Pop Century and fireworks?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by gotdbltrbl, Mar 9, 2014.

1. gotdbltrbl

gotdbltrbl Mouseketeer

Hi all - We are staying at Pop for the first time and I was wondering if there are any views (even at a far distance) to watch any fireworks? I was going to request a top floor as my kids are older and don't need to take up a room for those traveling with little ones (been there, I know how difficult even the smallest strollers can be!). Any suggestions or should I just head over to Poly to watch them? Thanks!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Simba07

Simba07 Mouseketeer

We were on the top floor, lake side, 50s building and could see fireworks. The are a lot farther away than at Poly or CR, but they were visible (and actually woke us up the one night we went to bed early LOL!) We viewed them as a bonus. If you really want a fireworks experience, I wouldn't recommend it. But for us, it was good enough.

4. MnM Inc

MnM Inc Earning My Ears

If you are going in May/June you should be able to see the Symphony in the Stars fireworks during the Star Wars Weekends at Hollywood Studios if you are top floor of most of the AoA facing rooms - 50's/60's would be a good bet; we saw the Unleash the Villians FW last year on Friday the 13th from the 70's section...nothing beats seeing them from the parks though! :)

5. WEDWDW

WEDWDW DIS Veteran

Buildings 3 and 4 top floors "facing" in the direction of Epcot are the best.:)

You can even "request" an "IllumiNations view room"."Most" check-in Cast Members will know exactly what you are requesting.:)

High fireworks from IllumiNations are very visible and "HEARABLE"!.:)

Also,Generation Gap Bridge is a great location to watch.:)

At times you can even faintly hear the IllumiNations music!:)

6. WEDWDW

WEDWDW DIS Veteran

Agree.:)

The POP IllumiNations fireworks experience is NOTHING like the Poly Wishes experience-it is just a fun thing if you happen to be at POP when IllumiNations is taking place.:)