Poolrat and GoofyFan's Great Adventure- Wilderness in August edition- 8/15 Last day REALLY !!!!!

I realized I forgot a whole day. So MEGA update time since I Have these 2 posts.

Sat Aug 9th 2014- Movin' on up

After a long day yesterday with waking up at 5 am and driving to the Sunshine state, checking in at an off site establishment for the night and hitting up DHS and STAYING for the Frozen fireworks, we were up out of that room by 7:30am.

It was a fine room as that Hampton is, fine. Good thing about Hamptons is they all look alike, and are usually comfortable and that particular night was free. I had points saved up and thought free was good.

Hampton also has free hot breakfast so that is where we were heading first.

IMG_9507.jpg

By 8:30 we were packed up again and now heading onto property via the back super secret way we found yesterday.

The CM was waiting for us…

IMG_9523.jpg

IMG_9528.jpg

As expected the room was not ready. After confirming that they had the phone number to text me when it was ( again ) we were ready to head to the park. For those who do not remember, I apparently am on the Do not Text list and have a rather bad streak of not receiving a text when the room is ready. Mostly at my home resort ( beach club) but we shall see if the trend continues.

And down to the dock. How else would you get to MK?

Mermaid I is our transport today.

IMG_9540.jpg

LOOK AT ALL THOSE PEOPLE!!!!!

IMG_9552.jpg

GoofyFan himself, posing with well Goofy

IMG_9557.jpg

Our First FP + of the morning?

IMG_9559.jpg

After missing the opening by a couple of week in May this was going to be the first thing we did in MK. We hoped to be early enough to get in stand-By and then ride again using FP+. How did that work out today?

A stand by time of… 65 min um NO - Guess it is just FP+ today.

Up, up and away

IMG_9573.jpg

What did I think? I think it is a great kiddie coaster for Fantasyland. Think Barnstormer. Do I wish it was longer? Absolutely but given the land they had to work with and that it was a late addition to the plans, the imagineers did a nice job.

No dump shop to roam through we were in NFL with about an hour to kill. We see this.

IMG_9587.jpg

And go NAH the wait is always long. We have a FP+ for later in the week.

And then see this… stand by wait of 20 min

Well, why not. Marv has not been through the standby queue, only the FP queue.
We both just sat an enjoyed the show. We still had about 40 minutes until our next FP+ window was open. We strolled over to Ariel and it was a walk on. This must be the side effect of the 7DMT. Everything else is a walk on.

Walking so fast through the queue that this is the first picture that wasn’t too blurry.

IMG_9620.jpg

We STILL had about 15 minutes and our next FP+ was close so we stopped and looked here.

IMG_9642.jpg

If you are wondering what this is or why it is here, it doubles at the DVC booth.

IMG_9648.jpg

Once I saw that map I knew there Hidden Mickeys to be found.

IMG_9649.jpg

It was time to start the walk towards our next FP+

A celebration in the kingdom.

IMG_9660.jpg

We were asked to tap our bands to alert the princesses we have arrived.

IMG_9661.jpg

Who were our princesses today – None other than Anna and Elsa.

IMG_9665.jpg

Someone wanted his own picture with Anna.

IMG_9666.jpg

We had a bit of a wait for Elsa so I used my time wisely.

IMG_9680.jpg

IMG_9679.jpg

It was time for a snack. It was time to hunt down the infamous cake cups in Fantasyland. I know it is kind of early for a cake cup but the last time I tried they were out. So Let them eat cake for brunch.

The first thing I had to do was

IMG_9687.jpg

Off with her head.

Cute sprinkles - I like sweet but this was a major sugar rush. After we got our sugar rush we set out through Tomorrowland.

The Astro Orbiter was having some refurb.

It was a little strange seeing EVERYTHING gone from up there.

IMG_9692.jpg

Where were we heading???? Space Mountain of course.

We got split between cars…

IMG_9698.jpg

IMG_9699.jpg

Back on earth it was time to walk back over to Fantasyland ….

It was getting close to lunch time.

Where was lunch? None other than Beast’s Place.

We shared the roast beef because it is a big enough portion and has nothing I can’t have.

IMG_9709.jpg

I do get the horseradish sauce on the side because I am sure it has some soy so I try to limit it. However because of how their kitchen is set up to serve I can only get it without sauce and then have a CM get it for me afterwards. You can see in the picture I already got extra ketchup because well I like fries with my ketchup. I think they had no little dishes so they could not fill one with horseradish sauce. So that was a bit of an effort to get the sauce, which by the way is really tasty on the sandwich.

After lunch we suckered some poor soul…. I mean asked someone to take out picture. I was in position to pinch the Prince with no pants but for the picture I refrained.

IMG_9711.jpg

We knew in Aug it would be time for a break so we headed out. I had not gotten a text yet but with my past track record of NEVER getting them, I was gambling that our room was ready.

We head out and miss getting on an enclosed boat bythis much. No worries another boat was coming.

Last edited:
Continued...
Service to WL has enclosed boats that have a larger capacity and open boats with limited capacity. Why does this matter???

Well “N” an open boat came next.

IMG_9712.jpg

Sort of hard to see but dark clouds were on their way for sure.

Well the captain gets off and there is chatter back and forth about lightning. I have my weatherbug app with SPARK® lightning indicator and I was just wondering how long they wait.

I am pretty sure we were in the visible lightning stage but no rain yet. Captain confirmed we will need to wait for an enclosed boat because of the proximity.

Hey I am cool with that….

Well they also reverse the loop midday and now this boat will go straight to the Fort and then onto WL.

Yup here it comes

IMG_9714.jpg

Remnants of River County.

IMG_9718.jpg

IMG_9720.jpg

Almost looks like people just left their stuff and ran.

We dock and
I head up to the Front desk to check about the room and they tell me a text was sent at 11:15… it was close to 3pm now.

Um well if it was sent it did not get to my phone. Ugh the blacklist continues.

All is good. Again first day – I know to go check if I haven’t heard and this was a natural break in our plans.

Marv went to get the car and bring it around so we could unload. We let Bell Services unload the luggage and bring it to the room. We both knew the rain was coming and we had minutes to spare. I went to the room while Marv re-parked the car ,since it would take a minute for the luggage to follow.

Where would the room be?
All the way at the end of the hall.

IMG_9756.jpg

Hard to really tell but it was pouring. The best part – not on me. Or Marv, I hoped.

US 1 RAIN 0.

I had gotten a text from Marv saying he was looking for a place to park and waiting for the rain to least let up before attempting to run for it. He was for the moment safe and dry in the car.

Luggage arrived and he made it back to the room soon after. Apparently Bell Services was waiting for the rain to let up as well. As it does in Florida in August it does not last too terribly long.

We took the opportunity to unpack and get settled as we would be there a while. We also make a shopping list so we could get gas and pick up the extra provisions we needed for the week.

A little while later we headed out to do our errands. The rain had stopped but of course the humidity had not.

We head to the Walmart. I know the crazy busy sometimes scary Walmart. But they have a Murphy gas and I get an additional .05 cents off a gallon there.

Even though we were outside the “bubble” we were not far from Disney eyes.

IMG_9781.jpg

We got our shopping done and loaded back in the car and realized everyone needs to shop. Even if you are in New Fantasyland.

IMG_9783.jpg

Now to get back in that bubble. Easier said than done.

We took a different way back. Not really sure why but we made a right and then another right. W. Osceola Parkway. We agree that will get us back on property. Dun Dun Dunnnnnnn

We get down the access ramp and……

THERE IS A TOLLBOOTH!!!!!! We can’t back up, we can’t turn around. I am sure there were signs that it was a toll road but not big enough for us to realize. There is only a basket no actual toll booth so you need exact change. AND CHANGE !!!! The toll was $1.00.

Geek and Nerd picture of the area.
20150118_110850.jpg

Once again we are caught off guard and scrambling to pay. Luckily I am a NY girl and some habits die hard with me. In NY we have toll booths often. You ever find yourself in Jersey and want to get home, you need to pay a toll. Go upstate and the Thruway will get you every couple of miles. You always need change. If fact, you learn to slow down enough with your fistful of change, throw lefty into the basket and know how long you have to wait for all the coins to go down so you get the green light without actually coming to a complete stop. Missing the basket is a disaster, faced with public ridicule from other drivers as well those you are riding with and the tolls DO NOT take pennies.

I do not recall ever missing the basket, couple of close calls maybe as the coins take the long way around the basket, and it was not me trying to hand the driver pennies to pay.

Once we get over the shock of the surprise tollbooth, I fall back on my survival techniques of days gone by, the time when I started driving and ended up at the surprise tollbooths and my first car that actually had coin holders in the console, that I felt the need to always keep full, just in case and remember that I have a stash of quarters in a little hidden holder on the left side of the driver on the lower side of the dashboard. Marv is driving, so I make him aware of my emergency toll money, and he throws the 4 quarters in the basket, does NOT miss, and we are able to pass through.

Soon we are seeing this again.

IMG_9784.jpg

Probably our first official pass under the arch this trip.

We make it back to the resort.

We didn’t have much and it was put away quickly so we headed back out where we were sure there would be no more tolls. A boat quickly appeared tonight.
It was about 20 min dock to dock. Then the train to Frontierland and we were here in no time.

IMG_9793.jpg

Not too bad if I do say so myself.
The weather had cleared. This was about 7pm. How I long for the long days of summer again.

IMG_9798.jpg

We went to Liberty Square to get some more Sorcerer Cards and played until it got dark. I am sure dinner was in there too at some point.

A trip past the tangled bathrooms at night.

IMG_9804.jpg

Then a stop to see the 999 ghosts.
My Madam was blurry

But I did get a Mickey

IMG_9815.jpg

She is the one who says Hurry back…..

IMG_9816.jpg

Now we are ready to hurry out.

We make our escape.
We set sail back to our resort by the full moon. This full Moon…. Quit getting THOSE ideas…

IMG_9824.jpg

We are ready to go by the Contemporary and we need to let a very important vessel pass.

The EWP is making the rounds.
IMG_9827.jpg

Would this be our only glimpse? Let’s just say EWP – 1 :rolleyes1

Last edited:
Well Crap No titles- I might as well try to post an update since I have a "top of the page"
Please bear with me - Not sure these pictures will post the old way but until I am done with what I have done that way I will use it if it works - Don't want to have to redo everything - I am slow enough already.

I don't bend that way!!!!!

Day 3- Aug 10th 2014.

In an effort to relax we opted to sleep in this morning. It was a beautiful morning and we wanted some early pool time before it got oppressive.

Marv probably ran down to Roaring Forks to get us some grub to eat in the room and I made coffee.

I think I had a few minutes of this.

As we settled in to the room we realized the bathroom had a major design flaw.

You had to be a contortionist to reach the toilet paper. But hey at least they were using Professional Series. We don't bend that way so we had to come up with the solution of leaving a "tail" long enough to grab. :lmao:

It was going to be a pool morning. We got our stuff together and headed down. This may have been the day we circled the Main pool only to find no seats so we ended up back at the Villa pool.

Ahhhhhh

I only took my phone down, not the waterproof camera so no other pictures. It was nice after a couple of early mornings to be able to relax outside and get some sun to prove I was actually on vacation.

As it normally would that time of year the dark cloud began to roll in about 3pm. I was checking the weather app and we timed it pretty well to get back up to the room.

As soon as we were back in the room

US 2 RAIN 0. Technology is wonderful. :banana:

We showered and got ready to venture out. I also took a closer look outside on the building end of the verandah.

There is a sign on that fence.

Well I guess that walkway won’t work as any sort of cut – short or long.

About 5:15 with threat of heavy rain mostly gone, we headed out. Opting for the bus this time.

We really only waited 6 min. I guess I made the best of the wait.
Yes we head over to MK.
Do we stay dry? Stay tuned.....

Last edited:
We get back on Main Street and I see something I had NEVER seen before….

And I hear something new – From the loud speakers on Main Street. Music and singing- " Jingle Jingle, Splash Splash Just how long will that rain going to last?" They had the characters in the car, and the music playing. Way to turn raindrops into rainbows Disney. We were going up the street just after it passed so it took me a minute to figure it out but it was cute.

We were heading to Tomorrowland. Our FP+ selections were

- Space (6:20-7:20), BTMRR (8:30-9:30), 7DMT (9:30-10:30 for night ride)

We had some time before Space would open up so checked out the people mover. Apparently other had the same idea. Long line but it is continuous load so a slllllooooowwww walk.

My foot looks sunburnt but I know it wasn’t

More Empty orbiter photos.

Some time before our window opens so CoP it is.

I did hear no Photography at all this time so again not wanting to end up in Disney Jail no more pics. Sometimes it is no flash and sometimes none at all.

Bio stop in Tomorrowland.

I like this counter top.:)

Our guess is that SM was down earlier in the day. Why you may ask would I guess that? Well let’s follow Marv to the end of the FP line.

Going

Going

Finally

Stand by was 75 min

While we creep up to the entrance

Futuristic Palm trees

About 15 minutes late we were running through the tunnel, there was really no line inside

You are probably think just wait and the line will go down….

When we got out….

Nope not yet and we had our night still in front of us and were waiting to eat until after SM.

Dinner for tonight.

I settled in and found a table near the entertainment.

I had the chicken

Marv had the chicken sandwich.

We made the necessary adjustments for my allergies and my French fry addiction.

We Enjoyed Sonny Eclipse and then set out for Adventure.

Last edited:

Oh hey - we are not limited to 25 images anymore........:banana:

Some color issues and some of the PB link issues that will go away when when I don't use links anymore. Still waiting for that last one to show up.

Well yes we are but I think smilies do not count anymore.:confused3

Last edited:
:hyper:Looks like you're staying dry so far. Was it the kind of rain that cools things off a little or the rain that just makes it more steamy?

Terrible line for SM, but nice ride on the People Mover. It's a must for us every trip.

When we eat at Cosmic Ray we have to sit with the entertainment too.

WOW that was a long line! :scared1: I love relaxing on the People mover.

The SM line was UNREAL. Even the People mover, we were doing the shuffle. People mover is also a must do for us!!.

:hyper:Looks like you're staying dry so far. Was it the kind of rain that cools things off a little or the rain that just makes it more steamy?

Terrible line for SM, but nice ride on the People Mover. It's a must for us every trip.

When we eat at Cosmic Ray we have to sit with the entertainment too.

So far we are dry.... but it is August. Most of our rain was the storm blowing in and dumping but I cannot say it took any of the humidity down. However I have had much, much worse, even at different times of year. These storms were more annoying than anything else, just somethings else to plan around. :rolleyes:

It had been a while since I was in Cosmic Ray's so it was time to listen to Sonny again. :teeth:

:yay::yay::yay: for pool time. And even better that you were on top of that weather and when it would rain and you dashed that.

How nice with the rain they have that little car with the characters. WOW that is one crazy line for Space Mountain (although I wouldn't be doing it as I don't do Space Mountain anymore). Nice dinner at Cosmic Rays; we've never sit by Sonny.

A relaxed morning, sleeping in and some pool time. What a way to start the day.

Those lines at the Peoplemover and Space look somehow familiar. :rotfl2:Looks like some days in 2013. ;)
Food looks good!

Please bear with me - Not sure these pictures will post the old way but until I am done with what I have done that way I will use it if it works - Don't want to have to redo everything - I am slow enough already.

I haven't tried posting a new chapter since the changes, so I'm sure this will be a learning experience for all of us!

Well, that certainly is a problem. It might have been better to dangle it from the ceiling!

US 2 RAIN 0. Technology is wonderful. :banana:

Man, you guys are GOOD!
http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/patdaly725/media/Aug 8-16/Aug 10/20140810_125112.jpg.html

:faint:

And another :faint:

Thank goodness for FP!

Look at that. What a team!

Okay - I was able to post and make a link with NO difficulty. I hear you do not have to "host" your pictures anymore. If you have stuff already with links just use them, I did. :)
The only problem I had was a stray {/URL} at the end of each picture that I just edited to delete.

The link is the same for a single post- Click on the post number ----- then the link actually presents in a pop up. Like it says in the instructions - copy and paste right into your TOC and your title is there too so if you change it with new posts, Just take out the main part of the title to leave the update title, format with size and color and your are done!!!!

:yay::yay::yay: for pool time. And even better that you were on top of that weather and when it would rain and you dashed that.

How nice with the rain they have that little car with the characters. WOW that is one crazy line for Space Mountain (although I wouldn't be doing it as I don't do Space Mountain anymore). Nice dinner at Cosmic Rays; we've never sit by Sonny.

Yes pool time was a priority this trip knowing how hot it would be and we vowed to pace ourselves. :rotfl2:

THAT WAS THE SM FP return line!!!!!! :rotfl2: Sonny is just so much fun.

A relaxed morning, sleeping in and some pool time. What a way to start the day.

Those lines at the Peoplemover and Space look somehow familiar. :rotfl2:Looks like some days in 2013. ;)
Food looks good!

Pool time was important to us in the heat of August. Yup somethings never change do they? :laughing:

It was - We need to remember that ...:scratchin

I haven't tried posting a new chapter since the changes, so I'm sure this will be a learning experience for all of us!

I was worried but I figured it out. :thumbsup2

Well, that certainly is a problem. It might have been better to dangle it from the ceiling!

To try and reach over or under your right shoulder, especially with your right arm would be a trick. I get that there is no where else to put it but really? That does not seem like a great solution.

Man, you guys are GOOD!

Stay tuned - we get better.:thumbsup2

And another :faint:

I think everyone was in tomorrowland.

Thank goodness for FP!

THAT WAS THE FP LINE!!!!!! :eek:

Look at that. What a team!

Yup we make a good one!!! :love:

I've been putting off posting an update, because I'm nervous about the new system! Plus, I don't have a ton of time today, since I've got to go out and snow blow AGAIN! But seriously, no titles?! Ugh.

That's a great way to start the morning, sitting on the balcony sipping some coffee.

YES! I thought the same thing when we stayed there in November. At first I didn't notice it and I thought that I had lost my mind and didn't know where the toilet paper was!

You saw the rainy day cavalcade!

Yeah, no one wants to go to Disney jail. Best you went with taking no pictures.

Hahaha, you should have just asked them for fries with the chicken instead! :laughing:

I've been putting off posting an update, because I'm nervous about the new system! Plus, I don't have a ton of time today, since I've got to go out and snow blow AGAIN! But seriously, no titles?! Ugh.

That's a great way to start the morning, sitting on the balcony sipping some coffee.

YES! I thought the same thing when we stayed there in November. At first I didn't notice it and I thought that I had lost my mind and didn't know where the toilet paper was!

You saw the rainy day cavalcade!

Yeah, no one wants to go to Disney jail. Best you went with taking no pictures.

Hahaha, you should have just asked them for fries with the chicken instead! :laughing:

I figured out how to update the title on the thread it self but I don't see a title option for a post.

Other than that I am a glutton for punishment because I was so curious to see how much of a hassle it would be to post an update. I was looking to be frustrated but really didn't have much trouble. :confused3

I know you guys got hammered. I do not miss the NE AT ALL. We maybe for a good bagel and pizza. :lmao:

The toilet paper was awkward- just can't bend THAT way. :laughing:

That was a first - the rainy day Cavalcade. :umbrella: I am guessing no 3pm parade and that was a suitable substitute.

I have some nice CoP pictures and know the no flash thing but not NO pictures at ALL. That seems excessive. How else do you find the IKEA frame and what is on the bulletin board? ;)

Marv wanted the beans and mashed taters and I always want the fries so it worked out great.
If I was alone it would have been let me have double fries for the taters and beans. :idea:

Last edited:
Following along to this one seeing as how i was too late for the last one. Between TR's from IheartDDuck, MEK, KatMark, and you I may just come fully out of "lurkedom" and have me seriously considering doing some sort of never-ending AP TR. I swear that's not as creepy stalker as it may read. o_O

Anyhow I will take daily 3pm showers over shoveling snow any day now the heat is another issue. We really liked the Frozen Summer Fun too even though we aren't the biggest Frozen Fans, I thought it added some much needed nightly entertainment. I'm super jealous of your stay at the WL TP issue and all I'm crossing my fingers and laying down heavy hints to hope to get to stay there for the weekend for my b-day. That line was crazy for SM I would have seen it said NOPE and ran in the other direction. The roast Chicken looks delicious I've always wanted to try it but I'm super picky now I may just have to.

What an incredibly long FP line!!! Crazy!!

I am glad that you were able to swap out your sides to adjust your meals! That is definitely a bonus of non-solo travel!

I saw that you commented on pictures and links to them and having to delete some of the code. Somehow this seemed to have made the text a hyperlink as well. When I tested that it took me to one of your pictures and I noticed that the code you get in the field that is called IMG at photobucket is different from what I get. When I went into my settings and enabled getting a code for thumbnails, this is exactly what I got. Maybe you can get the correct code by selecting a different option of which codes to display fro your pictures. The one that I get works without problem, did not have to delete anything at all.

The code I saw next to your picture was: [ x URL = xttp://s1226.photobucket.com/user/patdaly725/media/Aug%208-16/Aug%2010/IMG_9856.jpg.html][ x IMG x ]xttp://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee404/patdaly725/Aug%208-16/Aug%2010/IMG_9856.jpg[ x /IMG x ][ x /URL x ]

Mine is: [ x IMG x ] xttp://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac166/magdaleneTR/DSC06315.jpg [ x /IMG x ]

Following along to this one seeing as how i was too late for the last one. Between TR's from IheartDDuck, MEK, KatMark, and you I may just come fully out of "lurkedom" and have me seriously considering doing some sort of never-ending AP TR. I swear that's not as creepy stalker as it may read. o_O

Anyhow I will take daily 3pm showers over shoveling snow any day now the heat is another issue. We really liked the Frozen Summer Fun too even though we aren't the biggest Frozen Fans, I thought it added some much needed nightly entertainment. I'm super jealous of your stay at the WL TP issue and all I'm crossing my fingers and laying down heavy hints to hope to get to stay there for the weekend for my b-day. That line was crazy for SM I would have seen it said NOPE and ran in the other direction. The roast Chicken looks delicious I've always wanted to try it but I'm super picky now I may just have to.

:welcome:I have seen you around and am glad you are out of "lurkedom" We are a fun bunch and don't bit ( Much - only when we are hangry:rotfl2:)

Thunderstorms are way better than endless snowstorms and the cold shoveling that goes along with it.

VWL was nice- I would go back in a minute, even with the toilet paper situation. :teeth: Once you figure that out it is easy to deal with for the most part. I hope you get that b-day stay :thumbsup2

As for SM it was a nutty FP line but we had that and nothing else pressing to do so we just sucked it up.

That chicken was good and I am picky, not just because of my stupid allergies but this was good hot and tasty. Most definitely on the list to do again.

What an incredibly long FP line!!! Crazy!!

I am glad that you were able to swap out your sides to adjust your meals! That is definitely a bonus of non-solo travel!

I saw that you commented on pictures and links to them and having to delete some of the code. Somehow this seemed to have made the text a hyperlink as well. When I tested that it took me to one of your pictures and I noticed that the code you get in the field that is called IMG at photobucket is different from what I get. When I went into my settings and enabled getting a code for thumbnails, this is exactly what I got. Maybe you can get the correct code by selecting a different option of which codes to display fro your pictures. The one that I get works without problem, did not have to delete anything at all.

The code I saw next to your picture was: [ x URL = xttp://s1226.photobucket.com/user/patdaly725/media/Aug%208-16/Aug%2010/IMG_9856.jpg.html][ x IMG x ]xttp://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee404/patdaly725/Aug%208-16/Aug%2010/IMG_9856.jpg[ x /IMG x ][ x /URL x ]

Mine is: [ x IMG x ] xttp://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac166/magdaleneTR/DSC06315.jpg [ x /IMG x ]

When PB upgraded it seemed to added useless info and I guess I can delete the URL reference and just use the IMG.

The ability to swap out meal items and even split larger entrees is a bonus. :goodvibes The company isn't bad either. ;)

Wow this year went by fast!

First time here since the change. It's taking some getting used to.

Love the fireworks pics!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: :welcome: Thanks for coming by.
Yes it does take some getting used to. :rolleyes: Overall, it is a little easier once you are used to it. :rolleyes1

Hi Pat (and Marv), I guess I never posted on your TR, or maybe only on the verrrrry beginning. I don't have much time for disboards and commenting does take some time for me and there is another TR writer who demands my contributions… But I wanted to let you know I'm reading along and your trip sounds great so far! I somehow missed the info about the new frozen fireworks - looks like fun though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter