Pop Century room request???

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by CharityMarie, May 13, 2013.

1. CharityMarie

CharityMarie Earning My Ears

Ok,

We are taking my 2 year old to Disney in September and it would be nice to not have to walk a very long time when we get off the bus. We are in a standard room. Can someone tell me where the best place to stay would be? Which decade? Also, can I call and request that area? Any other tips with a 2 year old? thanks!!!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. tink771

tink771 DIS Veteran

I usually request the 50's section. It's close to the main building & a short walk from the bust stops :thumbsup2

4. CharityMarie

Sounds good-

Do you just the resort and let them know?
    About how long before arrival would you call? We are still 4 months out? Or would you just go ahead and call ASAP?

5. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

If you have requests, you can place them on your reservation anytime from the time you made the reservation until about 3 - 5 days before you arrive, when CRO rolls the ressies over to the resort.

I would call now; increases your option of getting what you want. Keep your requests simple and in the order of importance if you have more than one.

6. melissafox18

melissafox18 DIS Veteran

I agree with 50s building. Close to the bowling pin pool as well. You can request a first floor room as well. It will save you from walking up the stairs or to the elevator and doubling back to your room.

7. kansasdisneygal

kansasdisneygal Mouseketeer

Stayed at Pop twice. Most recently we requested 50's and we got out request! Very close to main building, bus stops, and bowling pin pool! Stayed in 90's section with view of computer pool and its was almost just as close if you cut through the parking lot to get to the busses! Pop is a fun resort! Enjoy!

8. spritna

spritna Mouseketeer

we did the 70s section once and just crossed the parking lot, easily the quickest, the 50s i think you have to either go thru or around the lobby/foodcourt area to get to your area. heres a link to a map, you see what i mean about cutting across the 90s parking lot.
    http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/pop.htm :thumbsup2

9. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - b

Maybe yes, maybe no. Fifty percent of the rooms in each building are beyond the elevator.

Building Six, in the Seventies. Because I said so :teeth:

10. CharityMarie

Thank y'all for all the help!
    Also, has anyone rented a stroller from a discount stroller rental? I was looking at them but just want the most for the dollar :)
    Also, for those of you who have stayed at Pop. Did all the rooms have a refridgerator?

11. kastoney

kastoney Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm

We are taking our two year old to pop in Sept too. We have stayed there before pre-child and have requested the 70s for this time (50s as back up). 70s is on the bus stop side of the main building whereas 50s is closer to the main lobby. 50s also has a pool in the middle and 70s doesn't so I'm thinking nap time will hopefully be quieter.

Hope you have a great trip!