Pooh sized folks beware of Pooh ride DL

Lou-Ann

DIS Veteran
We just got back from DL yesterday. I have never had a problem on any ride in any park but the new Pooh at DL has very little leg room. We were in the front car and had no room to lean forward as I need to do since my knee replacement to stand up and exit the ride. I was so embarassed. They had to stop the ride. They asked me if I wanted to go around again.......as if the next stop would change the size of the seat. I told them I would eventually have to exit....I shall never get on that type of ride again......

You poor thing :hug:. I'm so sorry that it was so badly designed for you. They should have put more thought into making their ride cars accessible for all guests.

Thanks so much for your comment. Frankly, I was very disappointed in the design team as they already have many cars that are easy access such as on the Globe at EPCOT. If this was an old ride I would understand, but to have technology go backwards is rediculous. I was ashamed to have everyone looking while they tried to extricate me from the car. My day was ruined as I hesitated to get on other rides there that I had not tried before. To pay full price and not be able to ride is not right. I have bulging and herniated discs as well as bad knees but still would like to enjoy the park like I do at WDW.

DH has bulging and herniated discs also. He had trouble getting out of the new Nemo ride at Epcot. CM had to slow down the ride so he could twist sideways to exit. Twisting is not good.. He is not Pooh sized.

My husband has noticed that the front seat is smaller than the one behind. So when he rides (he's 300+ lbs, 5'10") he won't sit in the front seat of each "hunny pot" or beehive or whatever the vehicle is supposed to be, and has a much easier time getting in and out.

That might not help you b/c of the joint problems, but it *might*, if you're ever willing to try again.

If we're assigned to the 2 front rows on the Pooh ride, we always put the kids together in the front row and my husband and I sit in the middle row behind them. We're not pooh-sized, but we're tall enough that the front row doesn't give us enough leg room. We find the middle and last rows to be much more comfortable. Our boys are old enough that they can ride together and don't need an adult riding with them (12 and 9). It might be harder to do with younger kids.

We love the Pooh ride and usually go on it several times during our trip. Rabbit is my favorite!:)

Thanks so much for sharing your wisdom. Isn't it sad that the folks running the ride were not smart enough to give me this advice as I did ask them prior to boarding.....:love:

and had no room to lean forward as I need to do since my knee replacement to stand up and exit the ride.

I just had my knee replaced a few months ago. Is this a common problem? I was just at WDW but didn't have any trouble with rides, but also did not ride on any that were that tight. Thanks.

Thanks so much for sharing your wisdom. Isn't it sad that the folks running the ride were not smart enough to give me this advice as I did ask them prior to boarding.....:love:

I'm so sorry you were so inconvenienced, and also embarrassed. I meant to say that in my first reply but forgot to.

DH tried to ride the Maliboomer at DCA, but because part of his weight is in his back (very broad and very thickly padded across his shoulder blades), they couldn't get the shoulder doohickeys (technical term) to come down enough so it would clip at the seat level (that's how he described it). He had to leave the ride. :( He knows it's a quirk of his weight distribution, and if his weight were ALL in his belly the problem with the shoulder things wouldn't have been the same, but still, since that happened to DH in September, to hear of having problems entering or exiting a ride just makes me want to give big :grouphug: :grouphug:

DH and I had that same problem at DL. Never again!

We were crushed in there so tight and his knees were practically wedged between the two walls. I'm still not exactly sure how we got in or out of there, but we'll definitely be taking a pass on any future trips!

It doesn't matter how big you are, if you have long legs, you are out of luck on this ride; however, some suggestions if you have long legs or are larger:

Ask for the front row and sit by yourself.

When getting in cross your ankles (this works for Space mountain as well), although the results on this one will vary from attraction to attraction and depending on your own body as well.

Do not be afraid to ask for separate rows at any attraction, it can make it much more enjoyable on certain attractions.

It should also be noted if you have a hard time getting up and down, the boats at DL's it's a small world are much easier to get in and out of then the ones at WDW.

Thanks. That was my problem, getting up and down. There was no place to extend your legs to help yourself up..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter