Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
No additional charge for a King bed at Pop. However, there are very few King rooms (and many of those are handicap accessible rooms) so while you can request that, it's just that -- a request -- there is no guarantee you will get one.

Thank you so much, you rock! We got a king room and I am so grateful for it. We were one of 3 couples in line I think that lucked out. It's wonderful but even more so because I was not expecting it to happen without a fee. :)

14 days until Pop!
I want to say thank you for all the great information I've learned on this thread. It helped so much when I did my requests!

Does anyone know if it's possible to connect a computer to the TV at Pop? My DH usually travels with his laptop and on longer vacations we like to bring a few DVD's to watch. At many hotels we can attach the laptop to the TV using an HDMI cable. Does the TV at Pop have an HDMI port?

Does anyone know if it's possible to connect a computer to the TV at Pop? My DH usually travels with his laptop and on longer vacations we like to bring a few DVD's to watch. At many hotels we can attach the laptop to the TV using an HDMI cable. Does the TV at Pop have an HDMI port?

We are here at Pop now and DH says yes it does.

This amazing room in the the very back corner of building 6, facing the lake and the bridge. Usually a few others are around to watch, but not a problem. Amazing view og frozen fireworks and you can see the tops of fantasmic, and the high fireworeworks from illuminations! :Pinkbounc

Just booked for February, first time staying at Pop. We'll have a car so buses aren't a major issue, but I'm wondering about getting to Downtown Disney from there ... should I deal with parking at DD, or is it easier to deal with buses? (And is there even a bus that goes directly to DD?)

Take the bus to DTD!!!!! Parking is still a nightmare and the parking garage is a HORRIFIC HIKE to the shopping area where WoD and such is!!

We are doing the same, requested on our ressie, online check in and TP fax.
Hope you get the perfect room! :goodvibes Can't wait to hear! Have a great trip!

I just saw your post! Looks like you did good! Make sure your report back to len that it was a success! Ours may be a little more difficult since we are asking for connecting/adjoining rooms. We shall see when November gets here!
If you have phoned in your request and done online checkin as well....do the room assignors a favor and Don't fax your request as well....it just makes extra work for them to match it up and doesn't increase your chances any more. Faxes are the LAST thing they look at and they often get looked at late in the game if they get to them at all. I specifically asked my friend about this in july.

Has anyone stayed in the 70s section building 10? I've just got my room info and am curious about opinions. I checked touring plans already but my room was not a tp pick so I am a bit worried.
Also do they charge extra for king rooms if you request them? Thanks for any advice.
I was in bldg 10 for a week this past May and a week this past July. I normally like the 50's and 60's but my friend had to move me. You know what? I LOVED IT!!!! It's my new favorite location! :)

If you have phoned in your request and done online checkin as well....do the room assignors a favor and Don't fax your request as well....it just makes extra work for them to match it up and doesn't increase your chances any more. Faxes are the LAST thing they look at and they often get looked at late in the game if they get to them at all. I specifically asked my friend about this in july.
:thumbsup2

I plan on just giving it to someone when we leave.

Is there a thread on paying it forward still? I know there was one for fridges years ago!

May I ask what the dates are of your trip? If it works out I'd be happy to take it off your hands ;) and then leave it for someone arriving after me. :)

Planning our first trip to Pop in December! :flower1: I've always heard such good things about this resort, but haven't had a chance to try it out before. Just myself and my youngest on this trip, and we're very excited - need to get a ticker started :goodvibes

For those who have stayed at Pop recently, are their TV's up yet listing the times that the next buses are anticipated to arrive? I know they're working on adding these to all the resorts eventually, just curious to see if they're at Pop yet as Pop often seems to be one of their 'trial' resorts when trying out new things. Looking forward to this and even more when they add it to MDE!

For those who have stayed at Pop recently, are their TV's up yet listing the times that the next buses are anticipated to arrive? I know they're working on adding these to all the resorts eventually, just curious to see if they're at Pop yet as Pop often seems to be one of their 'trial' resorts when trying out new things. Looking forward to this and even more when they add it to MDE!
No, they're not. But the buses have been as plentiful as ever! :thumbsup2 Or maybe I'm just really lucky. Every time I walk out to the buses, my bus magically pulls up. :)

Thanks for your quick reply @Disneylover99 ! I know things change daily at Disney so anything new while we're there we'll be quick to report. 2 years ago they changed the refillable mugs while we were there to the new colours and the RFID chips for refills. Last year it was the flooring being updated from carpet to vinyl in the food court. I love to watch for the changes.

Just read that next year the luggage tags are going to reflect the colour of MB requested. That will be fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter