Poolrat and GoofyFan's Great Adventure- Wilderness in August edition- 8/15 Last day REALLY !!!!!

All caught up! Strange about not receiving the room texts. Good job dodging the raindrops.

Yeah, I think the toilet paper holders at Hilton Head were similar.

I hope you don't get too much bad weather for your upcoming travels!

We hopped in line for IASW and found the most bored CM ever. It was a quick pic so pardon the blurriness.

:rotfl2: To be fair, she has to work at IASW.

These guys used to have a sign that said HELP ME.

Can you blame them??:rotfl:

Marv is not so sure about this.

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao: I'd be worried too, if somebody forced me on the tea cups!

We then visited the kiosk in Liberty square and it was already closed for the night. Boo. Just like trying to get a drink in EPCOT after Illuminations.

Dagnabbit.

As you can see by my ticker I will be heading down at the end of the week.

Have fun storming the castle!

Joining in and all caught up. So fun seeing you two enjoying a trip together. Looking forward to reading more!!

This was about a 30 minute wait. Longer than I am used to waiting but hey there was nothing else we wanted to do.
I'm worried about this wait time now. I've seen several people post that FP+ has made this wait longer.

Our BTMRR FP+ was open so we walked back.

Favorite ride, especially at night.

The final FP+ for the evening….. Mine train.:jumping3:

Can't wait to try this.

Over to the teacups.

IMG_0048.jpg
Love this motion picture.

Marv is not so sure about this. :rotfl:

I do not do round and round. You're brave.

A spin on Dumbo was next.

IMG_0053.jpg

Another cool motion picture.

We sat behind the castle to watch the fireworks. We were near the mine train and maybe teacups.

We did this once and it was ok but just not the same for me.

I am sorry you had an emergency situation to encounter that but the NY metro area is full of those little booths demanding money to pass. :laughing: Probably why when I was little I called them troll booths. :rolleyes:
Troll Booths is exactly right. :sad2:

Boo for a toll on the way home from Walmart. How did THAT happen? Ah yes - they days of tolls before EZPass. I still don't understand why Surpass and EZ pass just don't join forces. It would make traveling much better.
My daughter and I were just talking about this. I think I saw where OK and TX were able to use either but I think they need one that is nationwide. :idea:

I am now relying on the Unwatched Thread page to keep me up to date. I am getting emails but since I go right to the first unread post, I can pick up where I left off pretty easily.
I LOVE this feature. I don't usually get on ever day so I would often lose my place in the TR, this saves it for me! :thumbsup2

All caught up! First off, hope you two had a GREAT time on your last trip! How fun to get to go and cheer the girls on! YAY!

I do think IaSW is the most photographable ride on property. It goes slow enough and the lighting isn't so dark that you can't get pretty decent shots of the little dancing dollies. I love it, even when I've been stuck and had to go around 3 times without stopping. That was fun.

PoTC is also a great sail. I probably annoy the rest of the boat when I sing, but oh well.

CAn't wait for my first ride on the Dwarves Train! Yup, looking forward to that for sure!! Yay for a fun evening.

Another report that stopped giving me notifications.
Catching up now.
I swear they added more tolls in Florida. Last couple of trips we have found our self all of a sudden upon a tool both...change only and I am like...where the heck did that come from. no warnings at all either.

It's awesome that you were able to pack so much into one day! Love all the ride photos.

And the one year that we are not going to be there for the Princess marathon everyone else seems to go. Have fun cheering them on. Hope the weather cooperates.

We were really lucky. So sorry this year you did not make it over. Hopefully our paths will cross someday.

All caught up! Strange about not receiving the room texts. Good job dodging the raindrops.

Yeah, I think the toilet paper holders at Hilton Head were similar.

I hope you don't get too much bad weather for your upcoming travels!

I am still hunting down the reason I am on the no text list. I think I will go with email notification next time. Maybe that will work. Of course I will have to remember to look at my emails. :rolleyes1

Weather was not bad really. Cold some days, nice a couple of others, but overall cloudy. It wsa warmer than home so I will take it.

:rotfl2: To be fair, she has to work at IASW.

Can you blame them??:rotfl:

True and True

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao: I'd be worried too, if somebody forced me on the tea cups!

Dagnabbit.

He survived. :crutches: About the cards, we just made sure to make THAT mental note.

Have fun storming the castle!

We did - it was a great trip.

Joining in and all caught up. So fun seeing you two enjoying a trip together. Looking forward to reading more!!

Great to have you around. We do have fun together.

I'm worried about this wait time now. I've seen several people post that FP+ has made this wait longer.

