Pop Century Meetup Friday, Jan 11

Discussion in 'Events/Competition' started by jmasgat, Jan 1, 2013.

1. jmasgat

jmasgat DIS Veteran

In case this wasn't posted elsewhere....

There will be a WISH meet-up and photo op at Pop Century Food Court starting at 4 pm Friday, Jan. 11, followed by a group photo outside the Food Court on the steps at 4:30 pm.

Everyone is welcome to come by, say hello, meet fellow WISHers and capture the moment for posterity! Family and friends are welcome. Name tags will be available (seriously, who can pronounce anyone's screen name?!)

Please come say hello and put a face to a screen name!

Maura

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. WDWFAN9

WDWFAN9 DIS Veteran

I will be there!!

4. dumbo_buddy

dumbo_buddy DIS Veteran

thanks for posting!:thumbsup2

5. KippWade

KippWade Mouseketeer

I'll be there :)

Oh, and my screen name IS my name, so it is quite pronounceable :thumbsup2

6. dreams91

dreams91 DIS Cast Member<br><font color=teal>Loves to veg o

I plan to be there. :-)

7. buckeyecinderella

buckeyecinderella Mouseketeer

It will be a quick trip for us. In late on Friday and out on Monday. So, unfortunately I won't make it to the meet up. Will watch for you all on the course though!

8. jmasgat

jmasgat DIS Veteran

Yes! We will be initially congregated around tables near the windows in the food court near the exit that leads to the big pool. People wander over anytime after 4. Then around 4:30 we go outside and take a group photo.

There have typically been 30-50 people there and some people will have WISH green on.

Hope to see there. There are always new people to meet and it is a short, fun happening,

Maura

9. joan4mickey

joan4mickey DIS Veteran

I hope to come by. My flight get in around 11am ..if on time. Then I will pick up packet. DS flies in around 3pm so he should be arriving around 4 at Pop.

10. thndrmatt

thndrmatt Real Life Mickey Wannabe!

Barring unforeseen circumstances, for the first time EVer I will actually be in the POP picture! I've shown up before but too late for the pic, other years shown up the morning of the half, other years was deployed... Hoping to go 1 for 9 on pictures. :thumbsup2

11. jmasgat

jmasgat DIS Veteran

One final plug for the PopMeet on Friday......especially to everybody who thinks "I'm too shy to show up at a roomful of people I don't know". Well here's why you need to come:

1) We're not strangers. We are like-minded run/walking buddies with a minor (or major) Disney obsession that you just haven't seen in person yet!

2) 4 years ago, I went to my first WISH meet in May at POR while there for the Minnie 15k-my first Disney race. I am a shy, non-outgoing person around people I don't know. I walked in the door with much trebidation and was met by Anne Maher (Maherae). She welcomed me,wrote my 2 names (screen and real) on a nametag and before you knew it, I was chatting up some wonderful people. I felt at ease. You will, too.

3) I may stop and buy some green balloons--as close to WISH shade as the Dollar store has--and bring them to mark out spot. They will be up for grabs for "your children" (you know you really want them yourself!)

Looking forward to Friday,

Maura

12. Tiger Lily 03

Tiger Lily 03 Moderator W.I.S.H. Moderator

Yes! Don't be shy! We welcome everyone! It is a fun time. You are not a stranger here.

Stop in introduce yourself, get to know the in-person Web people.

13. cewait

cewait DIS Veteran

The last time I attended - seems so long ago and I guess it was....

That was the year that WISH, DisneyRunning and the deads were there all at once. It was a hoot. It seems like I talked to a thousand folks with all three groups in the food court at once. It is a hoot and always fun to put a face with a name. If you are free, come by. Even if you only say hi to the person at the next table you will have bonded with one person on the forum. With groups like these, you will see many more folks than you will talk with and be able to put faces with names.

I can tell you the first time I attended a deads meal, I felt extremely intimidated... until I walked in the door and saw they were regular people, just like me.

We are still trying to figure out what we are doing with our group of 11 on Friday. It really depends a lot on how nervous my first time half runners are.

14. Bephus

Bephus DIS Veteran

We have a Tusker House ADR at 5 so we won't make it:(. Have fun and I will be on the look out for you all on the course!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards