POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
AuroraRora said:
Is it a pretty easy walk from Pop to AoA?

Yes! It is a very easy walk from POP to AoA! When at POP just head toward the Hippy Dippy pool and walk away from Classic Hall past the pool between the two bldgs in the 60's (bldgs 4 & 5) and you'll see Generation Gap Bridge straight ahead. Just cross over GG bridge to AoA, simple as that! On the other side, you will come out in the Nemo area. Cars would be up to the left, Lion King to the right, and Little Mermaind to the far right after crossing thru Lion King. My suggestion is though, if you decide to do it...don't rush across GG bridge. There are some awesome turtles that hang around in the water there that you can see swimming. We saw either 6 or 7. They swim right next to the bridge. HTH!

Is it a pretty easy walk from Pop to AoA?

Very easy!

I just got back from my week at POP.
I made the walk over, and it was a short trip over to AOA.
I walked over to their food court to get a Mickey Ganache...they don't sell those at POP. :)

If u exit the POP main buidling in the back by the pool, walk straight past the main POP pool and keep going straight, you come to the bridge, a short walk across the bridge and continue to walk straight up into AOA past THEIR main pool and into the AOA main building.

Awesome thanks!! I can't wait to wander over and check everything out. I heard AoA has a make-your-own-pasta thing that interests the food-lover in me :)

I hear the food court at AOA is really good, I'm sure I will be sneaking of to try it out.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I hear the AOA food court is really good, I plan on going over the Bridge to check it out.

Sorry for double post, but I sent the first and it said that it failed.

I hear the food court at AOA is really good, I'm sure I will be sneaking of to try it out.

I know people say that. But I prefer pop's food court. You do need to try it once or twice. We are going for 14 nights this trip. So I'm sure we will end up going over there one night. For me I just found there selection lacking for my taste.

Our family is staying at pop exactly two weeks from now! We are disney (and pop) first timers! We are mid 30's and our children are all boys (10, 7, 24 months). The baby will have turned two one day before! I am excited, but I am very nervous about it being spring break. Anyone else going to be there?!

Janet B said:
:laughing; well that didn't come off too great now did it? :) it was my understanding that the splash and play area is separate from the gated pool area .is this not true ... .am I losing it? :

Yes the nemo splash area is gated. Its behind the nemo pool so you have to go through the gates to get to it. :)

taraaplin said:
Our family is staying at pop exactly two weeks from now! We are disney (and pop) first timers! We are mid 30's and our children are all boys (10, 7, 24 months). The baby will have turned two one day before! I am excited, but I am very nervous about it being spring break. Anyone else going to be there?!

You are going to love the Pop, try the tie-die cheesecake.

POP newbie here! I'm planning for a trip in either late September or early December (Sept. if they release free dining!)

I have a question I'm sure one of you seasoned pros will be able to answer for me. I've been studying the maps provided, but I'm still having trouble deciding on a building/area to request.

What I want:
king bed
non-preferred room (aka the lowest rate possible)
50's area (willing to stay elsewhere, I just love the 50's!)
and most importantly quiet and as close to classic hall/busses as a standard room allows.

We would like a nice short walk to the busses. I would rather not pay for preferred, so if there's a king room that is only a few minutes more of a walk, that is fine...we'll be doing a ton of walking anyway, what's another extra few minutes! :laughing:

Also, is it likely if we request a king room early enough that we will get one? I won't be angry if we don't get one, but I'm just wondering if a king room request is typically met at POP.

Thank you in advance for your help! I can't wait to stay at POP!

POP newbie here! I'm planning for a trip in either late September or early December (Sept. if they release free dining!)

I have a question I'm sure one of you seasoned pros will be able to answer for me. I've been studying the maps provided, but I'm still having trouble deciding on a building/area to request.

What I want:
king bed
non-preferred room (aka the lowest rate possible)
50's area (willing to stay elsewhere, I just love the 50's!)
and most importantly quiet and as close to classic hall/busses as a standard room allows.

We would like a nice short walk to the busses. I would rather not pay for preferred, so if there's a king room that is only a few minutes more of a walk, that is fine...we'll be doing a ton of walking anyway, what's another extra few minutes! :laughing:

Also, is it likely if we request a king room early enough that we will get one? I won't be angry if we don't get one, but I'm just wondering if a king room request is typically met at POP.

Thank you in advance for your help! I can't wait to stay at POP!

When I was on the phone to Reservations the other day, I asked if it would be possible to request a good building without it going into the paid categories, and the CM told me that it was possible to request a room in a preferred building without paying for Preferred, it just meant that you weren't guaranteed it as you would be if you'd paid. So she put down my request, here's hoping it works out! I believe the King beds are in somewhat short supply, so if I were you, I'd request it as early as possible :thumbsup2

AuroraRora said:
When I was on the phone to Reservations the other day, I asked if it would be possible to request a good building without it going into the paid categories, and the CM told me that it was possible to request a room in a preferred building without paying for Preferred, it just meant that you weren't guaranteed it as you would be if you'd paid. So she put down my request, here's hoping it works out! I believe the King beds are in somewhat short supply, so if I were you, I'd request it as early as possible :thumbsup2

Well, I'm going out on a limb here but honestly I don't think it really matters when you make your request for a king room as long as it's done at least 10 days prior to check in. Because that is when rooms are assigned. So whether you ask for a king room 200 days or 20 days prior to arrival, they aren't going to assign you a room until somewhere between 3 and 10 days prior to arrival.
I think what is most important is the order in which you put your requests. If a king room is MOST important, then list it first! And keep in mind the more requests you give them, the more limiting it will make the choices of places they can put you. So they may find it near impossible to meet all of your requests, give up and just put you where there is an opening. That's probably why they only allow 2 requests if you do online checkin?? Just some thoughts for you to consider... :)

Thanks for your input, Janet B! Just reading what your wrote makes me feel excited at the idea of going.:wizard: I think my fear is that I don't want to pay a pretty expensive fee (for us both) to get there, park tickets, food, etc., only to regret doing it and saying to ourselves, "Ugh, we could have had another day at Disney!". :headache:

Yup, we will be at Disney from 9/8 to 9/16. With ADR's scheduled, and EMH, and all, I've planned to fit in a day at Universal on Tuesday, 9/10. I figured that crowds should be low because, (a) it's September and (b) it's a weekday. Given that, if we do go, would you still recommend purchasing Universal's version of "fast pass"? Also, would you recommend their "park hopper", or could we spend the day at IoA and be satisfied?

Mears RT $38 for us both sounds nicely affordable! Better than I anticipated. Are they reliable? How early in advance should you schedule their transportation? Could we rent a car with the front desk at Disney, for cheaper than $38 for the day?

Sorry-- this is a rookie question....what is CityWalk? ;)

We just used Mears to go to Universal. Very easy and a good experience. They were right on time and picked us up at Pop in a small van. Stopped first at SeaWorld and were at IOA way before it opened (our preference).

Pick up was just as easy but they only pick up on the :15 of the hour. We were picked up at 5:15 and it was a deluxe coach bus heading to all the Disney hotels. They couldn't drop us at DTD so we hopped off at the first hotel drop and picked up Disney transportation to DTD. Easy peasy.

We did not need the express pass. It was freezing when we were there. Lines were short. We had a lot of fun and my boys loved the thrill rides. We only did IOA. Next time I'd do a day at both parks, I think!

First time staying on property and have a couple of questions! We have breakfast reservations at ohana @ 945am. Is their a bus we can ride there? How early should we leave to be on time? Also how do we get to DTD?
Thanks!

First time staying on property and have a couple of questions! We have breakfast reservations at ohana @ 945am. Is their a bus we can ride there? How early should we leave to be on time? Also how do we get to DTD?
Thanks!

To go to Ohana that is located at polynesian resort from Pop take a bus to the magic kingdom and then transfer to the monorail (resort loop) to the poly Ohana to the right from the monorail platform entrance. To go to Downtown Disney you can take a Bus from Pop with direct service to Downtown Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter