Pop Century new menu

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Terpgirl79, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Orange Team

Orange Team Earning My Ears

I had the pepperoni pizza bread and the make-your-own-burrito at Pop just after they changed to the new menu. I enjoyed both.

I also had the King cupcake. It was really good with the peanut butter. The banana flavor isn't too strong - it tasted close to real banana to me and seemed alright.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. vleeth

vleeth I heart Disney

Can anyone tell me what, if any, Pop desserts are not allowed on the dining plna?

4. ChrissyLady

ChrissyLady Mouseketeer

It seems as if they are trying to make the menu more exotic, maybe because of the success of Landscape of Flavors? I am all for the changes and addition of new items, but I agree they need to keep some staples in place. Not everyone is an adventurous eater. I personally love everything, but I kinda liked that you could get more 'worldly' options at AoA and more 'classics' at POP.

5. Eureka

Eureka DIS Veteran

They had breakfast platters on the menu last week.

6. lizandjason

lizandjason Mouseketeer

We used to love the Pop food court (we've stayed there 8 times). The new menu is AWFUL and we're so disappointed. Gone are great classics (beef & bleu & turkey sandwiches, lo mein, cheesesteak wrap) replaced with odd things like sloppy joes (which were nasty) and a spring roll served in a hot dog bun (what IS that)? I'm an adventurous eater, and I appreciate interesting food, but they just did this all wrong. Plus, the cast members are clueless, extremely slow and very inefficient.

I don't know why Disney doesn't leave well enough alone sometimes. They get rid of popular items, it seems, for no particular reason (other than maybe food cost)? :confused3

7. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

I agree with this. I was at the food court again today and experienced the same thing. Food is crap. staff are slow and incredibly disorganized. Its awful!

8. Stefne

Stefne Earning My Ears

Yep they changed that back in July during our stay. We got a slice at the beginning of the week that looked like all of the pics and such that I had seen of it prior to the trip. It was oh so yummy. Went back at the end of the week to have another slice before we left and all they had was the new smaller version. It was still pretty good but not nearly as tasty as the first one.

9. TheRatPack

TheRatPack Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed ex

Well I'm glad we're not eating at the food court a lot this year, I'm sure we'll be able to find a couple of items to satisfy the few times we have meals scheduled there. I'll miss the big cheesecake and the Reuben flatbread.

10. Terpgirl79

Terpgirl79 Mouseketeer

This bums me out. Luckily I'll be surrounded by all things Disney and will put me in a happy place no matter what. I am 6mths pregnant so I'm hoping there will be something to satisfy my hunger lol. I think maybe a few trips to AofA will be a must.

11. JennyDrake

JennyDrake Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

Do they still offer grilled flatbreads?

12. KNovacovschi

KNovacovschi DIS Veteran

My DH is going to miss the alfredo pasta and my DD is upset that the breakfast pizza is gone. I like the make your own burrito however it is only available at lunch and won't be there for any lunches this year. Guess it will be a good time to see how the food is at AoA. I wonder if POP will realize that there guests are eating at AoA more often and maybe consider changing the menu back.

13. Disneylover99

Disneylover99 DIS Veteran

Yes and they were gross! My sister ordered them a few days ago and I had a taste.

This is my first time at Pop, so I can't compare it to previous visits, but I'm not impressed. The pot roast was not good either and the portion was really small.

14. TravelMommy

TravelMommy Mouseketeer

makes me rethink staying there and staying at AoA instead,lol:)

15. Disneylover99

Disneylover99 DIS Veteran

We walked over to AofA for dinner this evening. Everything we ordered was delicious and service was quick and efficient. :thumbsup2