Pool Hopping?

mlbretscher

Mouseketeer
I just booked POR, but can I go to the Poly pool for an afternoon, or is it only for Poly guests?
Thanks!

Only guests of the Poly. I believe the only pool hoping allowed is that between the DVC properties (but I could be wrong about that... wouldn't be the first time :p)

P.S. I would take cover... this can be quite a hot topic for some people ;)

I believe you can pool hop between sister resorts. So since you are staying at POR, you should be visit the POFQ pool.

All of the above answers are correct.

If you want a pool hopping pass you can buy one though. It'll cost you about $13,000. You have to buy into DVC. But it's good for about 40 years!

Anne

I believe the only pool hoping allowed is that between the DVC properties

Actually DVC members staying at a DVC resort can pool hop to any resort pool except the Beach Club and the AKL (depending upon availability).

HBC

Have two of those long term passes and have only "hopped" to SAB (before BCV) and Coronado Springs. Hope to try another pool in Oct. and since will be staying at AKL for Christmas will be able to do that one since it is on the "no" list.

Originally posted by ducklite
... You have to buy into DVC. But it's good for about 40 years!
Anne
Or 50 years, for us SSR&S owners. ;) :p

Ok, I am very new here, and this is our first trip to WDW so I know I still have ALOT to learn. What does DVC stand for and what is "no" list? Thus, if I think I understand everyong you may only go to the hotel pool where you are staying. How do they know? Do they actually check? I will be honest and only swim where I stay (who knows maybe I'll switch to the Poly if a good discount comes out between now and my 9/04 trip) but I am just curious.

Thanks!

Not that I encourage it...I know that a ton of flames are gonna come my way.
But when we went "resort hoping" on recent trip we had absolutely no problem "visiting" other resort's pools.

We just went to visit and take pics ...we did not swim nor did we have any intention of swimming in them. We know pool hoping is a big no no ....but when you actually get to a pool of a different resort youy are actually staiying at we could have swam at all of em. The life guards could have cared less where we were from.
I dont really see how this swim at your own resort can work out except for the stormalong bay place that actually has a fence around it.

Originally posted by llrain
Not that I encourage it...I know that a ton of flames are gonna come my way.
But when we went "resort hoping" on recent trip we had absolutely no problem "visiting" other resort's pools.

We just went to visit and take pics ...we did not swim nor did we have any intention of swimming in them. We know pool hoping is a big no no ....but when you actually get to a pool of a different resort youy are actually staiying at we could have swam at all of em. The life guards could have cared less where we were from.
I dont really see how this swim at your own resort can work out except for the stormalong bay place that actually has a fence around it.

The lifeguards at all the resort pools can and DO occasionally check your resort ID. If the ID doesn't show the resort you are swimming at you will be kicked out of the pool. At the Poly last year there was a women with her bratty kid there. A CM came over to her and asked for her ID. When she could only present her Wilderness Resort ID he told her to leave. Honestly, how hard is it to stay at the pool you PAID for? If you want a nice pool then PAY to stay at that resort. So simple!

The last time I stayed at the Poly I did see some people being asked for their resort identification.The pool was very crowded that day,that may be why.

There really aren't any bad pools at Disney.There are so many hotels and people staying there now I think if there was pool hopping the people paying to stay at the nicer resorts wouldn't be able to get chairs and have to wait forever to use the slides at their own resorts they paid for.POR has a great pool.I think you might even like it better than some of the deluxes and you'll have the convenience of running back to your room whenever you want.Have a great vacation!

You know, I've always wondered why anyone would even want to pool hop in the first place. Isn't it a lot of trouble to go to just to swim in a different pool? I can't imagine lugging all of our pool stuff all over the world just to swim in different water.

You know, I've always wondered why anyone would even want to pool hop in the first place. Isn't it a lot of trouble to go to just to swim in a different pool? I can't imagine lugging all of our pool stuff all over the world just to swim in different water.

Well, maybe I can answer that. (Yes, I am a BRAVE soul to actually ADMIT to pool-hopping on these boards!)

I went to a conference at WDW many years ago and brought along DH and DS (barely 2 at the time). It was the first week of September, which is the deadest I've ever seen WDW. We decided that it wasn't worth buying passes for DH and DS for the days I was in the convention--instead we bought them for the weekend following the convention. To occupy themselves, DH and DS hopped on those buses and went all over the world, going to playgrounds, the petting zoo, and yes, hopping to other pools. The world was so dead that I can't imagine this had any impact on the other guests, but at the time we didn't even know it wasn't allowed.

The two of them had a great time while I was otherwise occupied, the unplanned/unbudgeted trip didn't break the bank for us (no room charge for the length of the convention, DS was a lap baby on the flight), and that weekend we did more in the three parks in a day and a half than DH and I managed to do in 4 days on our honeymoon in the dead of summer. Incidentally, DS's favorite part of the trip was riding the buses, monorails and boats (all the free stuff!).

Flamers--BRING IT ON! ;)

quote:
what is "no" list?

the "no" list is my own term meaning that even DVC members cannot pool hop to the AKL or SAB pools at any time. You have to be staying at those resorts to use the pools. We are also not allowed to pool hop during certain holiday periods because the pools may be at capacity with guests who are actually staying at those resorts.

quote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We did it on check out days - packed everything in the car except bathing suits and what we were wearing home on the plane. Just wanted to see what CS pool was like - very nice and not crowded in the middle of the day we went. After swimming and relaxing we packed the wet suits in plastic bags in the carry-ons and sadly but nicley refreshed departed for the airport. Don't think I would do it if I had to carry stuff around all day say to take a break from a park or something.
If we plan a non park day I might consider checking out the poly pool but most likely will just stay at SAB or the one a WLV where we will be staying in October.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter