Poor parents still aren't home!!

Tink78

DIS Veteran
My parents flew to Sanford 2 and a bit weeks ago with TCD.

They booked upgrades, and got told they couldn't have the upgrade for the outgoing flight, and were offered a free PH meal as an alternative.

Now, they have got problems getting home.

They were due to leave Sat evening from Sanford, to arrive home 7:20am on Sunday, but they have had to spend 2 nights at 2 different hotels now, and are due to fly home later today arriving in tonight at 00:50am!! (Almost 41 hours late!).

And to add insult to injury, they can't have the seat upgrades that they have paid for on the way back either.

Needless to say - they aren't very happy.

I will update this tomorrow to let you know if they make it home within the 48 hours or not!!

Hi

Oh dear I wouldnt be happy either. I have heard terrible reviews on the net regarding delays and bookings not being correct.

I hope they manage to get home and other than that they had a fab time.

ours got cancelled on the way out with tcd, I hit the roof. (though I am traveling with them again this year but in economy no point upgrading if I arnt going to get it)

your poor parents it must be awfull being passed around like that hope they get home ok and soon

I wouldn't be a happy bunny either.

Hope they get home soon :grouphug:

What a terrible way to end their holiday, I can only hope that they have had a great time anyway and that this hasn't ruined their holiday for them :)

I hope they can get home soon....I espect you are waiting for your pressies ;)

We had a lot of airport closings yesterday. It's one of the hazards of flying along the east coast in the winter. Hopefully they can be refunded for their upgrade.

hope they get home soon

what a nightmare 41 hours delay :crazy:

who is TCD ???

TCD= Travel City Direct

Wow! hope they are home soon.

I hope they arrive home soon (and safely).

I have heard so, so many reports of similar incidents happening with TCD - not just on this website but on others as well. They seem to totally lack customer service and the down-time on their planes seems ridiculous.

:wizard:

Your poor parents - I would be like Electric Lizzie if this happened to me. Hope they get home soon!

squitty said:
TCD= Travel City Direct

Wow! hope they are home soon.

Just as well I asked
Thaught It was an other Company

I always used to be envious of people who were delayed coming home as it sounded like an extra day (or more) of holiday time. However, it's when you hear about the changes of hotels, lack of information and the uncertainties that it suddenly loses any momentary appeal!

Fingers crossed they get home soon :)

surely they'll get their upgrade money back won't they? We have booked sunshine first this year with TCD! I hope that everything is OK

I hope they are home by now

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter