pool hopping

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by reedycreek, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reedycreek

reedycreek DIS Veteran

if i were to stay at CR, and wanted to go sit at the pool at POLY, can one do that? do they provide towels? thanks.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. mulgar

mulgar Mouseketeer

Offical Disney policy is that you can only use the pools if you are a guest at that resort.
    You may be asked to show a room key or some places I believe actually have wrist bands

4. Amy&Dan

Amy&Dan DIS Veteran

Uh oh you asked a hot one! No, you cannot pool hop unless you are a DVC member (and only certain pools if you are). Also if you are staying at Port Orleans you can use the pools at Riverside or French Quarter. Last but not least, guests of the All Stars can share pools.

By the way this isn't one of those tongue in cheek posts is it?

5. TLinden16

TLinden16 <marquee><font color=royalblue>Scotty and Ray at J

Only DVC members staying on points are allowed to pool hop, and even they are not allowed to use the pools at the Y&B or the AKL.

Karen

6. reedycreek

reedycreek DIS Veteran

so CM's actually check and ask you while sitting in your nice lounge chair in the sun to see your ID?

7. Disney_Freak56

Disney_Freak56 DIS Veteran

Actually, it doesn't matter if a Cast Member asks to see your resort ID or not. What does matter is that guests who paid to stay at the Polynesian are the only ones entitled to use the Polynesian pool (and DVC members), just like Polynesian guest are not allowed to use the pool at other resorts -- such as the one you are schedule to stay at.

If you would like to use the pool at the Polynesian, then perhaps you should make arrangements to book at night at the Poly. :flower:

8. Amy&Dan

Amy&Dan DIS Veteran

Yeah they check and if you don't have one they announce over a loud PA that they have an illegal pool hopper on the premesis. You are then led out in shackles in front of all of the legal pool patrons who sneer as you hobble by.

9. Alicnwondrln

Alicnwondrln DIS Veteran

r u serious or is this a joke?
    thre been alot of joking threads lately

10. reedycreek

reedycreek DIS Veteran

hmmm out to the back in shackles, sounds scary...think i might take my chances and forgo paying even more incredible sums of money to simply use a nicer pool... :cool1:

11. twinklebug

twinklebug 1200+ miles away from home.

Now that it's been brought up AGAIN... :rolleyes: I've always wondered WHY people would want to pool hop in the first place (well, aside from the fact that way back in the day FW didn't have a pool - but they did alow PHing back then)

You're in Disney! Why spend a day traveling to/from a resort that's not close to outside your door? Enjoy the parks! Enjoy Florida! Take a trip to the coast! Visit an orange grove! :cool1:

BTW - I believe teh OP's post was just to ignite some flames, "pool hopping" is not a term the uneducated Disney joe comes up with on his own. :sad2:

12. reedycreek

reedycreek DIS Veteran

for the record, i will spent 99.6 percent of my time in the parks, .3% sleeping, and was thinking about the .1% of the time i might want to just hand out and relax. so is the pool at the CR ok? i would not want to be thought of as a "POOL HOPPER" amongst you fine folk!!

13. twinklebug

twinklebug 1200+ miles away from home.

I apologise if I accused you of being an "instigator" when your question was honest and true. I'm still new to the boards, but have noticed a great number of pool hopping questions posted here to the point that it seemed everyone must have seen & read the debate (not that there really is one, rules are rules).

FYI - (and I'm in the grey area on this one) If you rent DVC points for your vacation and stay at one of those villas, you MAY, PERHAPS be allowed to pool hop to the poly. (DVC members are the ones given the right to pool hop to any resort pool except AKL and Stormalong Bay, renters may not have this right)

Someone correct me here if I'm wrong :)

14. NCombs

NCombs DIS Veteran

So, are you trying to stir things up for the evening? I have a hard time believing someone who has stayed onsite a couple of times and who has posted 187 times hasn't seen the never-ending posts about this.

15. wright1baby

wright1baby DIS Veteran

Are you kidding?? Do you ever get tired of the same debates. If someone is asking about pool hopping, they already know it is not allowed and are going to go ahead and do it anyway. This seems to be a mute point to endlessly debate.
    Let's just say, unless you are a DVC member, Don't pool hop!

16. reedycreek

reedycreek DIS Veteran

no worries, no i am not trying to stir anything up. i've seen the topics on pool hopping before, and probably should have read those before posting. i took a few months off from disboards cause i was busy with life outside disney. have been back recently to plan my trip next month.

didnt mean to offend anyone concerning POOL HOPPING, but i must say this is one sore subject. to reiterate a previous post on this thread, we should all be in the parks anyway all day! who cares about the pools and POOL HOPPERS!

17. reedycreek

reedycreek DIS Veteran

ok my email is going beserk with replies to my original post...

why are people so enraged about this topic? i honestly dont see what the big deal is. there are so many other things happening at WDW (such as the lack of creativity of disney these days) to be worrying about than whether or not someone from another resort is using the pool where you are staying.

someone please explain, i dont get it.

18. NCombs

NCombs DIS Veteran

A "sore subject"-now that's an understatement. :teeth: :badpc:

Have fun on your trip and stay away from those other pools. :goodvibes

19. Zip-a-dee-dude-da

Zip-a-dee-dude-da If only I could find a woman like Tinkerbell!!

Look Reedycreek do what you want to do. If you hop in the monorail and use the Poly Pool just be somewhat descreet about it. IMHO you should be able to do this if your spending $200 plus to stay at a Ugly slab of concrete like the CR.

But what you dont want to do is ask the DISNEY MORALITY POLICE on this board if you can do it. If you do it good for you youve got nuts but dont expect to have the people here condone it.

20. NCombs

NCombs DIS Veteran

I'm certainly not the Disney morality police. This is the first time I've ever posted on the dreaded pool hopping threads. The simple facts are that no matter which resort I am staying at, I'm paying to use those specific amenities and I should be able to use them at my convenience and not have those amenities be unavailable or unnecessarily crowded because of people who are not supposed to be using them. It's not morality or rules to me, it's getting to use the facilities I made a reservation for.

I'm done now and Reedycreek, I am sorry for clogging up your email with replies.

21. Sammie

Sammie DIS Veteran

Would you want to spend hundreds of dollars to go to; say a Broadway play that you had saved months to see, only to find out that there was no room for you because people who had not paid to see it, it took up all the seats.

Same situation. People pay large amounts of money to stay at Disney, regardless of the resort. They would like to be able to enjoy the amenties such as the pool without it being standing room only and no place to sit because free loaders have taken up all available space. It has nothing to do with "morals" and everything to do with the purchase of a product. If you wish to use the Polynesian pool, stay there instead. It is open to all that make a reservation and stay at the resort. No restrictions other than being a paying guest.

Does that explain it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.