Poolrat and GoofyFan's Great Adventure- Wilderness in August edition- 8/15 Last day REALLY !!!!!

I ressemble that remark!!! Just ask my co workers !!:rotfl2:

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Happy Birthday Pat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bday:

I hope it's magical and filled with pixie dust.

And now I need to attempt catching up :)

Thanks and I see you did catch up - Not too far behind...... :rotfl2::rotfl2: I hope to get things moving soon. Plan to...

And THAT is how old folks like me throw their back out!

Absolutely. I am prone to some strange Ab cramps and I do believe it brought one on. :rotfl2:

I don't know what it is about WL but something about watching the rain, from the balconies there, is a very happy place for me. Perhaps it's just the view of the rain with the trees or the sound the combo makes but I like it.

For me it that you don't get the pounding that kind of rain brings. The trees really break it up into a soothing sound.

Let's just say this past trip- Not too much different. :scratchin

I think it's 35 now

Need to test that out. :laughing:

I like this picture!

I like trying to get some low light movement pictures... Now having them work out is another thing. :faint:

YAY! I meant to comment on this when you first posted it as I saw it on my phone what...a month, 2 ago? Too long for sure. Lame.

I haven't been here either so no worries. The elusive one has been DHS. Hopefully I can reveal if I actually found one this trip or not. :laughing:

Oh my word, I am so grateful you are ok!

Me too !! The more I think about it the more I realize how lucky I really was. I really will credit the side airbags for all of it. I had a staff member in a much bigger van get hit in a similar way and she was so NOT okay. Nothing broken either but she was so still and hurting and out of work for 2 weeks under doctors orders. Now hers wasa "faster" crash but still ... I still hate left hand turns and rain. :eek:

I am having that struggle with an April booking. I should book my placeholder today but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I struggled with that too. But do it- You will NOT regret it.

Amazing, Poly luck?

I think the tide has changed...

That's a framer, super cute! The race looks hard. Even though it's only a 5K that's a lot of brain power in the dark. LOL!

Aww Thanks. It may just go in a frame. :scratchin

I am torn. I LOVE the layout, that design flaw though, is awful. I've been considering it for next april but the thought of those points on a solo trip kind of kills me. But I really love the rooms, they are just beautiful. And of course, Trader Sam's!

Hopefully it has been addressed. Don't think it matters for you but parking is easy. Walk to the TTC is really EASY and bus service is improved I think.

Happy Birthday Pat!!

Hope you have a great day!

:bday:

(and thanks to Cynthia for alerting me to the fact that it is your birthday)

kathy.jpg

Happy Birthday, Pat!

Happy Birthday Pat!

Jill in CO

Happy Birthday Pat!!!

Thanks EVERYONE!!! Spending my Big birthday in the world was fabulous. I WILL get back to this trip almost a year ago now. Then maybe some really quick 1 post recaps of the trips in between and then on to this past trip.

Thanks to those who have stuck around. :jumping1:

Professional strength toilet paper. :rotfl: Only you would notice that! :rotfl2:

Love the pictures from Epcot. those are excellent pictures of Sergio...and the koi pond...and the drummer.

I wish I knew when you were updating. I guess I just have to pay more attention.

Love the ELP. I haven't seen that up close in such a long time. I always seem to miss it.

Great ending to a great day.

And yes - the soaps crack me UP!

Hope you had a great birthday.

Where I did I leave off? I am sure if anyone is still reading this, you don’t know either.

Um...somewhere in WDW, I think.

A hidden Mickey

You remain the champ!:thumbsup2

Yup US 4 Rain 0

Wow! I hope you guys bought lottery tickets.

Extra TP – and professional Series to boot.

:woohoo: Sounds much better than John Wayne TP!

We stayed for wishes.

You can see it from the WL beach?:confused3

Of Course there is soap.

I hope you went home with the beaver butt!:rotfl2:

I had terrible thoughts, TP the scooter, move the scooter and park it on another hallway or further down…. I did none of that but I think I had a new one every time we walked down the hall.

Yeah, but that would be a waste of professional-grade TP.:rotfl:

I loved those soaps , I just have to get some for Kyle !! He sooo deserves them !!!!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:I did like going in there and looking.

Professional strength toilet paper. :rotfl: Only you would notice that! :rotfl2:

I may have seen the PS first then looked on the other roll to figure out what PS was. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Love the pictures from Epcot. those are excellent pictures of Sergio...and the koi pond...and the drummer.

I wish I knew when you were updating. I guess I just have to pay more attention.

Thanks, Every once in an while I get something half way decent. :rolleyes:

Hey sometimes I don't even know when I am updating. :rotfl2: Lately Sunday evenings seem to work out better for me to have some time to pull together an update. Can't promise every Sunday evening, but that seems to be a good one.

Love the ELP. I haven't seen that up close in such a long time. I always seem to miss it.

9pm every night at the Poly, just like clock work. It is the one thing I can plan on doing. I just had to move to teh boat dock from the beach. But you know what? I think I may like the boat dock better. :ssst:

Great ending to a great day.

And yes - the soaps crack me UP!

Hope you had a great birthday.

It was a great day and wandering through the shops afterwards was relaxing.

I had a wonderful Birthday and a great trip.:thumbsup2

Um...somewhere in WDW, I think.

Yup

You remain the champ!:thumbsup2

Nah- But I do like hunting for them!

Wow! I hope you guys bought lottery tickets.

I wish my luck was as good for the lottery as it was avoiding rain. But when I get soaked, I GET SOAKED :rotfl2:

:woohoo: Sounds much better than John Wayne TP!

Yes it does. Now if the parks would get rid on the 1 ply..... That is some seriously thin paper. :eek:

You can see it from the WL beach?:confused3

Sure can!!!!

I hope you went home with the beaver butt!:rotfl2:

No No beaver butt soap this time. Just.... Just.... Well only.... Too many other thoughts going through my head and strangely none of which I can post here for fear of censure. :eek::rotfl::lmao::blush:

Yeah, but that would be a waste of professional-grade TP.:rotfl:

Yes It would. Seriously what is Professional Series? :rotfl2::rotfl2:And how is that different from the Angel Soft I use at home?

Doing my weekly check in !! For sure I get on for a LITTLE WHILE EVERY SUNDAY, MY LAPTOP HAS BEEN CLEANSED AND UPDATED to are you ready WINDOWS 10 !!! According to Judy it is FANTASTIC!! It pays to have a computer guy working RELIEF at your house !!!

Who wouldn't want some Beaverbutt soap???

Probably only a mother beaver might find it .... ordinary? :rolleyes:

Doing my weekly check in !! For sure I get on for a LITTLE WHILE EVERY SUNDAY, MY LAPTOP HAS BEEN CLEANSED AND UPDATED to are you ready WINDOWS 10 !!! According to Judy it is FANTASTIC!! It pays to have a computer guy working RELIEF at your house !!!

:dogdance::cool1: I hope you find it fantastic as well. Playing catch up again here. :faint:

Tuesday Aug 12

Since we all know what the regular forecast is for Disney in Aug is …high of 92 and chance of afternoon thunderstorms. So For Tuesday we chose to get out to the pool early before all the heat and then rain.

The pool bar

The geyser

We did have a late lunch ADR so we went in, got cleaned up and headed to the dock. This might have been a last minute ADR booked via the app. With the new cancellation policy we have been having some good luck getting a reservation day of.

A beautiful day

Well maybe not that in THAT direction

You can start singing the “ Gilligan’s Island “ theme song …

Today’s ride brought to you by

See the guy in the scooter? Now look at the people on the boat. The captain had everyone go to the far side of the boat so the scooter could get off. I guess the lake was still a little low.

Uh Oh- Maybe our luck is ending

Not looking good

We try to dock and a huge gust of wind blows us away from the dock. Windy but not raining. I believe yesterdays storm had a victim – the canopy is gone from the dock area.

Little before 2

Very windy

We both make it down Main street and turn the corner…. We get under cover and

US- 5 Rain- 0 Once again just in the nick of time, manage to be under cover when the bottom falls out.

Clearly some people are making the best of it.

We are right by our lunch destination but quite a bit early. We ask if we can check in and are denied. People who are already in will stay to wait out the rain and any others getting out the rain with earlier reservations are being seated before us.

The green is rain and the yellow is lightning. Probably best to find something indoors to do.

[URL='http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/patdaly725/media/Aug%208-16/Aug%2012/IMG_0306.jpg.html']We wait a bit and the rain lets up enough to move on.
[/URL]
http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/patdaly725/media/Aug 8-16/Aug 12/IMG_0307.jpg.html
http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/patdaly725/media/Aug 8-16/Aug 12/IMG_0307.jpg.html

Last edited:
All caught up again! WOOT!

Ahhh, Pat... only on your thread can I get the real skinny on toilet paper. I gots to love it! LOL!

You are experts and Rain Dodging; I'd tour with you any day for that reason alone! The clouds look intense though!

The ELP is a perfect way to spend a quiet evening beachside. And to end with with Wishes just doesn't get any better at all. Especially with a tall, cold one in hand. Ahhh...!

The biggest bathroom in almost all of EPCOT.

IMG_0205.jpg

I had occasion to check it out this past summer. The men's side, of course.

I saw that one too, but I don't think I photographed it.

Nothing but the best for you!

That's what I call "intrepid"! I give them props! :worship:

Geez! I read this update, then forgot to comment, it seems. :( Yes, the rain hit hard, but you hit back with stealthy moves. I love the photo of the gals "making lemonade" so to speak. It'll probably be one of those memories they talk about for quite a while.

The skies look angry! But who cares if you have fun stuffs to do while it pours!

All caught up!

That rain in August .... do I know about it. But you are very good avoiding it. Pics of WL look great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter