1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Pop Century or Wyndham Bonnet Creek?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by minerva78, Sep 2, 2013.

1. freckles04

freckles04 DIS Veteran

Queen beds with double sinks, beautiful & relaxing theming inside and out, lots of shade, great pool with slide, hot tub, rec options like fishing, renting boats and bikes, boat to Downtown Disney. We also have an evening planned to catch the Yeehaw Bob show.

I must agree with the previous poster who said the bus service at Pop is outstanding. It was one of our favorite features! I loved that there was no bus sharing and that there is a roped off queue so no one can cut in front of you to get on the bus. The one downside to the bus was that at the parks, Pop Century seemed to be the farthest or near farthest away, but it was not truly a big deal.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. eliza61

eliza61 http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/images

I don't do values. I did an all star one time and we hated it. Now I have sons so little girls maybe easier but 3 tall (my sons were tall at age 8, lol and my dh is pooh sized) men squeezed into a tiny hotel room was horrible. Not sure I'm much help. I'll stay home before I stay in a value, so my choice is always offsite.

PS. We've always had just as magical trips off site as on.

4. katyjeka

katyjeka DIS Veteran

I probably will not be much help, but here goes. We've stayed in several onsite hotels, including POP. POP is not a favorite of ours, but we would stay again. Unlike most, I appreciate the line up for the buses at the values. It amazes me how many people will show up at the last minute and push ahead of someone to get on a bus first. Even though they know you were waiting before them.(Sometimes 15 or 20 minutes) Value rooms are small, but we are used to cruise ship cabins, so we really never had an issue with the size. The grounds are fun. We also enjoy the food court at values, although they do get crazy at times. Bonnet Creek is a beautiful resort. I do miss the housekeeping, and rarely use the kitchen, but we love the balcony or patio, and our girls love the "big" tub. I appreciate 2 bathrooms, and the washer and dryer. We usually stay for 10-12 nights, and with 4 dd's cannot live without a washer/dryer. I've wasted too much time standing in guest Laundromats waiting on machines. We usually drive our own car, as my dh hates buses!!! The parks are a VERY easy drive from Bonnet Creek. It's funny but our kids never miss the magic when staying at BC, although I'm not sure they understand its not Disney. The pools are great, and the lake beautiful. Its funny be we seem to enjoy our trips when staying at BC more. I think its due to the fact my dh and I have privacy. WDW is very stressful with families and I truly believe having alone time with each other is a must. Have a great time, whatever you choose.

5. hsmamato2

hsmamato2 <font color=magenta>Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad

OP it sounds like Pop would be great for you,I'd downgrade from a preferred room IMHO and stay 7 nights in a regular room, the place isn't all that bit,it's pretty short walk to the food court.... my persona fave rooms are in the far back (50's) overlooking that pretty lake......Just book it,your kids will have a blast,mine love it there too....(and we've stayed at various places) I wouldn't do the other offsite options, it won't give you that same feel..... We're a fam of 4,and we were just fine in those rooms

6. hsmamato2

hsmamato2 <font color=magenta>Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad

if it's a choice between Pop and Pofq....(I've stayed both).... for a 200.00 difference.....hmmm..POFQ is WONDERFUL. They don't share buses, they have their own. I'd do POFQ :thumbsup2 Even though Pop is fun and cute....POFQ is way better. (it's my favorite) ANd the time we used the Pop buses,not so good,POFQ was far simpler.