POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Janet B, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

:wave2: JoshP....Sandi mentioned the shadow boxes and memory lane with the Trivia/Fab signs... I also think the pools are kind of neat... for instance, the computer pool also includes the accessories with the restroom/changing area being the "hard drive", plus the giant keyboard, the screen, floppy disks..... check out the song titles of the jukebox at the 50s pools.. ditto for the 8 track titles in the 70s...

if you have kids, the games/activities at the pool are always fun...you can join in doing the hustle in the lobby at 6pm...or play a life size game of twister in the 70s, etc.

So much to see if one walks around the resort... you will have fun! Enjoy! :cool1:

p.s. we like the tie-dye cheesecake... plus we really like the chocolate crossiants ... and the King cupcake too (although suggest you share, it's rich ::)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. sweetcarolinamoma

sweetcarolinamoma Mouseketeer

Sooooo excited! just booked this morning a surprise early celebration trip for myself and DD. she will turn 18 tomorrow. she and i are going to disney in april to celebrate her birthday and high school graduation.

we have never stayed at pop before! cant wait!

she is gonna flip!

4. mjperry

mjperry One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of

The Shadow boxes are really, you will find something you remember. It's like a mini museum inside the resort lobby.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

5. eeyorethegreat

eeyorethegreat DIS Veteran

We are going in April as well to celebrate my son's upcoming graduation!
    :cool1:

6. imobsessedwithdisney

imobsessedwithdisney Mouseketeer

Hi I'm sorry if this has been posted already but does anyone have a suggestion on room request for a standard room. I want to try to get something close to food court and busses. Thanks so much!

7. PhoenixStrength

PhoenixStrength Waiting for my fairytale!

Building 5, lake view is standard and right by Classic Hall. That's where I was in December and it took me maybe 2 minutes top to get from my room to Classic Hall for everything.

8. Sandi

Sandi A proud Spartans fan.

Very cool. So glad to see both our men's and women's BB teams get good seeds in the tourneys.

I will be interested to hear how you like the cheesecake.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

9. Sandi

They make a great milkshake with cookies and cream ice cream at Pop, too. It is almost as good as the MSU dairy store's. Josh will understand!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

10. JoshP

JoshP Earning My Ears

Can't wait to try all of this. Love cookies and cream (But at the Dairy Store... Sesquicentennial Swirl all the way!).
    Thanks!

11. imobsessedwithdisney

imobsessedwithdisney Mouseketeer

Thanks!

12. tarheelblue8853

tarheelblue8853 Earning My Ears

Hey thanks! I was wondering the same thing. Also really enjoy your trip report from that trip!

13. ricosuave

ricosuave Mouseketeer

Pop question- I paid for a preferred room and want to closest to transportation. ( I have a 4 & 6 yr old). I'm a light sleeper so I don't want pool view. Can someone help with a good building/ room request?? Thank you in advance!!

14. AuroraRora

AuroraRora Princess

Oh my god

I LOVE cookies and cream milkshakes :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I should just stop eating now, so I can make room for the insane amount of calories I'm going to be consuming come May pixiedust:

15. bookbunny

bookbunny Mouseketeer

Building 10. I have book preferred rooms and the last two times we have gone, they have given us Building 10. It is both near the food court and the transportation. Plus the Hippy Dippy Pool is close but not too close where it will be disturbing.:goodvibes

16. Jacoby 46

Jacoby 46 Run Disney in November!

My family will be at Pop for the first time in 17 days!! We are all soooo excited! We haven't been to Disney in 4 years, so we hope to see everything we want in those 8 days!!!! Can't wait!! :)

17. Sandi

Eight days is a good length of time to enjoy WDW. I always say, however, that it's okay to miss stuff because you'll be back. Have a great time at Pop and the rest of the World!

18. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

:woohoo: Belated Happy Birthday to your DD ... first day of Spring too! :flower3: Hope you enjoy POP and Disney as you celebrate 2 milestones on your mother/daughtet trip. :flower3:

:cool1: More celebrations! Have fun!

As PhoenixStrength posted, bldg 5 is a great location...we are partial to the 60s and have stayed in both bdgs and always are happy with our rooms...this area is so close to everything.:goodvibes (and to the bridge to AoA).

Ditto on what Sandi posted!! :goodvibes

Enjoy POP and your trip overall....and don't forget to look thru your welcome packet... lots of good stuff (including bounceback info...you know, for booking a return trip :upsidedow) ... 4 years is a long time between visits. :goodvibes

19. Sandi

Hey Janet, I think you and I believe that 4 months is too long between trips! Four weeks might be pushing it. :lmao:

20. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

:laughing: And monthly trips to the World?? :cool1: completely doable, right? ::yes:: We just need to leave our jobs...oh, problem then no $$ to take to Disney...always a catch somewhere... :rolleyes:

Guess for now I have to be content to look at your F&G pix..was thinking about a spring trip and then you gave me a sneak peek with your pix and I was like, so want to do this spring!!...well there is always August!! :cheer2: So you need to tweak your dates a bit so we can meet up......I don't ask for much do I? :rotfl2:

21. stitchlovestink

stitchlovestink DIS Veteran

I'm at POP right now and was talking to a couple of my friends here in mgt and occupancy is really low right now...not even 50%!! The food court has been dead, truly! Even at the busiest times of the day, there aren't many people there! AoA is swamped! Our bus was dispatched once in the afternoon to go over there to help alleviate the overcrowding at their bus stop. It's actually been quite nice! And even with next week being Easter, they aren't at 100% like normal...right now they are only in the 80% range. Great news for those staying here next week, at least as of now... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.