Poolrat and GoofyFan's Great Adventure- Wilderness in August edition- 8/15 Last day REALLY !!!!!

Oh that dang rain !!! Am I thunking you had a ressie at Kathy's favorite place The Plaza !!!!???

You are absolutely right. The rain was pretty regular. That trip we di manage to doge lots of rain. Of course I won't spoil if we dodged ALL the rain.

All caught up again! WOOT!

Ahhh, Pat... only on your thread can I get the real skinny on toilet paper. I gots to love it! LOL!

You are experts and Rain Dodging; I'd tour with you any day for that reason alone! The clouds look intense though!

The ELP is a perfect way to spend a quiet evening beachside. And to end with with Wishes just doesn't get any better at all. Especially with a tall, cold one in hand. Ahhh...!

Hey I will make sure all know where the good TP is. I will also rat out where the single ply is.... :rotfl2:

I think I have a pretty good sense of when it is coming and with technology, I am even better. That is not to say that occasionally a ride line or a meal does not mess up the best laid rain avoidance plans.

The EWP is my must do as silly as it is. Now I am broadening WHERE i see it from. See I can only 100% count on the Poly at 9pm. Sitting anywhere on Disney property with a drink in my hand is just heaven.

I had occasion to check it out this past summer. The men's side, of course.

I am sure almost equally as big? Or will I have to wait? ;)

I saw that one too, but I don't think I photographed it.

:faint:

Nothing but the best for you!

:thumbsup2 Like I said to Liesa I WILL tell you all about the TP. :rotfl2:

That's what I call "intrepid"! I give them props! :worship:

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Rain or no rain..... :rotfl:

Geez! I read this update, then forgot to comment, it seems. :( Yes, the rain hit hard, but you hit back with stealthy moves. I love the photo of the gals "making lemonade" so to speak. It'll probably be one of those memories they talk about for quite a while.

The skies look angry! But who cares if you have fun stuffs to do while it pours!

I kept looking up and wondering if we were going to make it in before the bottom dropped out. We rushed up Main street and as soon as we got under the awning and looked up the floods began. Great timing.

Sometimes you just have to have your ice cream. They had ponchos on.....

All caught up!

That rain in August .... do I know about it. But you are very good avoiding it. Pics of WL look great!

Welcome back - Hope you had a great trip. That trip so far we had excellent luck and skill avoiding the down pours.

Hoping for a sunday evening update !!!
Yup I was too........ I will say I am hoping this week but probably not tonight - eyes already heavy.

I could not resist the top of the page.

So we were under an awning near our lunch place not being able to check in yet during a typical summer Florida downpour. It finally let up a bit so we looked around.

The hub area under construction

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

Close, Short-ish line and inside—SOLD

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

We had this guy.

IMG_0316.jpg

But guess who was THAT guy!!!!

IMG_0322.jpg

Back for lunch finally. Yes It was the Plaza- Good guess Rosie.

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

Marv pointed out the hidden Mickey. Can you see it?

IMG_0328.jpg

LUNCH

IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

Soon the 3 o’clock parade came by. I managed a few shots.

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

I guess I did not continue to take pictures. I watched while I finished my lunch.

Afterwards we had a stop to make.

It involved this

IMG_0339.jpg

Can you guess where we were heading????

Oh! Marv was THAT guy! How fun!

And he even got a sticker for it!

Lunch looks lovely and I like the idea of day of ADR availability!

How great that Marv was chosen!! That's really cool and such a fun memory!

I'm wavering on the Plaza. I guess if we are feeling that we don't have time to leave MK for some reason, after seeing your pictures, it's a very viable option. I actually think all 3 of us could easily split the meatloaf meal for $18.00. Hmmm....

A MUCHA!!! Oh my, what I'd give for a Mucha print!! My house if decorated in Arts and Crafts/Art Deco style and that print would love SO great in my dining room!!!

Oh! Marv was THAT guy! How fun!

And he even got a sticker for it!

Lunch looks lovely and I like the idea of day of ADR availability!

It was fun and a little unexpected. Oh yes he had to get a sticker for it. :rotfl2:

I think the credit card hold and 24 hour cancellation policy now makes an ADR on the day of a reality and a bit more flexible.

How great that Marv was chosen!! That's really cool and such a fun memory!

I'm wavering on the Plaza. I guess if we are feeling that we don't have time to leave MK for some reason, after seeing your pictures, it's a very viable option. I actually think all 3 of us could easily split the meatloaf meal for $18.00. Hmmm....

A MUCHA!!! Oh my, what I'd give for a Mucha print!! My house if decorated in Arts and Crafts/Art Deco style and that print would love SO great in my dining room!!!

It was fun he was chosen. At least he didn't have to buy everyone churros. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

The plaza is a good meal. End it with a sundae and yes you could all split one.

I guess that would be my first MUCHA. Marv has not seen that HM mentioned anywhere so it is an extra HM.

Lost and Found at Ticket and Transportation Stop to find Marv's Brain !!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2: Oh I am GOOD!!!:cool::goodvibes:thumbsup2:jumping1:

:rotfl2::rotfl2:
That would be a total waste of time. They couldn't even locate Chuck's bag, and surely THAT would be an easier possibility to locate.................. :crazy:

::yes::

I had forgotten about Chuck's bag !!!!:rotfl2:

I think about it every so often. can't believe it never turned up.

:wave2:

Hey, thanks for the update! I wonder when they'll finish it.:rolleyes1:rotfl2:

:rotfl2::rotfl2: Yes I guess I better get moving again. I will say I like what they have done. :laughing:

Yes! So appropriate!:rotfl:

No argument there!!! :thumbsup2

Looks a bit like a halo.

The belt?

What time was that? 1:30 or so?

Last edited:
:rotfl2:Yes Pat what time is the 3 o'clock Parade !!:rotfl2: Leave it to Mark !!! Marv and him together would be a NIGHTMARE!!!!:scared1:

One of the very first things we learned in our Traditions Class (which was a week long waaay back when) was the 3 O'clock Parade question. It's funny (and says something to how well Disney takes us away), guests are so caught up with all the names of Parades and attractions that real life time just does not compute! :tink:::MickeyMo::MinnieMo:tink:

:rotfl2:Yes Pat what time is the 3 o'clock Parade !!:rotfl2: Leave it to Mark !!! Marv and him together would be a NIGHTMARE!!!!:scared1:

One of the very first things we learned in our Traditions Class (which was a week long waaay back when) was the 3 O'clock Parade question. It's funny (and says something to how well Disney takes us away), guests are so caught up with all the names of Parades and attractions that real life time just does not compute! :tink:::MickeyMo::MinnieMo:tink:

So much so they had a shirt with that on it. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: In addition to not knowing what time it was was the fact that it starts at 3pm but if you are waiting towards the end of the parade route it could be close to 3:30pm before you see it.

IMG_0328.jpg

A recent pix of me in my youth:rotfl2: Soo innocent!!!:angel::goodvibes

Good One Rosie.

Wow, I knew that picture looked old.........but didn't realize it was bordering on ANCIENT! :rolleyes2

:eek: :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Once again life is still busy. Trying to get stuff around the house done and despite being the "slow" season we are going through a re-alignment at work that is just making everyone squirrely and not slowing anything down.

Where were we? Yikes - After lunch at the Plaza and the 3pm parade, we took the monorail.... but where?

Nope not getting off but peeking through the open door.

IMG_0340.jpg

Ah – Getting closer. This of course while all the dreaded construction was going on. At least I posted those pictures….

IMG_0342.jpg

They have opened this area up a bit.

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

:scared2:

IMG_0348.jpg

I was in shock … really

Outside the windows by the Tambu Lounge.

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

Well I guess they passed out from the shock.

IMG_0360.jpg

Cute

IMG_0365.jpg

Renderings – Yup it looks like that now.

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

The Tiki is back – or still there.

IMG_0369.jpg

Photo Op.

IMG_0372.jpg

Mickey carpet

IMG_0375.jpg

It was 8-12 -14- A very sad day

IMG_0376.jpg

Limited monorail hours

IMG_0377.jpg

( CONTINUED... Yup really )

We walked by the check in desk. There are four pictures there and I learned there are some very hidden Mickeys in them. So with the CMs help we searched. Let’s see how you do.

IMG_0381.jpg

Find it? Close up…..

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

Times up.

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

Sorry this close up stinks.

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

This one is pretty clear.

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

Look at the light

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

Very blurry – sorry my camera was having focusing issues at full zoom

IMG_0395.jpg

We had a nice time chatting with the CMs and doing our best to hunt down the HM.

Back outside and disoriented big time.

Love the mirror and what looks like a towel hanging there.

IMG_0397.jpg

Beach and Fire pit area

IMG_0403.jpg

Yup nothing but walls.

IMG_0404.jpg

Beach area

IMG_0405.jpg

Castle view

IMG_0408.jpg

Even the property sign was updated during the construction.

IMG_0414.jpg

This was a change too – for the kids club

IMG_0415.jpg

The parking lot where we just stayed

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

Walked back to the TTC and then back to MK. Now did we spend the evening there or were our plans ( and FP+) elsewhere?

Ugh! So many walls and crappy looking construction. Sad day for wrecking the lovely bubble the Poly usually is. boo!

But, those HMs are totally cool! I'd have NEVER found those! Ever. Very nice!

Wow, they really did a number on the Poly while you were there. No wonder so many people were complaining about the walls. But I'm looking forward to seeing it with the walls gone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter