Pools and Outdoor Temps the First Week of December

hoosiergirl7

Mickey is My Boyfriend
I'm sure this has been asked before and so I'm asking it for probably the 100th time.

Since we had to cut our trip to Disney short last week we plan on returning the first week of December during value season. We are going to be staying at the Poly.

Here are my questions:

1. I know they keep the pools heated at the deluxes but do they really stay warm enough to swim in?

2. If the water is warm enough to swim in what's the outside temp like normally the 1st week of Dec???

Thanks!!!!

I'd like to know to!! we are staying at pop century and I know my kids would love to swim!

Honestly it's a complete cr@pshoot! We went in December 07 and the weather was hot and sunny. However, the day we left it was in the 30s/40s and stayed cold for several days.

I personally did not enjoy visiting Disney in December. Many MANY people love it, but I always share my opinion because I wasn't really prepared for how I would feel. I found that I really missed the Disney as I knew it (sights and sounds) and didn't care for hearing Christmas music all the time. Also, we had to pack way too much because of the variety of temps that could hit. You'll notice on here when you see people's photos of "Disney at Christmastime" some people are in shorts and tanks and others look like a blizzard is about to hit.

I'm sure this has been asked before and so I'm asking it for probably the 100th time.

Since we had to cut our trip to Disney short last week we plan on returning the first week of December during value season. We are going to be staying at the Poly.

Here are my questions:

1. I know they keep the pools heated at the deluxes but do they really stay warm enough to swim in?

2. If the water is warm enough to swim in what's the outside temp like normally the 1st week of Dec???

Thanks!!!!

The Avg. Daily Low for Dec. 51
The Avg. daily High for Dec. 73
The Avg. daily temp for Dec. 62

Hope this helps!:thumbsup2

As the PP poster said it is a cr@pshoot. In December 2006, it was really cold the first week, mostly 30's to 50's during the day and there was frost several of those mornings. In Dec 2007, we went the third week of December and the weather was beautiful, short sleeves during the day and lightweight jackets at night. There was probably 1 or 2 days I would have gone swimming, but went park hopping instead.

Be prepared for ALL kinds of weather and you won't go wrong.

The pools at ALL of the resorts are heated to I believe 98 degrees.

Suzanne

We've experienced a little of everything in December. Its a very crazy month to go-weather wise. We've been able to swim some years and then other times we did get wickedly cold temps that had us clamoring for our woolies. Be prepared for anything.

Well right now 60 degree's is like a heat wave. yesterday it was 71 and hot for us, today its 28 :scared1: If it is in the 60's there it will make my day, 70's even better :)

Dec 2006- We wore shorts and t-shirts & winter coats and gloves...
Planned outfits with layers. Swam twice at the Poly!
Enjoy!:)

We have gone for the past Decembers and we are going again this year. The weather on both trips has been warm enough to swim at least 2 days, we went in the evenings. The pools are warm and the temps walking back to the room has been ok. No one froze to death walking back. We have packed for all kinds of weather though. We carry jeans and sweatshirts for the evenings and I always pack gloves for everyones hands just in case. But for the most part we all dress in shorts for the day and jeans for the evenings. We love December at Disney!!!

I think it depends what climate you are coming from. We'll be coming from our summer down under and I know when we were last there in Dec 05 we stood there in amazement watching people swimming in the pool while we shivered in our jeans and jackets.
I do remember one day though, after walking around in the parks all day it was warm enough to strip off to t-shirt and jeans in the afternoon.I think this was the same day everyone from the Northern American states were walking around in shorts and sandals.:cool1:

I think it depends what climate you are coming from. We'll be coming from our summer down under and I know when we were last there in Dec 05 we stood there in amazement watching people swimming in the pool while we shivered in our jeans and jackets.
I do remember one day though, after walking around in the parks all day it was warm enough to strip off to t-shirt and jeans in the afternoon.I think this was the same day everyone from the Northern American states were walking around in shorts and sandals.:cool1:

your right!!
Here where its still snowing :headache: when the temps reach 60 its like a heat wave. When I leave in the winters here and go to a warm climate like california I sweat LOL! Temps in the 70's are real nice for me, in fact very warm! I look forward to pool time with the kids there if I get the chance.

3 words - dress in layers.

We went in Dec. 06 it started out in the 70's and by the time we left in was in the 50's.

your right!!
Here where its still snowing :headache: when the temps reach 60 its like a heat wave. When I leave in the winters here and go to a warm climate like california I sweat LOL! Temps in the 70's are real nice for me, in fact very warm! I look forward to pool time with the kids there if I get the chance.

As the other poster said, its a crap shoot.:confused3
To us residents its probably a little cool to swim. To the snowbirds, it's probably nice.
That said, even when it is cool, visiting the parks in December to me is ideal.:santa:
You always work up a little heat running from Buzz Lightyear to Splash Mountain to get those FP's.:rotfl:

WOW, 98 degrees?!?!? That must be one BIG heating bill! No wonder Disney is raising prices!;) :laughing:

(Just kidding. I know this is a typo.):goodvibes

No, I didn't make a typo. My understanding is they are heated to 98 degrees. I know the hot tub is 104 degrees

Suzanne

Oh I'm sorry, I really thought it was a typo.

Just a friendly FYI - all the resort pools are heated to approx. 82 degrees.:thumbsup2

That is why I said I believe, I wasn't positive what degree it was, either way it is nice not to step into a cold pool.

Suzanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter