Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the first page of this thread, it states the pools are shallow on the edges and get deeper, up to 4'9" in the center. The main pool looks like it has a ledge around the whole edge that is shallower? Is that true? And the bowling pin pool looks like it has a shallow end? How deep are those areas?

My DH and I went Jan. 21st to Jan. 31st. It was our 5th trip in 6 years. My husband never went until we got married but he was a quick convert :) This was our first stay at Pop and to be honest I was nervous. We've stayed at AKL and POR/FQ the other times and loved each of them. But we wanted to save money and we aren't in our room a lot. What a great stay we had! From check in when we got a K0'sing room, to our location, building 5 in the 60's (5353), everything was great! Mousekeeping did a great job, even bringing an extra blanket when the nights just got too cold. Parks were fine too. A bit more crowded than the past January's but we managed. We ate a two new places for to us, Beaches and Cream and Sci-Fi Drive In. Both were great! It was also the first time we didn't have the dining plan, we bought gift cards instead, and it worked great too. We got the room only discount.

Overall we loved the resort and can't wait to go back. We've already got a tentative trip planned for December and another next spring with our extended family.

We have a party of 7 going in April so, we technically have 2 reservations. My wife and I and 2 of our kids on one, the grandparents and our third kid on the other. Both reservations are linked in my MDE since my parents don't have or want MDE accounts. Will all of our MB open both rooms or just the ones listed under each room?

Each MB will only be able to open the door to the room it is registered to. To get around this most people ask for a couple KTTW cards that will open the door only for the people not staying in that room.

Along the same line, we also have the QS DP, will the entire groups credits be lumped together or again broken down based on the reservation?

The credits are broken down per room/reservation.

We requested connecting rooms, does using online check-in increase, decrease or not effect the chances of getting connecting rooms?

It makes no difference whether your requests will be met or not.

Thanks for the answers. I didn't know you could still request a KTTW card if you had a MB, will have to remember to do that.

Can't decide if I want to do online check in our not. This will be our first time staying onsite and I'm sure I'll have questions so it'll probably be better to just wait and check in at the resort. I really hope we get our connecting rooms request but I know it may not happen.

Last edited:
I had the same situation. I scheduled everyone's fast passes and such but when we checked in they needed to have a different adult listed for each room so I was on one and we put my brother on the other. We had connecting rooms and left the door between open so it was ok that the bands only worked on the room the person was assigned to. The dining credits were a mess because it was done per room. We just had to have 1 in charge person and take one of the other room people up with me to order QS. TS was used to it and it was fine. I suggest both rooms all adults using the same pin and get different color magic bands so if one person does a snack run they can charge some to each band. The staff never got upset with that again I think they are used to this system sometimes being unwieldy. I did get printouts a few times to keep close tabs on credits because my brother wasn't savvy sometimes he paid when he should have used a credit and vice versa---which was no big deal I just didn't want to leave unused credits.

On the first page of this thread, it states the pools are shallow on the edges and get deeper, up to 4'9" in the center. The main pool looks like it has a ledge around the whole edge that is shallower? Is that true? And the bowling pin pool looks like it has a shallow end? How deep are those areas?

Right, the edges of the Hippy Dippy Pool are more shallow than the center, and the Bowling pool is shallow at one and and deeper on the other end. The shallow edges or ends are about 3 feet.

We've never done rope drop and are planning to do it on at least one of our MK days.

What time in the morning should plan to be at the bus stop outside POP to make rope drop? We don't have to be first in line but, I don't want to be last either.

We've never done rope drop and are planning to do it on at least one of our MK days.

What time in the morning should plan to be at the bus stop outside POP to make rope drop? We don't have to be first in line but, I don't want to be last either.

When we stay at Pop or AoA, we plan to be at the bus stop about an hour before opening time at MK if we're doing rope drop. It's about a 20 minute ride once you're on the bus but you need to factor in waiting for the bus and time to get through the bag check and entrance gates. If I want to be at the very front of the mad rush, we make sure we're at the bus stop an hour and 15 minutes before opening time.

My sister-in-law is on my reservation because she wanted to be on my Deluxe Dining Plan not the Regular Dining Plan that her husband and granddaughter were going to be on. I asked the question when I was there in December how she could be able to open the door to her husband's room since the magic band will be associated with my room. They told me that when we get there just have everyone up at the desk and they would issue her a "Day pass" for the entire stay - that way she could get into her husband's room but the magic band would still be good for dining plan. I don't know what a Day pass looks like or what it is but that is what we are doing in May. The day pass may be the old KTTW cards that will just open the door, but I am not sure.

They used to have a deep end and shallow end however ever since a little boy drowned last year the pools have been the same depth, at least the bowling pin is. I was shocked in September about this, I was expecting the one end to be deep like usual and it wasn't, I was able to touch the ground and have my shoulders above the water throughout the whole pool. Again not sure about the computer pool or flower pool though as we only went in the bowling pin.

I love the idea of meeting someone outside and getting your info, or getting your room # texted and going straight to your room with everything linked to the bands, but I still love actually checking in at the counter. For me, that's when I realize I am on holiday at WDW!!! Actually, I really feel I'm on holiday when I clock out on my last day of work!!:smooth:

I am about to book for oct 30-nov 8. I would like to know how people feel about the walking to the food/ bus from a standard vs. Preferred room? I'd love to save the money but I have health issues and need to keep the walking to a minimum. I wil have a scooter part of the week but would prefer to walk around the resort when I can.

I did see some room request recommendations on touring plans but I want this reservation to be the one we want the most, in case they are not available when they go on sale, if they do

For my honeymoon we had a preferred room and felt no burden to walk to the food court to refill our mugs, or walk to the bus stop. Although, I dont think the resort is huge, we stayed in the 80's section for our last trip and definitely started weighing the "do we really need to make the trip?" to the food court because it did seem like a haul just to fill a mug or grab a snack. I could definitely see it being an issue for someone with mobility issues.

We were in the little mermaid rooms and we made it but by the second day I was dragging pretty badly, and when I didn't have scooter, the walk from the bus after a park day was looooong. I know the resorts are very similar I wonder if it is as far. On the other hand I just sat on the benches and took my time, luckily this trip is 8 park days so I won't feel too rushed

Oh I booked preferred for now, will decide by the time a discount is hopefully offered and switch.with the discount it should be pretty cheap though considering.

I am about to book for oct 30-nov 8. I would like to know how people feel about the walking to the food/ bus from a standard vs. Preferred room? I'd love to save the money but I have health issues and need to keep the walking to a minimum. I wil have a scooter part of the week but would prefer to walk around the resort when I can.

I did see some room request recommendations on touring plans but I want this reservation to be the one we want the most, in case they are not available when they go on sale, if they do

Oh I booked preferred for now, will decide by the time a discount is hopefully offered and switch.with the discount it should be pretty cheap though considering.

I think you made the right choice. The resort isn't huge and the vast majority of the rooms are relatively close to the main building but if you have health/mobility issues I would recommend getting a preferred room just to be safe. Some of the standard rooms (far ends of the 50's and 80's/90's section can be quite a hike (literally 1/4 of a mile) and there's no guarantee you wouldn't end up in one of those rooms. The best way to guarantee a close room is to book preferred.

Hi,
This is such a basic newbie question. I browsed a few FAQs. but it's so basic I didn't see the answer:
Q: Do you need a park ticket to stay at a Disney Resort? I don't need to know about each one but I was particularly interested in these POP/All-Star/Movie Resorts. If you can book them on Expedia, can you just checkin and stay at the hotel and use the pool and stuff without a park ticket? TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter