• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone confirm if any of the pools have 24 access? I assume the Hippity Dippity pool is not 24 hours but what about the others?

Can anyone confirm if any of the pools have 24 access? I assume the Hippity Dippity pool is not 24 hours but what about the others?

No, none of the three Pop Century pools -- Hippy Dippy, Bowling, or Computer -- are open 24 hours. All of them will have specific posted operating hours.

Is there a "pay it forward" thread for Pop - a thread to arrange giving something to another family/person that you'd otherwise trash/not take back home with you? I'm asking because we'll have an electric water kettle (for coffee making in the morning) that we may not end up packing and taking home with us (depending on if we have room or not). Thanks!

At the 46 day mark!

If anyone who will be there before then has the opportunity, could you possibly report back on the flavors of hot tea available in the food court?

Aaugh, sorry, wrong resort thread!

But, while I'm here, on a related note - when I go explore POP next year, what's something I should grab at the food court for lunch if I'm there at mealtime?

Aaugh, sorry, wrong resort thread!

But, while I'm here, on a related note - when I go explore POP next year, what's something I should grab at the food court for lunch if I'm there at mealtime?

I don't know if menus will change by then, but right now they have delicious burgers like the Italian burger, the southwestern and the picnic burger. The frankfurter in a pretzel roll is also excellent!

But my personal favourite is the turkey sandwich......oven roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, cornbread stuffing, and cranberry mayo. Yum!!!! The only problem is they serve it cold. :confused3 So I warm it up in the microwave for a minute or two and eat it with a knife and fork.

Sooooo good! :thumbsup2

Just over a week to go!:hyper:

At the 46 day mark!

If anyone who will be there before then has the opportunity, could you possibly report back on the flavors of hot tea available in the food court?
I really don't remember about the tea, but that might be something you could pack (it's light and takes up little space) and bring with you, then use the hot water there. If I remember, I'll check and post back when I'm there.

I don't know if menus will change by then, but right now they have delicious burgers like the Italian burger, the southwestern and the picnic burger. The frankfurter in a pretzel roll is also excellent!

But my personal favourite is the turkey sandwich......oven roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, cornbread stuffing, and cranberry mayo. Yum!!!! The only problem is they serve it cold. :confused3 So I warm it up in the microwave for a minute or two and eat it with a knife and fork.

Sooooo good! :thumbsup2

Many people seem to love the turkey sandwich but the idea of cold mashed potatoes and stuffing just didn't do it for me. Warming it in the microwave is a great idea, thanks for sharing!

Apologies if this has already been covered... We are visiting family in Gainesville prior to our Pop stay next month, so we will be renting a car. We are traveling with our 19 month DS, so will have a bunch of luggage, stroller, cases of water, and groceries that we will need to unload. Since there isn't valet, are we able to drop off the majority of our stuff with Bell Service to take to our room while the hubby parks the car? At our last Pop stay, we arrived in the middle of a huge storm, and were soaked by the time we got to our room. This was pre-baby so we managed, but will have a lot more stuff this time around.

At the 46 day mark!

They only had one, English Breakfast, I believe. Dd is the tea drinker and I know she commented about only having one choice and it wasn't green tea (get choice).

She was upset when she saw the Deluxe resorts had multiple choices.

Does anyone know when they will put up the Christmas decorations? I'm checking in 11/21-22/29 Thanksgiving week.

Christmas decorations should be up by then. I think they start going up after Veterans day.
Thanks! I've been the week after Thanksgiving and they were up but I've never been the week of Thanksgiving. This will be my moms first time then and I was hoping all the Christmas décor would be up.

Here at Pop now for our first stay at it. Very impressed, we weren't sure about it since our last stay was at Swan. However both my fiance and I agree we would rather rebook here again!

Also on a side note we used the touringplans fax request and got the exact room we wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter