POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Janet B, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

It hasn't been posted yet. The normal sites I can find them don't usually post them until the 2nd or 3rd of the month.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. DianaPrince

DianaPrince Mouseketeer

Same here!

4. Timsierramist

Timsierramist Earning My Ears

If someone is staying at POP this week or right now, can you confirm or post the movie schedule? I won't be there until Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

5. Timsierramist

Timsierramist Earning My Ears

6. Hielostar

Hielostar The Red Comet of Zeon

Not sure if this had been posted already, but here is the movie schedule for May:

Sunday - Wall-E
    Monday - Gnomeo and Juliet
    Tuesday - Oliver and Company
    Wednesday - Enchanted
    Thursday - Cinderella
    Friday - Bolt
    Saturday - The Rescuers Down Under

Just checked in this afternoon - over in Building 1 on the 4th floor - pretty quiet over here! Just wish things weren't so waterlogged - the weather was better back home! :P

7. kad517

kad517 Earning My Ears

Been here 2 days and its been pouring, :( I'm not complaining just a bit sad. But I love POP!!!! Best place to stay ever!!!! Send some pixie dust for the showers to subside a bit, please

8. AuroraRora

AuroraRora Princess

2nd day here too and the rain is definitely crazy! It didn't bother me too much yesterday at MK but I'm at Epcot now and it's a bit rough because it's hard to sample the foods from the Festival booths when they come on little plates and it's pouring! I'm currently sheltering from the rain and hoping they go ahead with Illuminations

9. kad517

kad517 Earning My Ears

We came back to dry off but are hoping to go back for Illuminations. We were able to hit the pool for 15mins in between drops.

10. DianaPrince

DianaPrince Mouseketeer

Thank you! 17 days to go!

11. heathere3

heathere3 Mouseketeer

36 hours and we'll be landing in Orlando. Thunderstorms go away! How have the crowds been for the others there now? Is POP full?

12. kad517

kad517 Earning My Ears

It was quiet the past 2 nights, but today a whole bunch of people/kids checked in today and it seems packed now.

13. AuroraRora

AuroraRora Princess

I got home to Pop from MK tonight around midnight, and it seemed nice and quiet - hopefully that means the kids who checked in earlier aren't the loud rowdy type!

14. stitchlovestink

stitchlovestink DIS Veteran

Yes!! Hopefully that is the case! Either that or they are gone by Monday when I check in! LOL!
    I'd be curious to know the occupancy ratio. DD normally works at SSR but has been deployed to AKL kidani because SSR occupancy is only in the 30% range and OKW is in the 20% range!! They are normally never that low!!?? She didn't know what Kidani's rate was...
    When I was at POP in March (17-22) the rate was only 48%. That is super low for POP!! Will report back if I can find out what it is next week...

15. la_la

la_la Mouseketeer

Glad I'm in good company! YAY for getting an awesome room!

Thanks for the encouragement! I will give them a call. At what point should I do that? I'm 25 days out right now. I usually request the 4th floor, but we use a sleep machine when we sleep so I'm not so worried about the floor placement b/c of noise. Like I said I wish I wouldn't have chosen the ground floor now! I was thinking it would be a few minutes quicker getting in and out of our rooms by not having to use the elevator.

16. kad517

kad517 Earning My Ears

They completely changed the menu at POP today and got rid of the Moms nite out entrees

17. heathere3

heathere3 Mouseketeer

Oh no! What have thy added to replace them?

18. kad517

kad517 Earning My Ears

They now have 2 different specials every night. They have rotisserie chicken tonight and I'm not sure of the other special. They also changed the kids nuggets to be real chicken, those are good

19. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

Awesome!! Thank you Hielostar!! Like dansdad, have been checking for the new movie schedule. :goodvibes

Here's some pixiedust: to make the rain go away!

Hope Illuminations is shown tonight ... as I'm posting I see it getting close to show time. :cool1:

kad517, do like your attitute... get those 15 minutes dips when you can. :thumbsup2

:cheer2: Have a wonderful time!

What?? :sad1:

Thanks for the info. While I'm sad about the mom's dinners going, perhaps the new specials will be just as good. Change is a good thing, right?

:yay: for real nuggets! I'm with you on that.

20. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

:wave2: stitchlovestink!! I've miss ya....and our seasoned POPer is set to pop back again.... oh what a great life!! :goodvibes

21. wildcatfan

wildcatfan Mouseketeer

I would be awfully suprprised if they did not have Illuminations. I have been there in a soaking rain and it was still up going. Of course, I got a great spot for it that night! I am excited to be staying at Pop in June! I think it is one of the best resorts on property.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.