Pool Chairs on Sea Days

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by linco711, Jun 28, 2009.

1. linco711

linco711 DIS Veteran

Could you tell me if there is a problem getting pool chairs in the Adult area on Sea Days? We've had this issue on other cruise lines and was wondering if Disney would be better? Hopefully the Adult area would not be as crowded??
    Thanks in advance for your help:goodvibes:goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

The adult areas are always easier than the family areas. That said, the best answer is "It depends." THere is a "no saving chairs" rule and I've actually seen CMs removing stuff from chairs, so they make at least some attempt to enforce the "no saving" policy.

We did notice a lot more enforcement of "no kids" also on our May cruise.

4. RoyalVizier

RoyalVizier <font color=purple>I'm sorry... I'm a gutless flip

Hi there,

We just got off of the Disney Magic yesterday and I fully agree that chairs are easier to come by in the Quiet Cove pool area, but there are still plenty of people there. Chairs are still in high demand so I would recommend claiming your spot early and sticking around for awhile. Pool hours are usually 6am to midnight.

5. Pennyb123

Pennyb123 Phenominal Cosmic Powers..... Itty-Bitty Living Sp

I cruise Disney and have no kids. Every year I try to get a chair in the quiet cove... No luck. I always have to go up top to the deck for a chair. But that's ok. The breeze is great and there are plenty of CM's who will gladly take a drink order for you. I just go down and jump in the pool when I need to cool off. Lots of parents checked their kids into programming to take advantage of the Quiet Cove I suspect... :cool2:

6. Morgey24

Morgey24 Dreaming of a day on Castaway Cay

I'd say that the coveted chairs in the Adult Area are as hard to come by as other cruiselines. On our cruise last week there was this family that would claim 7 chairs at 7am with towels and other personal items THEN go workout, to breakfast, etc etc. At no point were the 7 of them together at one time, though they usually left grandma to keep guard over all of the chairs. It made me CRAZY.

Fortunately, I only needed one chair and never had a problem finding one lonely chair, but there are chair hoggers out there and I never once saw Disney try to move them or their stuff.