Pop Century new menu

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Terpgirl79, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Terpgirl79

Terpgirl79 Mouseketeer

Hi all! Haven't been to this resort in a couple years. I've read they've changed their menu up a bit. Does anyone have pics or comments on any of the food? A lot of it seems delicious just wondering what opinions are out there. Thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

I will be at pop by noon today. I will post pics if I can. But I did see a thread about the food. If I find the link I will post that as well.

4. Terpgirl79

Terpgirl79 Mouseketeer

Thanks so much! Have a fantastic trip. I'll be tnere in about two and a half weeks.

5. jsebsirois

jsebsirois DIS Veteran

We'll also be at Pop soon (well, late October but still...) so thanks for asking that question!

Goofyintoronto : enjoy your trip fellow canadian!

6. Terpgirl79

Terpgirl79 Mouseketeer

I think all of us are Canadians lol! I don't notice till you mentioned the other poster was. Haven't heard much on how pple are enjoying the new menu and looking forward to reports.

7. The Great Oz

The Great Oz Mouseketeer

I always enjoy the Tilapia sandwich with pasta salad.

8. Eureka

Eureka DIS Veteran

We just got back. I have some pics not uploaded yet. Ate dinner one night and lunch one day. We were not impressed with the quality and I did not like the selection. There were a lot of things I thought were odd choices and not enough "regular" sandwiches etc. I remember liking the All Star Movies food court meals better. Will be reviewing a few things on my trip report soon.

9. OThopeful35

OThopeful35 DIS Veteran

I totally agree with you. We were at POP 7/31-8/2 and we were not impressed either. DS wanted the nachos until he learned they were made with potato chips. We only ate in the food court once. We walked over to AOA and ate there.

10. Terpgirl79

Terpgirl79 Mouseketeer

That doesn't sound promising. Poop!!! Glad AofA is next door. Can't wait for your pics. Hope it gets better.

11. Terpgirl79

Terpgirl79 Mouseketeer

Nachos made with potato chips!? What the heck!? My DH will not be pleased with that.

12. BigAlsGal

BigAlsGal DIS Veteran

13. roselark

roselark DIS Veteran

I was so sad to see they got rid of the vegetable lo mein. That was my favorite!

14. DizneyLizzy

DizneyLizzy DIS Veteran

Getting rid of the lo mein options was a terrible mistake! I had no idea what to eat the last time I was there.

Tip: After walking around sad and confused about the loss of the lo meins, my husband and settled on the french bread pizzas. The portion size was HUGE - even for Disney. For an adult portion, they give you two pizzas - definitely enough for two people to share. I can't recommend anything else in that food court anymore :( I usually only eat one or maybe two food court meals per stay, but next time, I will huff it over to AoA for my one time.

15. jsebsirois

jsebsirois DIS Veteran

Funny to see how Pop's Food Court use to be a great counter service option but not anymore... I guess I'll judge by myself in October but it sure sounds like a good thing that AoA is not too far away, just in case!

16. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2

17. goofyintoronto

I 2nd this. I'm here now. Food court selections were not as good as I remember. Odd choices and very minimal. And the station on the far right wasn't even open. It was shut down! Not sure if its gonna remain shut down the whole trip? But that's where I'd get my fave lo mein! But its gone!
    :( If you have questions let me know.

18. goofyintoronto

Thanks! Hope eyou have a great vacation too! Despite the food court being a let down, we're having a great time. Love this resort!

19. Eureka

Eureka DIS Veteran

So I went through my trip pictures and notes and guess I didn't take any of the Pop meals, or else they didn't come out. I thought I had. Anyway, for dinner on our arrival night, the kids had flatbread pizzas (one cheese, one pepperoni), DH had a sloppy joe and I had a Mediterranean flatbread with spinach, artichoke and feta. The boys did not like their pizza at all, it was soggy. DH liked his meal and DS10 actually had a sloppy joe for lunch the next time we ate there. My flatbread was pretty good actually. We much preferred the brownie sundaes we had for dessert ;)

When we had lunch there, I had a tuna sandwich which I liked -- although this is what I meant about not having normal sandwiches -- they had a turkey "dinner" sandwich with cranberry sauce and stuffing, but not just a plain turkey sandwich. And the tuna was on a multigrain croissant, which was just strange even though it tasted fine. It wasn't flaky; they should have just used multigrain bread.

One morning when I wanted more than the dry cereal and granola bars we'd brought, I went over to look at the options. When we stayed at ASMovies, they had a breakfast sandwich but nothing at Pop like that. Plenty of omelets and pancakes but nothing small and quick. I ended up getting a chocolate croissant, which was very good, but I was really hoping for something more protein-rich.

(And I never did see the tie dye cheesecake. I wanted to try it, if only for the novelty factor)

Edited to add: I found a picture of my flatbread on my husband's iPad. I got it without black olives.

[​IMG]

20. Terpgirl79

Terpgirl79 Mouseketeer

Glad your husband and son liked the sloppy joe. I was wondering about that one. I've never even heard of a multigrain croissant. Just sounds weird IMHO. Flatbread sounds like an option for us. They better have tie dyed cheesecake when we're there. It was always one of my favorites though from new pictures I've seen it doesn't look like how I remember. Has anyone tried the King cupcake? I'm not a fan of mock banana flavor and wondered how the custard on the inside fared. Hope you're having a good trip regardless.

21. TheRatPack

TheRatPack Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed ex

No more chocolate chip pancakes?????? My kids will be so sad :( No Reuben flatbread, no personal pizzas, no chicken nuggets, no Mom's Night out fried chicken.......what on earth!!! If they've gotten rid of the Breakfast Platter my husband may just stay home LOL. I'm glad we don't have a lot of meals planned at POP this year.

I just did a search and do see they have a Reuben Stromboli, but another change is the TieDye Cheesecake is smaller :(. Like a cupcake size.