Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much to everyone who replied to my questions! Will look through some trip reports from Pop and AoA (for food court reviews.) Happy (and hopefully frequent) travels to all of you.

I ate at both AoA and Pop in my TR. The one in my signature called "Dorothy and Blanche: A tale of leftover shoes and lost things!" I'm not much of a foodie though, but I really love Disney pizza and chicken nuggets! LOL. You can at least see many pictures of the menus and my food. :)

I need to ship something to Pop TODAY for a family member who is down there. It's not a full on emergency but it's pretty important. I need to use the address on the first post and include the reservation number. Anything else?!?!

Connecting/Adjoining rooms?
I've booked 2 rooms at Pop (5/16-5/23) and at the time of booking I told CM having them connecting was my only request. That I take wherever they put us as long as its together. As I've now hit my 30 day mark I'm wondering what my chances our. Last year (same time frame) we had 6 in our party just like this time and stayed at AoA, I'm sorta wondering if I should have booked there again since we all really all wanting to be together.. What do you think my chances are???

Just like @Astylla posted it all comes down to occupancy and how many others requested the same thing. I also agree that making connecting rooms your only request gives you the best odds.

Thanks so much to everyone who replied to my questions! Will look through some trip reports from Pop and AoA (for food court reviews.) Happy (and hopefully frequent) travels to all of you.

AoA's food court was great, with some unique choices. I enjoyed the create-your-own pasta and the salmon club for dinner was fantastic, rivaling the tuna sandwich at Columbia Harbour House for my favourite sandwich at Disney! The create-your-own burger was dissappointing- very overcooked, dry and chewy.

I didn't like Pop's food court as much. The chicken nuggets tasted oily and the pasta salad wasn't very nice. The pineapple upside down cake was really good though and made a great breakfast the next morning!! Later I had a turkey sandwich which contained a absolute ton of turkey, a big scoop of (cold) mashed potatoes (The CM serving me asked if this was okay with me!), cranberry sauce and stuffing between two thick slices of bread. It was just okay really and I felt sick from eating all that bread. I noticed service was very slow.

I would choose Landscape of Flavours over Everything POP overall.

If we go there, I'll bring our hot pot as well! I do wish they had coffee makers. My habit is having a cup of coffee before I get showered and dressed in the morning (at resorts with a balcony, it's out there in my robe, so at the value it'll be in bed or at the table - trying to not wake the other(s))!

I also use it to make safe foods for my son when he's along - or used to when he was younger. He's allergic to a couple of things (dairy and eggs) so he used to make things like noodles in it (I'd pack along some disposable utensils, plates and bowls, as well as a sponge for cleaning out the hot pot).

I chose the new check in where your room gers texted to you and you don't have to stop at front desk.

How has this been working?

AoA's food court was great, with some unique choices. I enjoyed the create-your-own pasta and the salmon club for dinner was fantastic, rivaling the tuna sandwich at Columbia Harbour House for my favourite sandwich at Disney! The create-your-own burger was dissappointing- very overcooked, dry and chewy.

I didn't like Pop's food court as much. The chicken nuggets tasted oily and the pasta salad wasn't very nice. The pineapple upside down cake was really good though and made a great breakfast the next morning!! Later I had a turkey sandwich which contained a absolute ton of turkey, a big scoop of (cold) mashed potatoes (The CM serving me asked if this was okay with me!), cranberry sauce and stuffing between two thick slices of bread. It was just okay really and I felt sick from eating all that bread. I noticed service was very slow.

I would choose Landscape of Flavours over Everything POP overall.

Yeah, I generally don't like baked goods (sour fruity candies and dole whips are my vice,) and I eat a relatively healthy diet, where 50% of my meals are vegetarian if not vegan(I'm not opposed to meat, I just avoid it for health and sustainability's sake) so Landscape seems like the place to go.

Also I heard from others that if I want to eat at AoA it won't be too much of a walk after what are sure to be long days on my feet to get there.

Yeah, I generally don't like baked goods (sour fruity candies and dole whips are my vice,) and I eat a relatively healthy diet, where 50% of my meals are vegetarian if not vegan(I'm not opposed to meat, I just avoid it for health and sustainability's sake) so Landscape seems like the place to go.

Also I heard from others that if I want to eat at AoA it won't be too much of a walk after what are sure to be long days on my feet to get there.
Yeah it is not a bad walk at all over to AoA. One evening we rode their bus to AoA, ate dinner then walked back to Pop and our room. It was so pretty of a walk back at night, all the lights and scenery.

Yup the walk between Pop and AOA isn't too bad!

A couple of times I had just missed the bus back to Pop, so I took the bus back to AOA instead and walked back to Pop. (When I told the CM at the bus station that I was debating between taking the bus back to AOA or waiting for the next bus to Pop, he said that the bus back to Pop had just left and said that well, the bridge between AOA and Pop "is a nice bridge"!)

Yeah it is not a bad walk at all over to AoA. One evening we rode their bus to AoA, ate dinner then walked back to Pop and our room. It was so pretty of a walk back at night, all the lights and scenery.

I agree, it's a beautiful walk back to AoA from Pop (and vice versa)...especially at night. We made that walk a few times on our last trip. I would stop at Petals to get an adult beverage to keep myself hydrated on that walk. :)

Last edited:
Yup the walk between Pop and AOA isn't too bad!

A couple of times I had just missed the bus back to Pop, so I took the bus back to AOA instead and walked back to Pop. (When I told the CM at the bus station that I was debating between taking the bus back to AOA or waiting for the next bus to Pop, he said that the bus back to Pop had just left and said that well, the bridge between AOA and Pop "is a nice bridge"!)

Kinda funny. We were opposite, staying at AoA and one day the Pop bus pulled up and there was NO ONE in line. So my little family got on the Pop bus and figured we'd walk back! No joke, we were the only people on the bus and then it broke down, hahahha. We sat on the side of the road for 40 minutes until a new bus came. That's what we got for taking the wrong bus! We couldn't stop laughing. What bad luck!

can anyone tell me if POP has rooms with king beds that have connecting doors to rooms that have two double beds

Thanks for the AoA food court advice, particularly the tip about taking a bus there to eat dinner. I'd read advice about the busses (taking one or the other instead of waiting on your specific one,) so I was already thinking about it.

Second question, and maybe I missed it but has anyone shipped anything to Pop recently? I found an old post about shipping to Pop (from 2010,) that recommended using Fedex or UPS instead of USPS, I was wondering if that was still good advice or things had changed? I looked it up several times and hadn't found anything current. Thanks in advanced for any advice :figment:

We shipped a box of stuff down in 2013, and used ups. I've read that you should not use usps as it goes to a central mail area instead of directly to the resort. So getting it might be harder. We had no problems with UPS and it was there when we asked at the desk. I do not know if anything has changed with usps, but I will be using UPS this year too so as not to risk it.

Connecting/Adjoining rooms?
I've booked 2 rooms at Pop (5/16-5/23) and at the time of booking I told CM having them connecting was my only request. That I take wherever they put us as long as its together. As I've now hit my 30 day mark I'm wondering what my chances our. Last year (same time frame) we had 6 in our party just like this time and stayed at AoA, I'm sorta wondering if I should have booked there again since we all really all wanting to be together.. What do you think my chances are???
Pretty decent but the resort is pretty much at capacity during your visit. I am there the same time as you and almost wasn't able to get a room at all!!! I would make it your ONLY REQUEST. And you only want CONNECTING ROOMS...adjoining means next to each other but they won't have the interior connecting door. And sometimes the room assignors consider rooms 1 or 2 away adjoining. ;) Only request CONNECTING. :)
No matter what resort you stay at, your chances of getting your request if pretty much the same. Don't worry about it.
Not necessarily...if they had a suite at AoA, then they had 2 connecting rooms that slept a total of 6 and we clearly guaranteed to all be together. A very different arrangement than 2 side by side connecting rooms. :)
can anyone tell me if POP has rooms with king beds that have connecting doors to rooms that have two double beds
Yes, it does but there is not an overabundance of these. So remember it is only a request. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter