Pop $84, CSR $114, or AKL $169 ?

I vote for CSR! Check out my CSR website below for pics, links and info! Good luck deciding!!

I've stayed at all the hotels you are thinking about. Here's my opinion.

CR: An okay hotel. The rooms are very large. The food court is way to small. The restaurants are incredible. Small pool. It is on the monorail but the monorail doesn't go to AK or MGM. Not my choice.

WL: Better than CR. The pool is better also as is the food court. The restaurants are fun (Whispering Canyon) or upscale (Artist Point). The boat ride to MK can be really nice or miserable depending on the weather. When we were there last December a boat was the only way to get to MK and it was a nightmare -- cold and rainy.

AKL: Awe inspiring. Of your three deluxe hotels, this would be my pick. All of the reasons listed above plus the transportation system is really very good. Short trips to all the parks -- even though it seems to be the furthest away on average it is actually closer.

CSR: Of all the mod's this is our favorite. The best theming by far and a wonderful pool. It's the largest of the mod's with a really great slide and playground. There are two arcades for the kids. The food court offers the most variety of any of the hotels (there is a 10% gratuity tacked on), and the restaurant is also very nice.

I'd definitely go for AKL. For the price, you can't beat it.

Hincher said:
We were up in the air about what resort to stay in as well and one of the deciding factors was the size of the beds. DH and I are used to sleeping in a king sized bed, so anything smaller than a queen just won't work. None of the moderates have queen beds. Believe me, I already checked. So it's deluxe for us.

Also, your MIL may be planning on enjoying the resort more than you are. I know that by the 3rd day, my mom would be wanting a little time off. The moderates and deluxes offer more opportunities for such relaxation without having to stay in the room.

I'd go for at least the moderate.

Though the moderates don't have queen beds they do have rooms with a single King bed - I think they are slightly more expensive than the standard rooms. However, I don't know if they are regular rooms or strictly handicapped-accessable.

Thanks for all your help! We decided on AKL and I booked it yesterday. I'm so excited. :Pinkbounc This will be our first stay at a deluxe and my SIL and DN's first trip to WDW. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter