Pop Century - Preferred or Standard

Sheryl

Earning My Ears
We are in the middle of confirming dates for late January. For the extra $10 per night for preferred is it really worth it? We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and stayed quite far from the food court. We'd like to not repeat that again. We a few adults in our group that love their early coffee, plus 8 children to tag behind us. So, again is the extra cost worth it?

Thanks Sheryl

We stay preferred at Pop. We think it is worth the extra cost. We stayed in the 60s. We were near everything - the main pool, the gift shop and food court, the bus stops, & the lake. We like being close to the food court & using our mugs.

I also paid extra for preferred room at Pop. When we did that last year at ASMo it was definately worth the shorter walk. I'm still holding out hope for that surprise YOAMD upgrade at checkin ;)

After 6 stays at POP 5 of them preferred the last trip was not available I recommend preferred. I have had really good luck with rooms at POP got the same room 4 times. Being way out in the 80's the last trip was not fun. Much to far away from Petals. I did like having the computer pool to myself every morning from 5-5:30 but I hope my next trip in December will put me back in 4111.
Later

With 8 children in tow, I would get preferred. My son and I never do with just the two of us (he's 11) but with a group that large, it would probably make it alot easier for the adults in your group if you did. :sunny:

We just got back from POP and we did not pay for the preferred room but was upgraded at check in for free! After being that close I think I will be paying for the preferred for upcoming trips. I think it would be worth it but again this was my first trip and have never stayed anywhere else.

It does depend on how many nights you stay, also how many rooms you have. Keep in mind, that 7 days before you arrive I think you can call and request rooms. January can be slow, so perhaps you can get a decent spot without paying. If you have 2 rooms and 7 nights, that 140 plus tax. That's no small change. But there is a chance taken here, so if you decide location is key, then plug down the cash. If it would be nothing but a nice addition, then perhaps you roll the dice. I get up in the morning, get food and coffee and get on a bus, so the walk is not that important to me.

Are the All Star Suites open now? maybe you should check on that -- not sure how many people they hold, but looks like you need at least 3 rooms at Pop (4 people per, and that's pretty crowded in those small rooms). We stayed at Pop only 3 nights in May in an AP rate room, way at the back near the lagoon. It was an awfully long walk from parking, busses, food court (esp back to the room at night after a long day) -- I was really glad to move offsite to a place with a much larger room, a short walk to parking, and lower cost. Sounds to me like requesting preferred is the better option (unless you want to gamble on getting a close-in room because you're going at a less crowded time).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter