POP AoA or Sports for 2 and 4.5 year old

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by cincyfab, Jan 19, 2013.

1. cincyfab

cincyfab Earning My Ears

Which value resort would you choose? For a 2 year old boy and 4.5 year old girl? This is our first trip and we will be going 3/1-3/8. I thought I had everything figured out but then the regular room at sports sold out. We only picked that because it was the cheapest.

Not too concerned with price but for reference our rates are:

POP $740 (standard view room)
    AoA $962 (little mermaid standard room)
    Sports $881 (preferred room)

I can't wait any longer, I need to book!!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. dalgal101

dalgal101 Mouseketeer

I think with those ages AOA would be good if money doesn't matter, but the LM rooms are supposed to be farthest from the food court/buses. We have two boys and always choose Sports preferred room(surf section). It is inexpensive and we have always been commando park tourers with only sleeping at the room (January visitors). This time I considered changing but not going to pay for deluxe and mods don't interest us. Good luck in your decision.

4. Kurby

Kurby All the adversity I've had in my life, all my trou

We just got back from aoa

Loved it. Stayed in the little mermaid section and didn't find the walk too bad

Yes it's the farthest but its also the quietest and the walk isn't that bad vecause of the path you take. Lots to see and play with while walking back to the room

5. cincyfab

cincyfab Earning My Ears

is the walk shorter at POP and sports? How far are we talking?

6. jennlovestinkerbelle

jennlovestinkerbelle Earning My Ears

I would try AOA - Mermaid room, since your son is so young...it's new, and they have great themes to see while there.

7. rymahoney

rymahoney Mouseketeer

Aoa. We have a 3 year old and thought the walk wasn't bad at all

8. redrosesix

redrosesix DIS Veteran

It depends...are you using strollers to go everywhere on property? I would go for a preferred room if you're not. We're planning a trip next year that includes a 3 y.o. -- she isn't crazy about the stroller already, so we're going with a preferred room.

Book whatever is the best option for now -- you can always change it to another resort if that becomes available ie. a preferred room at Pop or AoA if you want them. But I do like Sports and it's going to be a little less chaos than the bigger resorts.

9. cincyfab

cincyfab Earning My Ears

Stroller is a must for us!

10. mericletwins

mericletwins DIS Veteran

AoA because your son isn't old enough to care yet and your daughter will probably love the LM rooms. It also has a great pool and kiddie play area that I think your kids would love.

11. mike the canuck

mike the canuck https://www.youtube.com/user/reelbigfishtml