Poolrat and GoofyFan's Great Adventure- Wilderness in August edition- 8/15 Last day REALLY !!!!!

I saw most of the HM's but not so sure about these that I quoted...

Is it the blobs in the lower right in this one? If so, that's a stretch. (But not for you Pat!) ;)

IMG_0383.jpg

No idea in this one:

I think there's one behind that guy! Did he not see you trying to take a picture?!

Is it the pink flower brush strokes in the middle? Another stretch!

The parking lot where we just stayed

Sheesh, Marv should spring for a room. ;)

I saw most of the HM's but not so sure about these that I quoted...

Is it the blobs in the lower right in this one? If so, that's a stretch. (But not for you Pat!) ;)

No idea in this one:

I think there's one behind that guy! Did he not see you trying to take a picture?!

Is it the pink flower brush strokes in the middle? Another stretch!

We actually had the CM pointing them out to use after we tried to find them on our own. With the pictures behind the desk and in somewhat shadowy light I was very challenged. Add in the crap the camera decided to pull with not focusing and I am sorry they are so hard. :sad1: There were sometime the CM pointed and I even went well Ok if you say so. :rotfl2: hoping the picture would clear up the issue but nope....

Sheesh, Marv should spring for a room. ;)

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: We actually had a good VIEW of that parking lot and compared to some of the DVC resorts it is very convenient. Probably not comfortable but convenient.

:rotfl2:Poor Pat sleeping in a Parking Lot :rolleyes::sad2: If Glenn is talking about HM's then I have to agree , pretty illusive:scratchin:rotfl2:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Oh my I need to bump this up if I was the last to post:rotfl2:

I guess I need to visit more often.... :scared1:

Almost missed these on the previous page.....

Ugh! So many walls and crappy looking construction. Sad day for wrecking the lovely bubble the Poly usually is. boo!

But, those HMs are totally cool! I'd have NEVER found those! Ever. Very nice!

It was so sad.... I guess I should repost ( i think I posted new Poly pics but it has been so long I have even forgotten)

Some of those HM were impossible to see.

Wow, they really did a number on the Poly while you were there. No wonder so many people were complaining about the walls. But I'm looking forward to seeing it with the walls gone!

Oh it was so hard to see. I am happy to report that it looks great now. Maybe I should find those pictures....

Found a few..... I did like the old one but this makes it feel so open.

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

Walked back to the TTC and then back to MK.

Time was….

IMG_0420.jpg

The storm ripped the canopy off.

IMG_0421.jpg

Apparently our final destination was not MK.

Was it

IMG_0423.jpg

Nope it was

IMG_0422.jpg

This may have been where where I realized they stopped the busses from TTC to the other theme parks? I thought we learned that a while ago but then again this was a while ago. :rolleyes1 What made this worse is that I didn't listen to Marv and take a bus from the Poly, remembering that it took a really long time once. Well a DHS bus was pulling in as we were walking over and then no bus required us to go back to MK. Ugh
Hey look a bus.

IMG_0424.jpg

And here we are.

IMG_0425.jpg

The former tip board now has kiosks.

IMG_0426.jpg

Apparently we had FP+ for

IMG_0427.jpg

The evil crayon.

IMG_0428.jpg

The final score

IMG_0429.jpg

The FP+ kiosks were gone from the TSMM area.

IMG_0430.jpg

This was next.

IMG_0431.jpg

Can’t tell but we usually do single rider.

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

More focusing trouble

IMG_0435.jpg

Yup single rider

IMG_0436.jpg

I guess the wait got to him.

IMG_0437.jpg

This was next.

IMG_0438.jpg

Not sure?

This help?

IMG_0439.jpg

Blast from version 1.0 Rex

IMG_0444.jpg

This reminds me of the auto pilot in Airplane.

IMG_0446.jpg

Moving on to muppets

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

I think we worked up a thirst.

IMG_0459.jpg

From the Margarita stand near our last stop. We had a 9pm FP+ for …

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

[

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

I believe we were all done after that.

We had an opening show to get to the next morning.

I miss the waterfall, but I think overall I do like the more open lobby. It feels more like a deluxe that way.

I miss it too. Some people say that is the "smell" of the Poly but to me it just smells like pool :rotfl2:. I do miss that feel of the waterfall but I like the open lighter feeling of the new lobby.

:rotfl2::rotfl2: Nice work, Marv.

He has mastered the snooze pic.

Hey, did you guys do ok with all of the flooding down that way? Hope you're all right.

We both did. My area only had a couple of inches of rain total and Marv had some but all is good in our neck of the woods as well as the path between. Our area really dodged a bullet as did my backyard.

We have spending lots of time dealing with drainage in/through my backyard and I am happy to say all our efforts really came through during this last storm.

Columbia SC is a mess and water is still flowing towards the coast. Columbia has no potable water and while the rain has stopped, the water continues to flow from upstream. Dams still breaking and so many roads and bridges washed out. Such a horrible situation.

Columbia is only about 90 min from either of us and such different conditions between the areas.

Was thinking about you guys for a few days there. Texted Marv (I need your number too, Dearie!) and heard all was ok!

You guys were certainly on a roll with your funstuffs! I really wanna ride on ToT with y'all

IN 1 YEAR FROM NOW!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Well I am back and doing my usual Sunday catch up !!! Michael was wonderfully annoying as usuaul. Without Marv around Carol was his LOVE!!! He sorely tried her LOVE at times , but that is Michael. I think the best moment was when posing with Marilyn Monroe , she called him HANDSOME, he just beemed for the next half hour !!! That's our Michael !!

The pics of the Polynesian new lobby make me kind of sad...the Polynesian Village was our home away from home for many years and it just looks so different now...not sure it will ever feel the same. If Sophia ever wants to go back to Disney (and we find an outstanding pet sitter), maybe we'll stay again...Mia has loads of childhood memories from all our Poly stays. Sophia's passion is horses and I doubt she will have any desire for a Disney trip for a very long time, if ever.

Thank goodness, you did not have any damage from the storms. So much of SC and some of NC was just awful, so sad. On the way to Sophia's school we saw a side street blocked off and a car stuck with water up to the windows. One of the streets we take to her school was terrible...we could not believe the amount of flooding.

Love the pics! Hope you both are doing well. :)

Well I am back and doing my usual Sunday catch up !!! Michael was wonderfully annoying as usuaul. Without Marv around Carol was his LOVE!!! He sorely tried her LOVE at times , but that is Michael. I think the best moment was when posing with Marilyn Monroe , she called him HANDSOME, he just beemed for the next half hour !!! That's our Michael !!
I don't think Marv being around would have had ANY impact on Carol being Michael's LOVE! :rolleyes1 If there is one thing Michael seems to like more than dancing, it would be a beautiful woman hanging all over him...........:)

The pics of the Polynesian new lobby make me kind of sad...the Polynesian Village was our home away from home for many years and it just looks so different now...not sure it will ever feel the same. If Sophia ever wants to go back to Disney (and we find an outstanding pet sitter), maybe we'll stay again...Mia has loads of childhood memories from all our Poly stays. Sophia's passion is horses and I doubt she will have any desire for a Disney trip for a very long time, if ever.

Thank goodness, you did not have any damage from the storms. So much of SC and some of NC was just awful, so sad. On the way to Sophia's school we saw a side street blocked off and a car stuck with water up to the windows. One of the streets we take to her school was terrible...we could not believe the amount of flooding.

The Poly lobby really isn't that bad. I think you would like it better in person than the pictures can do it justice. Glad you liked the pictures........yes, we are doing well. :sunny:

Good Gracious November has been just as busy as Oct. I believe I am mostly caught up so now hopefully I can get this done.

Was thinking about you guys for a few days there. Texted Marv (I need your number too, Dearie!) and heard all was ok!

You guys were certainly on a roll with your funstuffs! I really wanna ride on ToT with y'all

IN 1 YEAR FROM NOW!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

You have my number now. :) You are officially my next trip. Yup nothing planned between now and then..... Trying to re-stock on all the points I have been borrowing. :rotfl2:

Can't wait to hear all about it.

The Poly has a different feel overall but it is not so bad. I can really say I like it. Cannot believe all the water we have had this month. 9 inches, a new record. I am ready for the rain to stop. I am not ready for the snow to start but I am wishing for a couple of good snow days, in the middle of the week with no doubt for it to close things down for a few days. :hyper:

Thank you friends for sticking around - hopefully someone is out there. I hope to have some time to write a bunch and then all I have to do is find time to post.

Don't stress too much, Pat! We will be here when you have time to update. I can really relate to not having as much time as one used to have. :goodvibes

Thank you friends for sticking around - hopefully someone is out there. I hope to have some time to write a bunch and then all I have to do is find time to post.

I am out there!!!! While I am looking forward to reading more about your trip, I also very much hope that you will have some time to just enjoy live without a lot of stress!!

Trying to re-stock on all the points I have been borrowing. :rotfl2:

I know that feeling, but which DVC member doesn't???

Hope this uses the correct quote because I have still not figured out this new board! lol

When are the dates of the big trip next year? Maybe I can sneak down for a couple of days and join the fun. :grouphug: :flower1: :cool1:

Please, Pat, we're always here ...I even come back to look at your pics sometimes because these are so good it's help me remember my happy place....especially the bathrooms and monkey. ::yes::

Hey, as long as we are exchanges numbers...why don't I have yours and Marv's? Still think of my dad every time I type your name, Marv. Thanks! :love:

Well it is sunday again , BUT I am off all day tomorrow and apart from apossible Kyle dentist appointment I am free all day, only problem is Kyle will most likely stay home and Steph and Marquis are off so I have a feeling Dis will not be on the schedule for me with them !!!!:rotfl2:

Don't stress too much, Pat! We will be here when you have time to update. I can really relate to not having as much time as one used to have. :goodvibes

I think everyone here is pretty busy lately. I really appreciate the good words as I need to remind myself. There is light at the end of the tunnel now, I just hope it is not the oncoming train. :rotfl2:

I am out there!!!! While I am looking forward to reading more about your trip, I also very much hope that you will have some time to just enjoy live without a lot of stress!!

I know that feeling, but which DVC member doesn't???

Stress is subsiding somewhat, at least for now job wise.

I vowed to let my points re-stock, now to just let that happen...

Hope this uses the correct quote because I have still not figured out this new board! lol

When are the dates of the big trip next year? Maybe I can sneak down for a couple of days and join the fun. :grouphug: :flower1: :cool1:

Please, Pat, we're always here ...I even come back to look at your pics sometimes because these are so good it's help me remember my happy place....especially the bathrooms and monkey. ::yes::

Hey, as long as we are exchanges numbers...why don't I have yours and Marv's? Still think of my dad every time I type your name, Marv. Thanks! :love:

I do hope to at least keep moving forward, even if it slowly. I appreciate all the good thoughts.

Just sent you a text with my number.....:wave: Next years trip is set for Oct 14- somewhere before the 22nd I think.
End date not firm yet but I booked the date since BCV is so hard to get during food and wine.
I do think you did sneak down there recently????

Well it is sunday again , BUT I am off all day tomorrow and apart from apossible Kyle dentist appointment I am free all day, only problem is Kyle will most likely stay home and Steph and Marquis are off so I have a feeling Dis will not be on the schedule for me with them !!!!:rotfl2:

I hear you Rosie. Just peek in when you can!!!

You have my number now. :) You are officially my next trip. Yup nothing planned between now and then..... Trying to re-stock on all the points I have been borrowing. :rotfl2:

Had to take a long break from the DIS, but am back now, and just getting caught up. :)

I love that you've booked your trip, and that I'm #1. LOL! You will make a GREAT DIS-er-Meeter-Upper! Can't wait for all the fun we'll all have! You should have the plans I sent you as well, so you guys take a peek and see what you think. Feel free to suggest tweaks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!