It goes up and down - just have to hit it right I guess.

Favorite ride, especially at night.

I love it too!

Can't wait to try this.

Pretty cool both night and day.

Love this motion picture.

I do not do round and round. You're brave.

Another cool motion picture.

Thanks
I have had a couple issues with round and round but I think only when my allergies are bad. Marv survived. :)

We did this once and it was ok but just not the same for me.

It is different. My favorite spot is actually Poly beach but now that has changed and I really need to work through that and see when all is done if can still be a favorite. :rolleyes1

Troll Booths is exactly right. :sad2:
:rotfl2:
My daughter and I were just talking about this. I think I saw where OK and TX were able to use either but I think they need one that is nationwide. :idea:

They should have one with them becoming popular.

I LOVE this feature. I don't usually get on ever day so I would often lose my place in the TR, this saves it for me! :thumbsup2
Probably the best thing I like about the new format. That and the highlight to quote feature.

Hi Pat, :wave2:
I'm late but joining in for the rest! :goodvibes

:welcome: Not so late and I never did send out a bat signal- Glad you found it.

Love your TR and can't wait to read the rest. Subbing in :)

:welcome: Glad you are here.

All caught up! First off, hope you two had a GREAT time on your last trip! How fun to get to go and cheer the girls on! YAY!

It was a great trip. Could have had a bit more sunshine but I can say we were not hot. :rotfl2:

I do think IaSW is the most photographable ride on property. It goes slow enough and the lighting isn't so dark that you can't get pretty decent shots of the little dancing dollies. I love it, even when I've been stuck and had to go around 3 times without stopping. That was fun.

PoTC is also a great sail. I probably annoy the rest of the boat when I sing, but oh well.

CAn't wait for my first ride on the Dwarves Train! Yup, looking forward to that for sure!! Yay for a fun evening.

I am getting better with some shots. It does go slow enough to at least try. PotC is another tough one with the lighting being so low.
I think you will liek the 7DMT.

Another report that stopped giving me notifications.
Catching up now.
I swear they added more tolls in Florida. Last couple of trips we have found our self all of a sudden upon a tool both...change only and I am like...where the heck did that come from. no warnings at all either.

Luckily you don't have much to catch up on. :rotfl2: I may have had some drop myself but I am having trouble keeping up so when I get caught up I can go looking again.

Surprise tollboths are never fun. Extra bad when there is fog and they appear. :scared1:

I was happy to see this was only 9 pages!!!! Trying to catch up around here....

We found a certain umbrella that we had to get a picture with.
I've never taken a picture with the umbrella. I think I need to try to change that.

One boy stepped over and was about to push some buttons and pick up the phone. The people inside were about 3 seconds away from an emergency landing.
:rotfl2:

Coolpic! Love the colors!

We were tired. We need to drive back off site back to our off site home for the night.
But we decided to stay.
The joys of touring without kids!

A stand by time of… 65 min um NO - Guess it is just FP+ today.
YIKES!

It was a little strange seeing EVERYTHING gone from up there.

IMG_9692.jpg
That does look weird!

After lunch we suckered some poor soul…. I mean asked someone to take out picture. I was in position to pinch the Prince with no pants but for the picture I refrained.
Oh, you should of!

We dock and I head up to the Front desk to check about the room and they tell me a text was sent at 11:15… it was close to 3pm now.

Um well if it was sent it did not get to my phone. Ugh the blacklist continues.
UGH... we seem to have bad luck with this too.

The rain had stopped but of course the humidity had not.
Ah yes, the humidity. I forgot about that part. :rolleyes2

How I long for the long days of summer again.
I'm done with winter.... we had it rough. February was our coldest on record. We averaged 15 degrees for the month. Totally nuts.

You had to be a contortionist to reach the toilet paper. But hey at least they were using Professional Series. We don't bend that way so we had to come up with the solution of leaving a "tail" long enough to grab. :lmao:
LOL... or you can always grab the paper first. :rolleyes1

Oh my.

These guys used to have a sign that said HELP ME.:laughing:

IMG_0015.jpg
I never saw these guys before!

IMG_0051.jpg
LOL Marv looks a little scared!

We then visited the kiosk in Liberty square and it was already closed for the night. Boo. Just like trying to get a drink in EPCOT after Illuminations. :headache:
UGH... the worst!

I am all caught up !!! Loved Marv in the Mine Train:rotfl2: Still learning the New Dis, as you can see on my thread have figured out the new pix posting !!!What don't w\see is how to previewthe post before posting !!!:sad2:

I was happy to see this was only 9 pages!!!! Trying to catch up around here....

Hey, I guess I am trying to help. :) Meant to get to another one soon but today got derailed with an unplanned car accident. :crazy2:

I've never taken a picture with the umbrella. I think I need to try to change that.

Yes you do. ::yes::

I do not look at that control panel the same way anymore.

Coolpic! Love the colors!

Thanks

The joys of touring without kids!

Yes it is.

FP+ in general makes for some unusual wait times in unusual places but thisis typical for late in the day. Still not waiting in it.

That does look weird!

I guess overall easier to deal with but you don't normally think of planets just disappearing. :rotfl2: Sorry Pluto.. I guess that was just reclassifed.

Oh, you should of!

Oh I wanted to and may have another time. :rolleyes1

UGH... we seem to have bad luck with this too.

I tried email this last time and well I will spoil it and say I got one but didn't receive ir or notice it until AFTER we attempted to check in. :sad2:

Ah yes, the humidity. I forgot about that part. :rolleyes2

Makes my hair curl.....:rotfl2:

I'm done with winter.... we had it rough. February was our coldest on record. We averaged 15 degrees for the month. Totally nuts.

Yes you have. ICK 15 degrees :cold: We just have bad weeks and not so bad weeks. 3 days in a row not going above freezing is about all I can take now. That's why I moved south, I had to wear too many clothes in the winter and I hate feeling so constricted.

LOL... or you can always grab the paper first. :rolleyes1

:idea: Now that's using your noggin.

That was the FP line!!!! :scared1:

I never saw these guys before!

You have to look UP!

LOL Marv looks a little scared!

Yes he does !!!! :rotfl2:

UGH... the worst!

:drinking1Yup.... Oh wait that was about the cards. :laughing:

Have to go back to catch up, but here I am and I just again updated my TR!!!!

Glad you made it over- I never did send something out. Meant to ... Just never got around to it and then the update... :crazy2:

I am all caught up !!! Loved Marv in the Mine Train:rotfl2: Still learning the New Dis, as you can see on my thread have figured out the new pix posting !!!What don't w\see is how to previewthe post before posting !!!:sad2:

I can help with that - If you press the more options button, the preview is there.

This is a great picture of the castle! I love that view and the lighting here makes it even a bit mystical...

IMG_0051.jpg

I can tell that the two of you are having fun - Marv really gets into his element with silly faces on attractions! :rotfl2:

And Happy Birthday Marv!! Were you there for his real birthday or were you just celebrating it? I feel like a very bad friend that I have no idea when your birthdays are...:blush:

A warning in the bathroom.:scared:

IMG_0065.jpg

Yes, we call that the "Don't drink out of the toilette (are people really THAT stupid?) sign". Kind of getting close to the "Disneyland contains chemicals that can cause cancer" sign.

That was a fun summer evening in the MK! I think the mine train will always be difficult to take good pictures of. You can't flash either as it kills the eyes on the dwarves...

:confused3:rotfl2:QUOTE="Poolrat, post: 53197523, member: 173074"]I can help with that - If you press the more options button, the preview is there.[/QUOTE]
Thanks Pat!! My eyes are very bad I just fully saw that your icon is a lady with a swim ring , I thought it was a WELL endowed lady !!:rotfl2:

Mark, nobody forced me to do the tea cups. I'm not big on spinning rides after having some issues in the past, but this time I gave it a try willingly.........with stipulations. Pat never has tried to force me to do something I didn't want to. Now coercion, shame and guilt on the other hand.........

Magdalene, that trip was pretty much right in between both of our Birthdays.

Last edited:
Magdalene, that trip was pretty much right in between both of our Birthdays.

I have seen you posting on my trip report as well and just wanted to say that while I take notice of your new tag line, I am very happy that you decided to take up the chore in order to stay in touch with us here on the DIS!!! :cool1: I missed you and am very happy that you are at least putting in a few posts!! Hopefully the new DIS will grow on you a little at least!

I have seen you posting on my trip report as well and just wanted to say that while I take notice of your new tag line, I am very happy that you decided to take up the chore in order to stay in touch with us here on the DIS!!! :cool1: I missed you and am very happy that you are at least putting in a few posts!! Hopefully the new DIS will grow on you a little at least!
Chore is probably Rev 3 or 4 of my tagline after struggling to clean up what I really wanted to say........

Yes, posting again a little after somebody put a guilt trip on me about hanging them with an ongoing TR to do alone. .....no names mentioned. Actually, if it wasn't for wanting to keep contact open with some wonderful and dear friends here on the DIS (that I can't text or IM on other sites), I probably would remain a frequent reader and extremely rare poster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter