble.

Figured it was an "oops" moment :goodvibes since to my knowledge there is no bus sharing between the resorts at this time. :)

Hi everyone, joining you here for our upcoming trip in August! :cool1:

Bad news is, I had to give up my "dream" booking in a TPV at CR due to my husband's current unemployment status.

Good news is, we're still taking our vacation and after looking at the different value resorts, decided on POP. And I have to say, I'm really excited because it looks amazing! I had no idea the theming was so much fun. My DS5 is going to freak out!

I booked a standard room and put a request for either 60s or 70s section, based solely on the fact that the decorations/theming there looked like stuff my son would probably enjoy the most. Does anybody have any other recommendations for room requests? I booked standard because I would prefer not to be overlooking the pool (worried about noise when my son is trying to sleep), but beyond that, not sure what other things I should be thinking about as far as location.

Hi :wave2: Welcome to the POP FAQ thread! :hippie: Depends on your needs and preferences in regards to making any requests. You have already requested areas for you DS' enjoyment, and that seems like a good plan. :goodvibes For our trips we book standard, and request lakeview, upper floor. Upper floors are generally considered quieter, but we have been on the 2nd floor with no problems as well. :goodvibes (And we like coming out of our rooms and seeing the lake and AoA across it:)). Both the 60s and 70s are great locations so you can't go wrong with either one. And fyi the 60s area is the closest to the bridge to AoA if you are thinking of exploring that resort.

Note, hope your DH's employement status to "employed" soon. :)

Food review....
CM DD ordered the crab quesadilla. It was nasty!! If you are from MD or are a picky seafood eater, chances are you will not like it! It was so bad we had it replaced with a reuben. She said that wasn't bad.

Other DD ordered the turkey sandwich. It was real turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, lettuce with cranberry mayo. She said the best part of the sandwich was the bread! LOL which was toasted.

My suggestion....if you really don't like something, speak up BUT KINDLY! And they will replace it with something else for you! They really are accommodating!

Hi :wave2: Welcome to the POP FAQ thread! :hippie: Depends on your needs and preferences in regards to making any requests. You have already requested areas for you DS' enjoyment, and that seems like a good plan. :goodvibes For our trips we book standard, and request lakeview, upper floor. Upper floors are generally considered quieter, but we have been on the 2nd floor with no problems as well. :goodvibes (And we like coming out of our rooms and seeing the lake and AoA across it:)). Both the 60s and 70s are great locations so you can't go wrong with either one. And fyi the 60s area is the closest to the bridge to AoA if you are thinking of exploring that resort.

Note, hope your DH's employement status to "employed" soon. :)

Thanks, we hope it changes back soon too. :thumbsup2

I didn't realize there was a bridge to AoA? That's pretty exciting since that resort looks amazing too. How long of a walk is it?

Food review....
CM DD ordered the crab quesadilla. It was nasty!! If you are from MD or are a picky seafood eater, chances are you will not like it! It was so bad we had it replaced with a reuben. She said that wasn't bad.

Other DD ordered the turkey sandwich. It was real turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, lettuce with cranberry mayo. She said the best part of the sandwich was the bread! LOL which was toasted.

My suggestion....if you really don't like something, speak up BUT KINDLY! And they will replace it with something else for you! They really are accommodating!

I can kind of tell what I will like and not like. I loved the Turkey Cabattia but there is now way that sandwich sounds appealing to me. I'm glad my flat bread and chicken pam with salad is still on the menu. I'm sure we will make it work. Dh would eat the make your on burrito every day.:rolleyes1

I also noticed the make your own tacos and salads sound like something I would eat along with the pot roast. So in my case there is plenty to choose from. Last year we were there for 11 days and I did eat the flat bread twice and the turkey sandwich twice.

Thanks, we hope it changes back soon too. :thumbsup2

I didn't realize there was a bridge to AoA? That's pretty exciting since that resort looks amazing too. How long of a walk is it?

Not far at all. The bridge is located at the back of the 60s area.. check out the 2012 Pop Century Map... it's not a long bridge and it brings you into AoA in the Finding Nemo area. If you have time, check out the grounds... Disney did a great job on the theming (as usual). :thumbsup2.

Food review....

Okay, crossing off the crab quesadilla from our list :rolleyes: (then again, I'm a picky seafood eater and probably won't of tried it anyway) :). And its always a good reminder that if you encounters issues at Disney, it's best to speak up immediately (in a courteous manner) to resolve an issue. :thumbsup2

Hope you are having a great time! :cool1:

Janet B said:
Not far at all. The bridge is located at the back of the 60s area.. check out the 2012 Pop Century Map... it's not a long bridge and it brings you into AoA in the Finding Nemo area. If you have time, check out the grounds... Disney did a great job on the theming (as usual). :thumbsup2.

Okay, crossing off the crab quesadilla from our list :rolleyes: (then again, I'm a picky seafood eater and probably won't of tried it anyway) :). And its always a good reminder that if you encounters issues at Disney, it's best to speak up immediately (in a courteous manner) to resolve an issue. :thumbsup2

Hope you are having a great time! :cool1:

Yeah, Michael (I'm guessing he's a mgr out in front in the food court) was quite accommodating. All I did was say my daughter tried to give this a fair try but just couldn't find it to her liking at all. And his response was 'well if you don't like it, you don't like it. What else could we get for you?' I think these poor souls are so tired of getting screamed at over the menu change. They hate it more than we do.

I also noticed the make your own tacos and salads sound like something I would eat along with the pot roast.

When I was there in early May I had the design your own tacos and really enjoyed them. I was going to have them again but they were only there for lunch not dinner. I don't know if the burritos are a lunch only item.

When I was there in early May I had the design your own tacos and really enjoyed them. I was going to have them again but they were only there for lunch not dinner. I don't know if the burritos are a lunch only item.

They were only a lunch item last year. Thanks for the info on the tacos.:)

I am super late, but wanted to give a review of my stay at POP. We were there from 5/15-5/26. It was the first time for us staying on Disney Property & of course, first time staying at POP. I scoured this board prior to my trip & it was so helpful, so hoping to give back :) I had done the online check in & requested the 60's & close to transportation. We got the 70's & although it wasn't terribly far, I was disappointed not getting in to the 60's.

Our A/C worked fine, a little too fine..it would be freezing when we would get back from the parks as the maid would set it to 68! We got up late every morning & just stayed out late every night. EVERY morning the maid would say, "so you just want towels, not full service, right?" And EVERY morning we would say, "no, we want full service."

I was impressed with the food. I thought it was really good & I am a picky eater! We also walked over to AofA one night for dinner & had the make your own pasta...we waited in line for 20 minutes, but it was worth it..so good!

We ate breakfast in the room. We packed bagels & donuts in our suit cases & bought cream cheese & milk from the cafeteria. AofA even sells 2 liters of soda.

We swam in the main pool a few times. It was very nice and I was super impressed with the warm water temperature. Also impressed that the lifeguards worked late (I think they left around 9pm).

The buses were great. The only time I had a problem was when we were going from a park to downtown..the downtown bus seemed to be a bit slow and there was no bus stop on the side where Disney Quest was.

Overall, we had an absolutely amazing time and was impressed with the quality of POP considering the amazing price.

Our annual passes expire in 5 days & if airfare wasn't so darn expensive, I would find a way to make one last trip :)

We stayed at pop from 5/16 to 5/23. We were on the ground floor building 2 by the bowling pin pool. We loved our room and location. everything was clean and well maintained. we loved being so close to the pool. We spent every afternoon at either the bowling pin pool or the hippy dippy pool. The bus service was good. never waited too long. had to stand about half the time but that was ok. took the bus once from AOA when the line was long for pop. We ate a few meals with pop's new menu. the pizza bread was the big winner. Did not like the poppin nachos at all. Someone in our family always got a piece of tye dyed cheesecake every night. We also ate at AOA for dinner one night. liked it a lot but I had gotten the make your own pasta dish with olives. I took a bit and bit hard into a pit. thank goodness I did not crack a tooth. the manager gave me a refund for my meal and had the chef make me a fresh batch of pasta. I was pleased and felt they went above and beyond to help me. The staff at pop was all real friendly and I felt we found our new Disney home. I will defiantly be back for our next trip.

Just an FYI, but Pop and AoA have been sharing buses on occasion. We were just at WDW and Pop Century this time last month and we went over to pick up additional guests at AoA on 2 different mornings.

I can't remember where were headed the first time but I think maybe Epcot. There weren't too many people at the Pop bus stop but when we arrived at AoA, there was a long line waiting. We filled up and headed out.

We did the same thing on 5/16 at about 8:30 am when heading to the MK. Again, many more guests waiting for the buses at AoA. It was the first time in many trips to Pop that I ever remember seeing their bus lines so short.

One night while leaving the MK after closing, the lines for AoA guests was so long that they were actually bringing in the full sized Mears buses to move them out quicker. So I would assume the 2 resorts are only sharing when there are a large amount of guests like we had seen waiting at AoA.

I have heard that others have had similar experiences with periodic bus sharing in the last month or so as well. It really didn't add more than a few minutes to our rides from the resort to the park so really not a big deal.

strmtroopr96 said:
Just an FYI, but Pop and AoA have been sharing buses on occasion. We were just at WDW and Pop Century this time last month and we went over to pick up additional guests at AoA on 2 different mornings.

I can't remember where were headed the first time but I think maybe Epcot. There weren't too many people at the Pop bus stop but when we arrived at AoA, there was a long line waiting. We filled up and headed out.

We did the same thing on 5/16 at about 8:30 am when heading to the MK. Again, many more guests waiting for the buses at AoA. It was the first time in many trips to Pop that I ever remember seeing their bus lines so short.

One night while leaving the MK after closing, the lines for AoA guests was so long that they were actually bringing in the full sized Mears buses to move them out quicker. So I would assume the 2 resorts are only sharing when there are a large amount of guests like we had seen waiting at AoA.

I have heard that others have had similar experiences with periodic bus sharing in the last month or so as well. It really didn't add more than a few minutes to our rides from the resort to the park so really not a big deal.

We didn't have bus sharing but DH and I were confused one night going back to the resort when we saw a tour bus sitting there waiting for guest. It wasn't mears but another company. Never knew disney contracted with other bus services. One thing I liked about those buses was the strollers just went underneath in the luggage area. Nice not to haul them on a bus.

We didn't have bus sharing but DH and I were confused one night going back to the resort when we saw a tour bus sitting there waiting for guest. It wasn't mears but another company. Never knew disney contracted with other bus services. One thing I liked about those buses was the strollers just went underneath in the luggage area. Nice not to haul them on a bus.

One evening coming back to Pop from Epcot we were on a tour bus. Glad they did that to get us back rather then having to wait for another Disney bus. Still had to stand on this bus. But it was ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter