Pop Century-I need some help with a building request

penjen

DIS Veteran
We have stayed at POP before but I really didn't like our room. We were in the 80's section, first floor with a very dark room.

I am going to be making reservations and need help with a request. I would like a room close to the playground, goofy jets and facing a direction that will get some good sunlight in October. And possibly (now I'm asking for everything) facing Epcot for the fireworks. Distance from cinema hall doesn't concern me. Anyone have any suggestions of a certain building?
thanks!

The playground and the pop jets are in the 70's building area. To get a view of the higher fireworks request a lake view. The rooms closer to the main building will be prefered, $10/night extra, but if you don't care about that then there are still rooms in this area that aren't prefered.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I have a question too regarding rooms :) How big is POP century really? I also don't care about a preferred room. I also don't mind long walks...For example, I usually stay at POFQ and love the walk from there to POR. If I get a non preferred room at POP will that walk be similar or is it much farther? I'm just curious. Thanks.

I would say 60s building 4, lake side higher floor. This is a standard room location. Rooms 4437-4460 would be ideal. 4th floor will provide you with the most sun light due to unobstructed views. There are times when the sun just wont be on your side of the building though!

70s section is closest to the popjets and playground. but you won't get a great fireworks view because of the 60s Buildings. If your set on being in the 70s section, than rooms 6437-6448 would be your best shot and still standard.

I personally was a fan of the 60s and 50s section over any other section. 60s section will give you easy access to the kiddie pool, main pool, and classic hall. I was able to see the fireworks from lake-facing rooms in both sections.

I'd say 70's if you don't want to pay extra for a preferred room in the 60's.

The resort isn't that big, once we got out of the lifts, it was a 2 minute walk to the goofy jets and the food court.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter