Poolrat and GoofyFan's Great Adventure- Wilderness in August edition- 8/15 Last day REALLY !!!!!

Did ya all think I dropped of the planet !! I can't even begin to tell you how busy I am at work,I am working long days and am so drained when I get home I just crawl into bed , and then the bursitis in my hip area keeps waking me up. The doc gave me an anti imflamatory med that TORE my stomach up , it was helping but the upset stomach was worse ,I see her again next week and will tell her then to come up with something else . She is giving me my clearance for my catarcat surgeries . May 1st and May 8th . I could go back to work the next day after a follow up appointment ,BUT I am taking BOTH weekends off, and with luck will be able to see to Dis , which is another reason I don't Dis much I can't see in the evening LOL

Well I am all caught up and I did see Marv's Avatar, even though I can't see what it is , at least I can see one is there :rotfl2: I kinda agree with him on the NEW Dis !! Ouch that hurt:crutches:, agreeing with Marv :rolleyes::rotfl2:Waiting to see the new car. Steph just got another vehicle I can't remember what it is , but I really like it . :thumbsup2

Well I am all caught up and I did see Marv's Avatar, even though I can't see what it is , at least I can see one is there :rotfl2: I kinda agree with him on the NEW Dis !! Ouch that hurt:crutches:, agreeing with Marv :rolleyes::rotfl2:Waiting to see the new car. Steph just got another vehicle I can't remember what it is , but I really like it . :thumbsup2
There's still hope for you after all Rosie............::yes:: :thumbsup2

I won't even apologize anymore - okay once more :rotfl2: - so sorry, Life work and a flooding backyard are to blame this time. I just couldn't stand outside in the rain anymore watching the floods come so I figured I would move a bit on this TR.

PIZZA and GRACIE

I left you here

We had just averted a rain storm and were heading over to World Showcase to get lunch.

Doesn't look like we will make it does it?

A quick picture as I pass the Cool Spot to check out their offerings. I hear they have a new drink.

The Mango Starr Smoothie- we are getting lunch so no time today.

All the way to Germany to check out the Flower and Garden Train display.

http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/patdaly725/media/Aug 8-16/Aug 11/IMG_0183.jpg.html

http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/patdaly725/media/Aug 8-16/Aug 11/IMG_0184.jpg.html

Christmas lights?????
http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/patdaly725/media/Aug 8-16/Aug 11/IMG_0185.jpg.html

http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/patdaly725/media/Aug 8-16/Aug 11/IMG_0186.jpg.html

We reached Italy and apparently there was some wind damage from that storm.

http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/patdaly725/media/Aug 8-16/Aug 11/IMG_0188.jpg.html

The burro didn't seem to mind the storm.

Check in was a breeze and we were seated quickly. Yummy drink menu.

http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/patdaly725/media/Aug 8-16/Aug 11/IMG_0191.jpg.html

A Strawberry Limoncello and a Cannoli Martini and Marv.

We ordered Pizza….duh

Pizza was amazing as always, not your typical Disney pizza and if we had anything left we took it with us for later. Not sure if there was anything left though. :eek:

My favorite dessert was BACK on the menu but I was too stuffed to order it after the pizza.

We got a birthday treat since it was between our birthdays. party:

I was really glad at that point we didn't order dessert. Seriously that amount was perfect to end the meal with.

We finish our meal and roll out of Via Napoli and Catch Sergio.

[I
[URL=http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/patdaly725/media/Aug%208-16/Aug%2011/20140811_134317.jpg.html][/URL]

]

Funny story about this girl. Her name is Gracie and she is writing a school paper on her trip. How do I know that? We happened to be in line with her and her family at Soarin’ earlier in the day. We had a nice conversation with her mom and Aunt I believe while we waited to take off.

[URL=http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/patdaly725/media/Aug%208-16/Aug%2011/20140811_134329.jpg.html]
http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/patdaly725/media/Aug 8-16/Aug 11/20140811_134329.jpg.html[/URL]

[URL=http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/patdaly725/media/Aug%208-16/Aug%2011/IMG_0202.jpg.html][/U
RL][/URL]

Hey!!!! Just checking in! :D

Catching up and checking in!

Jill in CO

Catching up!

I know I know Glad everyone is caught up....

Just found this TR Pat. I was not on the Dis for a while but I am back now and enjoying this!!
:welcome: party: Glad you made it back. I can probably say you are not the only missing--- I am too most of the time. :rotfl2:

Ok all caught up! So sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you are ok!

Thanks - I am fine - things are back to normal somewhat now..

I know I know update posted. :teeth:

Did ya all think I dropped of the planet !! I can't even begin to tell you how busy I am at work,I am working long days and am so drained when I get home I just crawl into bed , and then the bursitis in my hip area keeps waking me up. The doc gave me an anti imflamatory med that TORE my stomach up , it was helping but the upset stomach was worse ,I see her again next week and will tell her then to come up with something else . She is giving me my clearance for my catarcat surgeries . May 1st and May 8th . I could go back to work the next day after a follow up appointment ,BUT I am taking BOTH weekends off, and with luck will be able to see to Dis , which is another reason I don't Dis much I can't see in the evening LOL

I am right there with you. Work has been a bear and well everything hurts with me allergies and tired just make me feel soooo drained.

I will do that next.

There's still hope for you after all Rosie............::yes:: :thumbsup2

:smooth:

Okay the sad pictures - Here is the car and the damage. I was hit driver's side and really lucky for the airbags and where I was hit on the side. I had the protection of the support bar between the doors. Doesn't look so bad but remember that was totaled. Over 11 K in damage. :scared1: Between airbags and the frame it was a mess.

Here is the new car- just like the old one but a newer model. A no brainer for me since I really liked my old car. No Blue... so I had to get silver.

Ugh to your car being totaled, but yayayayayay for a new car. That is never a bad thing.

Nick's car was rear-ended while he was ref'ing. The car is old with a ton of miles so we are still waiting to hear if it is totaled or not.

Thanks for the update. Finally. And for including the drink menus. Those drinks look fabulous as does that pizza. We are eating there in August. I just love that place AND the Sangria. Pitcher? Yes please. :drinking1

Great pictures of Servio? and that little girl is adorable.

That pizza looks amazing! I may have to switch around some of our ADR's in October and get there finally.

Ouch on the car. Thank the Lord you were okay after that. The new car looks great.

We reached Italy and apparently there was some wind damage from that storm.

Oh, the humanity! WHY????

We ordered Pizza….duh

Oh man, that makes me hungry. Via Napoli is so awesome.

Pizza was amazing as always, not your typical Disney pizza and if we had anything left we took it with us for later. Not sure if there was anything left though. :eek:

I can't imagine there would be anything left!

Here is the new car- just like the old one but a newer model. A no brainer for me since I really liked my old car. No Blue... so I had to get silver.

Sorry for the car troubles, but I'm glad you were ok and have a new set of wheels!:thumbsup2

Ugh to your car being totaled, but yayayayayay for a new car. That is never a bad thing.

Nick's car was rear-ended while he was ref'ing. The car is old with a ton of miles so we are still waiting to hear if it is totaled or not.

Thanks for the update. Finally. And for including the drink menus. Those drinks look fabulous as does that pizza. We are eating there in August. I just love that place AND the Sangria. Pitcher? Yes please. :drinking1

Great pictures of Servio? and that little girl is adorable.

Finally having the new car makes me feel like a little more back to normal.

Stinks that Nick's car was damaged. Hope that all gets resolved quick and easy.

The drinks are always good as is the pizza. YUM

Sergio is a hoot and it was funny seeing the little girl again and she was having fun as Sergio's assistant.

That pizza looks amazing! I may have to switch around some of our ADR's in October and get there finally.

Ouch on the car. Thank the Lord you were okay after that. The new car looks great.

Via Napoli pizza is the best. Yes that was an ouch on the car. So did not need that and I still believe the airbags really protected me.

Oh, the humanity! WHY????

It was funny a CM had not been out there yet to put everything back. I do think that by the time we were done eating they were all standing back up.

Oh man, that makes me hungry. Via Napoli is so awesome.

:teeth: Yes it is. Makes me very hungry looking at it.

I can't imagine there would be anything left!

I don't really think there was. I think we force ourselves :rolleyes1 since it probably would not have made the trip back to VWL.

Sorry for the car troubles, but I'm glad you were ok and have a new set of wheels!:thumbsup2

I am very lucky. It was all handled quick and easy. But as great as all that is, I do not want to do that again. :)

Just joined in! Can't wait to read more!!!
party::welcome:party: Glad to have you here. Sorry that this moves like a :snail:

:( It's all sadness about the car, even still.

That pizza is HUGE!! And delicious looking. As do the cocktails.

I adore that little train area; I always tend to spend quite some time just looking at all the little details and watching it go around and around. Kinda a perfect place to just pause and take a little breath and rest- and spend some carefree time. :)

I just couldn't stand outside in the rain anymore watching the floods come so I figured I would move a bit on this TR.

PIZZA and GRACIE

I left you here

I thought that it was a little funny that you couldn't stand outside in the rain anymore watching the floods, and then this is the first picture. :laughing:

Your pizza at Via Napoli looked good! I'll be trying that restaurant for the first time this summer. Your picture is very reassuring.

I'm so glad that that little girl writing a paper on her trip (future DIS TR writer?) got picked to help Sergio. That might make it into the paper!

Your new car looks nice! :thumbsup2

I'm glad I had a delicious Italian pizza yesterday - otherwise I would be very envious right now!

Sorry about your car! But it seems to have resolved quite to your satisfaction.

:( It's all sadness about the car, even still.

That pizza is HUGE!! And delicious looking. As do the cocktails.

I adore that little train area; I always tend to spend quite some time just looking at all the little details and watching it go around and around. Kinda a perfect place to just pause and take a little breath and rest- and spend some carefree time. :)

Every time I see another light blue car I get a little sad.

That pizza has to be the best pizza on property. I know that may not be saying too much :laughing: but it is sooooo good.

They do great cocktails too.

The train area is one of my favorites. I like that it takes on the Flower and garden and Food and Wine themes. They decorate for the holidays too. :goodvibes

I thought that it was a little funny that you couldn't stand outside in the rain anymore watching the floods, and then this is the first picture. :laughing:

Your pizza at Via Napoli looked good! I'll be trying that restaurant for the first time this summer. Your picture is very reassuring.

I'm so glad that that little girl writing a paper on her trip (future DIS TR writer?) got picked to help Sergio. That might make it into the paper!

Your new car looks nice! :thumbsup2

We have had some dry days but tomorrow comes more rain. And I will be at work. Hopefully all will drain well.

You will enjoy Via Napoli. I have had the pasta and it is fine but the pizza is great. If you really have to have pasta make sure you order some pizza too. And Go hungry... the Zeppoli de Caterina is my favorite dessert.
Not sure about GF for Judy though.... :confused: Oh I have had a salad - they are huge!!!!!

I'm glad I had a delicious Italian pizza yesterday - otherwise I would be very envious right now!

Sorry about your car! But it seems to have resolved quite to your satisfaction.

I am craving pizza. Might have to make sure I get some soon.

Thanks about the car. I really cannot complain about how quickly and how nice and empathetic everyone I dealt with was. I told more than 1 person " I know you deal with this every day, and you are so wonderful about stepping me through the process since I do not and well don't ever care to deal with it again" :lmao:

I also met another Disney lover at the Repair shop. That started when he recognized my phone ringtone from FOLK. :lmao::lmao:

First of all, I am so happy that you did not get injured in that accident. The car looks really bad! I once had a job where I had to deal with car accidents, so I got to see lots of pictures of damaged cars. I think you are absolutely right that without the airbag, things could have been much worse! And you were lucky that the car hit you at the end of the front door where there is a connection between roof and floor that adds stability (we call it the "B column"). Sorry that you had to give up on the light blue color, that was really very nice! But a new car is nice, too!

The pizza looks really delicious! I think I need to put Napoli on the list for restaurants for the next trip (still a long way away though...).

So nice to see some pics and catch up. The new car is pretty! Understand about the light blue...I would prefer that as well...but it is still very nice. :)

Aww, I do love WS in the rain....almost like strolling through each Country in the rain. :cloud9:

Since I haven't been back to WDW much the last few years! have not had a chance to try Via Napoli ...the pizza does look delicious! Is it thick or thin crust? Dessert looks yummy!

New avatars!! Yours is fabulous!! And Marv's new avatar and comment ....perfection!! Absolutely wonderful!

Do ya'll have a trip in the works this year? Always nice to look forward to more pics - especially since it is the closest I will get to Disney for some time. No Disney attractions until this shoulder is completely healed...given age and the massive injury and repair, it will be at least a year for the gentle attractions...no more bouncy/jerky ones ever again. Oh, well, never much enjoyed those anyway. ;) My daughter is seriously considering a move to Sarasota - we leave May 1st for a week to visit a couple of private schools...then it is possible the move could happen by August 1st! It would be fun to be able go over for a couple of night when friends are at WDW. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter