Pooh Bear’s A List. A June ’15 TR incl. Disney Engagement story. 9/19- If a beer falls in a lodge?!

I just found your report and I am all caught up! I love your little moose! She's adorable! I can't wait to hear more! Kids are just so fun at Disney at this age!

Last edited:
Yaaaayy for an update!!

I just love how excited Aria was to see talkin Mickey... Too cute! I'm pretty excited to meet him myself as I haven't had the honor yet but I will try to contain myself in line.

Also, that cupcake looks aaamaaaazing. I desperately wanted one during my last trip but never got time... Definitely going on my list of must have foods in October... It's a pretty long list!popcorn::

I visited in October (I'm writting my TR now too!) last year and it was such a perfect time to go! The crowds were light and getting the F&Q and MNSSHP was a massive bonus! We stayed into November which meant we could do the Christmas party and see the decorations too but it did get more crowded then. I'm already thinking about when I'll come back at this time of year again!

We're loving your TR and can't wait to do the Christmas party when we go next Thanksgiving. I'm hoping the F&W lines will be as manageable when we go in October because I have a list of over 400 items (I'm usually a jokester, but this I am NOT kidding about) that I must try so I need light crowds to ensure I get through them all.

I don't call it the Fake-o-rail either but it definitely counts as a ride!

Thank you! If it means getting to Disney, I'm all for it! And it is usually less cramped than the Disney monorail... Oh no! I did not just say the supposed Fake-o-rail is better than the beloved monorail.

giphy.gif

Oh dear I hope not! :guilty:

Don't worry, I am happy to report that the bubble has not burst. Without giving too many spoilers away, the trip was a great success!

Talking Mickey is AMAZING!!!

I can't believe that that was my first time seeing him! Next time, before Aria does her thing with Mickey, I want to have a legit conversation with the Mouse, ask him about his goals, aspirations, fears, hobbies... Or maybe just let Aria do her thing.

I HAVE to try this... WHY HAVEN'T I TRIED THIS??!!!

Seriously, I mean seriously. Next time, just jet to Cheshire Cafe and have one immediately upon entering the park. No rides, no character meets, no parades, the Cheshire cupcake probably changed my life. For real! Is it strange that a food can do that? Not if it's from Disney. They can make anything amazing.

giphy.gif

Tequila Lunch??!! This is going on my to-do list for my not yet even planned return to F&W!

I can't tell you how excited I am about this. I am such a huge fan of tequila and yet never learned the proper way to drink it or the different types of tequila. Later on in this trip report, that issue comes to the foreground and is the primary driver for me wanting to do this Tequila lunch. But everyone will have to wait until our Epcot day to hear that story.

Loving your trip report so far. I especially love Aria's fascination with the Pooh characters. So sweet.
We will be there Oct. 18-23 and we can't wait to scarf down obscene amounts of food. :mickeybar

Awesome, we're going to be there that same week! I have actually been on a diet for the last six months for the sole purpose of literally putting it all back on during that week (if that's even possible).

Fascination is definitely a good word! She loves them! There's like barely any room in her crib for her to sleep with four different pooh bear stuffed animals, two tiggers, two eeyores, and a piglet. Just this morning, she threw her Mike Wazowski tsum tsum into the crib and said, "Mike, you sleep with Eeyore!"

I just found your report and I am all caught up! I love your little moose! She's adorable! I can't wait to hear more! Kids are just so fun at Disney at this age!

Thank you so much!! We were so afraid that she wouldn't have a good time, hate all of the rides and characters, but she had a total blast! When I told a coworker at a previous job that we took Aria to Disney at 16 months old, she said, "Why would you take her when she's that young, she won't even remember it?"

I tried to explain that that wasn't the point, that children at that age really live in the moment, and at that very moment, she is as happy and as excited as she can possibly be. Isn't that enough? I'm hoping that her two little girls have since gone to Disney because they really are such a joy to watch them interact with the Disney environment, and for me personally, even if Aria doesn't remember a single moment from our trips, I know Barbie and I will.

Yaaaayy for an update!!

I just love how excited Aria was to see talking Mickey... Too cute! I'm pretty excited to meet him myself as I haven't had the honor yet but I will try to contain myself in line.

Also, that cupcake looks aaamaaaazing. I desperately wanted one during my last trip but never got time... Definitely going on my list of must have foods in October... It's a pretty long list!popcorn::

I'd rather not have to physically restrain you along with Aria but I will if necessary while meeting characters! We will absolutely be getting cups of cake this time around! I also plan on eating copious amounts of soft serve until you just have to roll me around from park to park.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Just found your report as I was searching for opinions on cupcakes at BOG.....so I suppose it was an accident I happened upon your tr but a happy one at that! We are attending F&W as well, a first for us and I'm sure it won't be the last.

No judgement here. I'm still writing a tr from Dec 2012. Speaking of which, I better get going on that!

So, what desserts have you had at BOG? We're returning to the World in less than a month and I placed our BOG lunch order today. Silly me asked dh what dessert he wanted for our lunch at BOG and he said he wanted the Orange/Choc eclair. What? This forced me to choose between the choc cupcake with grey stuff and the strawberry cupcake with strawberry mouse/cream cheese frosting. I chose the grey stuff cupcake. I've had the grey stuff before and it really is delicious (and I didn't even need to ask the dishes). Gosh, I hope that choice won't ruin our trip.

Hi. Late but following along. I love your daughter's name and story. Can't wait to hear more.

Just found your report as I was searching for opinions on cupcakes at BOG.....so I suppose it was an accident I happened upon your tr but a happy one at that! We are attending F&W as well, a first for us and I'm sure it won't be the last.

No judgement here. I'm still writing a tr from Dec 2012. Speaking of which, I better get going on that!

So, what desserts have you had at BOG? We're returning to the World in less than a month and I placed our BOG lunch order today. Silly me asked dh what dessert he wanted for our lunch at BOG and he said he wanted the Orange/Choc eclair. What? This forced me to choose between the choc cupcake with grey stuff and the strawberry cupcake with strawberry mouse/cream cheese frosting. I chose the grey stuff cupcake. I've had the grey stuff before and it really is delicious (and I didn't even need to ask the dishes). Gosh, I hope that choice won't ruin our trip.

Ah, the type of question that I love to answer: cupcakes at Disney! I can talk about food all day.

giphy.gif

So I have tried three cupcakes at BOG: The Master's Cupcake (with the grey stuff), the Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake, and the Triple Chocolate Cupcake. Barbie's favorite is the Strawberry Cream Cheese, and I love that one, and while the grey stuff is delicious, my personal favorite out of the three is the Triple Chocolate. Shocking I know! It's just so so so chocolatey!

large.gif

For the normal person, I can see them thinking, "that is just way too much chocolate, come on now!" But really you can't go wrong with any of the choices there for dessert. My motto has always been, if it is too difficult to choose, don't. Get all three, plus try your husband's orange/chocolate eclair, and probably cancel any dinner plans. Seriously, though, it's personal preference, but you won't be disappointed with any option. BOG has exceptional food, especially for a quick service (breakfast and lunch), and dessert, for me at least, is where it's at. Enjoy!

Love the food questions! Keep them coming.

Hi. Late but following along. I love your daughter's name and story. Can't wait to hear more.

Better late than never, that's what I always say. I never say that. But we're glad to have you on board!

Thank you so much, A is for Aria. We're learning the alphabet now and that has become our convention for talking (and writing apparently). Stay tuned as there should be a new update either tonight or tomorrow as long as I am properly motivated.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Day 1, Part IV - Is there Room for a Third Stepsister?

tumblr_nqwqozb3h31us81gto1_500.gif

Wooh, that's scary. Maybe I should change the GIF... too late. It was supposed to signify a "where were we?" type of moment and I was getting ready to impart more knowledge onto the reading public. I should confess at this point that I have NOT seen Big Hero 6 so the use of this GIF is purely incidental to the plot of this story. Take it with a grain of salt and let's move on without any further comment? Shall we? Let's shall!

So where were we? We had just finished up our afternoon at MK and needed to make our way to our dinner ADR. IF you guessed Mickey's Backyard BBQ, Be Our Guest, Plaza Restaurant, Tony's, Columbia Harbour House, Citricos, Narcoosee's, Ohana, or any other restaurant except for 1900 Park Fare, you would have been wrong. For shame! No, we were going to 1900 Park Fare! Duh! Do people still say "Duh!"? They did back when I was younger than I am now so I am assuming that they still do because somethings don't go out of style. Duh!

Most people know that in order to physically get to 1900 Park Fare, which is in Grand Floridian, from MK, you need to take the monorail. The monorail is USUALLY the best way to get there, but on this particular day, a scorching hot day in June, it was not. There was no way to get to Grand Floridian easily. The problem you ask: a forecast of thunder and lightning! Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

When there's lightning in the forecast apparently the whole world just shuts down. And that includes the Disney monorail. With half of the trains nonexistent, the line for what few monorails left went down the ramp and almost to the boat landing area. So we got in line, which at the time, was a whole hour before our ADR, so we thought that all would be well anyway. Not so fast, my friend! Anyone watch College Gameday? No? Moving on... We made the most of our wait though. With a photo shoot! So much writing to lead to the first picture. Sooooorry!

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3C286%3Enu%3D574%3A%3E6%3C2%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3D3836535%3B%3A5349nu0mrj

You can tell a Moosey face was unhappy, but she is never ever unhappy for too long. This picture below is her trying to have Mommy eat her fingers. She was unsuccessful. Mommy didn't bite! This starting an exhilarating game of "Mommy, bite my fingers. Bite my fingers, Mommy!" Yeah, she's weird sometimes, but we like her anyway.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv36487%3Enu%3D574%3A%3E6%3C2%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3D3836535%3B%3A9349nu0mrj

Moose Corner: That's Mommy's mouth. I want to touch it (she felt the need to touch everybody's picture). Note that she did not comment on any one else's picture but her own.

After watching a few monorails just go by without stopping and not letting a single person on, I got to thinking. There has to be another way! Maybe the castmembers can spread some pixie dust, understand that we needed to get to our all-important ADR, and find a way to get us to 1900 Park Fare.

There were no taxis anywhere, the boat wasn't in use, and the only way to get to the Grand Floridian was to take the monorail, which was kind of working. So back in line we went. To make a long-winded story slightly less long, we waited for another half hour, watched a few more monorails go by without stopping, watched some stop but only a few doors opened to let a few passengers on, not us of course, and had a fun time talking with groups of people to complain and to hear how cute Aria was, who was being such a trooper through this whole less than magical ordeal. But we finally made it to our destination, over half an hour late! For those keeping score, it took us an hour and a half to go from Magic Kingdom to Grand Floridian. Not cool, Disney, not cool at all. And it didn't even rain until well into our ADR by the way.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3B6%3C4%3Enu%3D574%3A%3E6%3C2%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3D38365344%3B4349nu0mrj

When we finally made it to 1900 Park Fare, we were about half an hour late, and I tried to explain that it was because of the weather and that the monorails were running ridiculously slowly and that a little pixie dust would go a long way. The cast member, after hearing our tale of woe, told us that it was our fault that the weather was so bad, the monorail not running on time was no excuse for missing the ADR, and we should forgo the rest of our trip and just go home before we cause any more problems.

giphy.gif

No, actually they were really sympathetic and said that it would not be a problem. Did I have you going at all? Probably not. If this was at Universal or Sea World, then maybe that story would have been believable, but not at Disney.

Before we continue on, I must ask the question: What has Stephanie from Full House been doing the last 20 or so years besides Fuller House and various stints in rehab? Oh yeah, she was Charlotte Disney in the new movie, "Walt Before Mickey". Interesting.

giphy.gif

Anyway, after checking in, we got the all-important "cell phone" as Aria thought it to be, and we were told to wait in the lobby of the Grandy (I think I'm the only person who calls it this). Not a problem, I can wait in that lobby all day long, it wouldn't even matter what I was waiting for. Somebody can approach me on the street and ask me, "Can you please wait in the Grand Floridian lobby for 6 hours and then you get a McChicken sandwich?" I would be like, "Most definitely!" And I don't like McChickens.

Where was I going with this? Oh yeah, the amazing jazz band was playing, "Everybody Wants to be a Cat", from Aristocrats, so we sat down and listened, and of course, took some video of a Moosey face. I hope this upload works.

Finally, the cell phone buzzed and it was time to eat! But first, some obligatory pictures.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3B9%3C3%3Enu%3D574%3A%3E6%3C2%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3D3835%3C3%3C4%3B9349nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3C9%3B6%3Enu%3D574%3A%3E6%3C2%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3D3835%3C3%3C4%3B7349nu0mrj

This was a last minute ADR and although we had done the 1900 Park Fare breakfast in May 2014, we didn't know what to expect for dinner. Let me just say that the energy level from the Tremayne sisters was incredible. From their interactions with each other, the guests, and Drizella belting out "Row, row, row your boat" at the top of her lungs, it was definitely an amazing experience. And the food was top notch as expected.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv37777%3Enu%3D574%3A%3E6%3C2%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3D383654845%3A349nu0mrj

That is literally the only picture of the food that we took here. You would think that for someone who loves food so much, there would be like tons and tons and boatloads of pictures of food, like the entire trip report would be just food, no words, no introduction, just food upon food. But no, not this trip report. The problem is that I love the food so much, and am usually just this side of crazy hungry (you know what I mean), or crangry (if hangry can be a word then so can crangry), that the food is usually all gone before the thought pops into my head to actually take a picture of it. Nope, all gone.

After grabbing some quick food, the characters started to come around. First up, Dopey, err, I mean Prince Charming. Can you tell I'm a little jealous, especially with the below picture?

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3C336%3Enu%3D574%3A%3E6%3C2%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3D3836548459349nu0mrj

Initially, the plan was to have Aria take a picture with him, but as I alluded to in the prior update, she didn't really like the princes, and Prince Charming, as charming as he seemed to be, was no exception. She prefers Daddy! So there! But Barbie wasn't intimidated by princes (her words :sad2:) and quickly jumped in for the photo op. It wasn't even Robb Stark!

Next up was Cinderella...and some cast member photobombing her picture with Mommy. I'm just kidding. Aria loved Cinderella and kept yelling at me to take a picture. "Daddy. Daddy! Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddy!! Take a picture of Cin a lella! Take a picture of Aria and Cin a lella!"

I did. Geez, Aria, patience is a virtue.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv36836%3Enu%3D574%3A%3E6%3C2%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3D3836548466349nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv33%3A%3B%3A%3Enu%3D574%3A%3E6%3C2%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3D3836548472349nu0mrj

After Cinderella, we were visited by the "wicked" stepsisters, Drizella and Anastasia. Drizella was not charmed by a Moose at all. She really wasn't so wicked, she let us take a picture of her. That's nice, right?

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv33498%3Enu%3D574%3A%3E6%3C2%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3D3836548476349nu0mrj

Anastasia was even less wicked. Aria really liked her and I think Anastasia wouldn't have made her mop or do chores if she could. I think she just had bad influences around her, that's hardly wicked or evil to me. She just gets a bad rap. And she was scorned by Prince Charming. That had to have hurt her feelings. Can I get an "Aww"?

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3C892%3Enu%3D574%3A%3E6%3C2%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3D3836548484349nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3C24%3A%3Enu%3D574%3A%3E6%3C2%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3D3836548486349nu0mrj

Finally, we were greeted by the Fairy Godmother. Not sure what happened to Lady Tremaine, though. Oh well, Aria might have liked her the best. She was a sweet old lady and blew kisses to Aria. Aria, of course, returned the favor.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv37483%3Enu%3D574%3A%3E6%3C2%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3D383654848%3A349nu0mrj

After the Fairy Godmother, it was time for me to get a second (or was it third?) helping of dinner. And it was at that point that I discovered a whole different section of the buffet, one that I thought was just repeat dishes to keep the lines low. But they were different and they were all of my favorite dishes that I failed to save enough room for. I ate it anyway. There were Grilled Salmon, Mississippi Catfish, and Mongolian Beef Stir Fry (so unbelievably good!) that I had missed on my previous trips to the buffet. What was I thinking? That mongolian beef stir fry.

giphy.gif

After paying the check and remembering to use the handy, dandy, Tables in Wonderland, at the Grandy, we made our way back to the, sigh, monorail, to get back to Magic Kingdom for our Celebrate the Magic/Wishes FP+. The jazz band was in full swing.

excuse_the_pun_but_these_are_funny_640_19.jpg

They were playing, "Roxanne", by The Police. Awesome. We got on the elevator to the second floor. Aria loved the music and didn't mind the elevator either. She hated mall elevators before this trip, but this was a Disney Elevator. Oooo and Ahhh. And ever since then, she enjoys riding on elevators.

And this is a good place to stop. Next time, we'll finish up the evening at MK, shrink down to the size of a fairy, and break a beer bottle in the room (yeah...that happened...accidentally of course).

So until next time...

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Enjoying reading your report.

The Mongolian Beef picture is not visible, though. (It just says "IMG").

Oh, and I was just at WDW in July but didn't know to look for the cake cups. Will have to do that next year.

Looking forward to your next updates.

Enjoying reading your report.

The Mongolian Beef picture is not visible, though. (It just says "IMG").

Oh, and I was just at WDW in July but didn't know to look for the cake cups. Will have to do that next year.

Looking forward to your next updates.

Thanks for reading! There actually isn't a picture of the Mongolian Beef, it didn't survive long enough for one. It barely survived the walk from the buffet line to our table. Not kidding. There is just a GIF of Homer drooling in its place. It shows up for us, though, and even when we're not logged in.

Same here. Before the last trip, I didn't know to look for the cake cups until shortly before we left for Disney in June. And that was just from reading trip reports on the DIS. I wouldn't have known it existed otherwise. Thanks, guys! :thumbsup2 The Cheshire Cafe should seriously have an asterisk around it on the Disney maps.

***Attention*** Must eat a cake cup of any kind before exiting the park. No exceptions!

Ah, the type of question that I love to answer: cupcakes at Disney! I can talk about food all day.

So I have tried three cupcakes at BOG: The Master's Cupcake (with the grey stuff), the Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake, and the Triple Chocolate Cupcake. Barbie's favorite is the Strawberry Cream Cheese, and I love that one, and while the grey stuff is delicious, my personal favorite out of the three is the Triple Chocolate. Shocking I know! It's just so so so chocolatey!

giphy.gif
I am so ashamed to admit it, but I went back and added a 3rd cupcake to our BOG lunch for two. I will take the strawberry cupcake to go. Yeah, that's it.........

Also, if you like Jim Gaffigan you need to check out his book on tape, "Dad is Fat". I am not exaggerating when I say I laughed until I peed my pants. He did the reading of the book on tape. Ok, public service announcement over.

Same here. Before the last trip, I didn't know to look for the cake cups until shortly before we left for Disney in June. And that was just from reading trip reports on the DIS. I wouldn't have known it existed otherwise. Thanks, guys! :thumbsup2 The Cheshire Cafe should seriously have an asterisk around it on the Disney maps.

***Attention*** Must eat a cake cup of any kind before exiting the park. No exceptions!
I have *heard* that The Cheshire Cafe will not have cupcakes anymore. Rumor? I don't know. We'll be at MK quite a bit in less than a month. I shall try to investigate.

I honestly can't believe the wait for the monorail! Yikes! Dinner sounded great. I have never eaten there but do love the Grand Floridian Cafe. Well, what's not to like with anything at the Grand Floridian?

I just love this report! Glad you were able to make the dinner reservation, but can't believe that the monorail wait was that long! I guess that is the one downside of MK to Grand Floridian - there isn't a bus option as far as I know.

Love all the pictures, and it looks like all of you had a fabulous time :) Can't wait to read more!

The Homer GIF didn't show up for me yesterday, but it's visible now.

Ah, excellent! I'm glad to hear it. After I replied, I started fumbling with the link to the GIF and I'm happy that it works now. Judging by how much food I ate on this trip, I'm guessing that won't be the last time I show that GIF. :rolleyes1

I am so ashamed to admit it, but I went back and added a 3rd cupcake to our BOG lunch for two. I will take the strawberry cupcake to go. Yeah, that's it.........

That's awesome! I'm so happy for you. Seriously! Definitely nothing to be ashamed about. And if the strawberry cupcake doesn't survive lunch, that's perfectly acceptable in my book. In fact, I would be quite impressed if you finished all three in one sitting.

giphy.gif

I can't believe that is the first time the man, Bill Murray, has entered this trip report. That is a gross oversight on my part and I apologize.

Also, if you like Jim Gaffigan you need to check out his book on tape, "Dad is Fat". I am not exaggerating when I say I laughed until I peed my pants. He did the reading of the book on tape. Ok, public service announcement over.

I do love Jim Gaffigan. When I put comments in parentheses after saying something in the trip report, I usually read it back in Jim Gaffigan's, "he's weird", voice.

When we go to Hot Topic to get some Disney things, I always say "hot topic" in Gaffigan's high-pitched, "hot pockets" voice. Barbie enjoys that of course. :sad2: As an aside, Hot Topic is an amazing place to get really cute bows. The bow Aria has on when we met Ariel at the beginning of day one with the dinglehopper is from Hot Topic.

I will definitely check out that book on tape, it'll give me something to listen to on my hour long drive to work. I'm one of the few people who usually listens to nothing.

I have *heard* that The Cheshire Cafe will not have cupcakes anymore. Rumor? I don't know. We'll be at MK quite a bit in less than a month. I shall try to investigate.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! That can't be true, that's not true, no way.

giphy.gif

We're going in 6 weeks and there better be cupcakes for me to wolf down or Big Bobby Iger will have to answer to me. Magic of Disney Animation, Maelstrom, potentially One Man's Dream and Voyage of the Little Mermaid. And who knows what else before Pixar Land and Star Wars Land are completed. No, this would be the last straw for me. We will never go to Disney World again. :eek: No, we'll still go, but still.

I honestly can't believe the wait for the monorail! Yikes! Dinner sounded great. I have never eaten there but do love the Grand Floridian Cafe. Well, what's not to like with anything at the Grand Floridian?

I know, right? The Grandy really is amazing and I can't wait to stay there at some point, probably next November.

The monorail trip was definitely a little bit trying and it was so disheartening to keep seeing so many just pass the platform without stopping when so many people were waiting. But we made it fun for Aria and it gave us a chance to talk with other families, so it wasn't all bad. And the dinner at 1900 was definitely worth it. We really didn't have too much of a desire to do dinner there, but when we decided to do a dinner ADR that night and 1900 was open, we couldn't pass it up. And we were so glad that we didn't. The food was definitely one of the better meals at all of the character buffets we have done, with the noted exceptions of Tusker House of course and maybe Cape May.

I definitely need to try the Grand Floridian Cafe at some point. I've read a lot of good things about it. It's on my list. It's a long list though. My goal is basically to eat everything from everywhere. You'll have to stay tuned for the Food and Wine trip report to see if I manage to achieve that feat on a slightly smaller scale.

I just love this report! Glad you were able to make the dinner reservation, but can't believe that the monorail wait was that long! I guess that is the one downside of MK to Grand Floridian - there isn't a bus option as far as I know.

Love all the pictures, and it looks like all of you had a fabulous time :) Can't wait to read more!

Thanks! I'm actually surprised that anyone is still reading our incohesive (is that a word? It's my trip report, I deem it a word. Change approved for anyone who watched Cougar Town), all over the place, mess of a trip report. We are actually thrilled that our first trip report is getting such positive feedback. I was actually quite nervous to tackle writing one, as the task seemed rather daunting at first.

But with the support of the DISers and my general desire to have some kind of record of Moose's trips, I am so glad that we decided to just go for it.

And I know! The bus option from MK to GF! Why wouldn't there be one?!?! People need options and it would make the congestion on the monorails a little less BO'y, if you know what I mean. That day was 95 degree, Florida heat, people were waiting for the monorail for an hour, baking in that sun, packed into a monorail like sardines. You do the math. Let's just say when we arrived at GF, I was very happy to get out of there. But yeah, no bus.

34830243.jpg

Day 1, Part V/Day 2, Part I - You are no longer allowed to take video at Disney World!

We're baaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaack! Shame on all of you readers out there. Letting us get to page 4!

giphy.gif

I'm just kidding, of course. I'm a comedian by trade. Can't you tell? How else would I always be this funny and witty all of the time? Actually, I'm a tax something or other for a large corporation and our busy tax filing season just ended on 9/15 hence the break from posting.

giphy.gif

So this part is going to be a little shorter than you all (not ya'll, I'm working on saying ya'll, but just don't have the heart to. I'm from New York City originally and live in the south now. Is Northern Virginia the south? Yes, we'll say it's the south. It's certainly the south as compared with New York City. Barbie hates when I say "yous", which is the "ya'll" of my people, the New Yawkahs, but I'm not yet ready to say ya'll. It doesn't flow comfortably.) are used to. Longest parenthetical ever! I go off on tangents a lot. It's kind of my thing. If you have read up to this point thus far, you're probably used to it, and hopefully, enjoy it?? Maybe??

Can we finally get to the actual trip report? Like for serious? Okay, so we finished up our magical dining experience at 1900 Park and dun dun dun, had to get back on the dreaded monorail. What's that called? The monorail! We needed to get back to the MK for our fast pass to Wishes. The only reason why we got a fast pass to Wishes was because on New Year's Day at MK. Remember in the first post when I said we spent New Year's at Disney World sans Moose? No? Go back to page 1 and re-read the introductions... I'll wait... {Jeopardy music plays}

Ok, so anyway, we were watching Wishes on New Year's Day when this tall guy, who I will nickname as hereinafter Selfie Connoisseur, decided that he needed selfies of himself enjoying Wishes. So 6'4" Selfie Connoisseur who was standing right in front of 5'2" Barbie and thought to himself, "I need not one, but MANY pictures of myself enjoying Wishes. Now, it wasn't pictures of him with Wishes going on in the background. No, that would have made too much sense. It was selfies of himself, the Selfie Connoisseur of the Earth, with Main Street in the background, merely to show that he was enjoying watching Wishes.

giphy.gif

So because of Selfie Connoisseur, wherever you are, I miss you, you are ripe for further trip report fodder, we got a Wishes Fast Pass, which for our intents and purposes in this trip report, meant that we needed to get back on the monorail so that we can see Wishes with a better viewing experience and to sing along to the song that I sometimes sing at home, in the car by myself, to Aria on occasion, to Minnie and Daisy to confuse them, or just at home, bored, wishing to be at Magic Kingdom. If you will humor me. You don't have a choice. Apologies in advance.

Boom
Celeeeeeeeeeebraaaate the maaaaagic delights!
Celebraaaaaaaaaaate a world filled with maaaaaaaaaaaaaaagic
Celebraaaaaaate a wonderful something!
Celebraaaaaaaaaaaaateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the umm

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagic!
Yeah

Those are the words that I know it to be. Correct if I'm wrong. It's something like that. Like you know it to be any different. Pssh!

So yeah, the monorail wasn't any big deal. We got there just in time for Celebrate the Magic. Sorry no pictures. I took video. Barbie absolutely hated my video directing skills. See, we have an awesome Sony camcorder that has an amazing zoom and is HD and is just perfect in every way (Sorry, plug over, my check from Sony is in the mail from what they keep telling me), so I get a little zoom happy. At one point during Celebrate the Magic, for example, I zoomed into the Cinderella Suite in the Castly and my Camcorder had tea and crumpets with the people dwelling there for the night. More or less. But yeah, I did go nuts with the zoom and Celebrate the Magic was ruined for all eternity. No pictures. Weird zoomed in video. Blah blah blah. Youtube has some great videos of it if you haven't seen it.

I've just been told by my producers not to point people to watch it on Youtube. Stay here for all of your pictures and video needs. Why isn't that video included in this trip report? Because we hold ourselves to the highest standards of the land. Disney World! And my zooming directorial skills were sub par. Or so I've been told. C'est la vie say the old folks.

giphy.gif

So sorry, no Celebrate the Magic. No Wishes. Moving on. After Wishes, we asked a really sleepy Moose (who mind you had been awake since what 3:45 in the morning and it was not well after 10) if she wanted to meet Tinker Bell or go back to the room to go to sleep. What do you think she chose?

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv36573%3Enu%3D574%3A%3E6%3C2%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3D3835%3C567%3C2349nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3738%3B%3Enu%3D574%3A%3E6%3C2%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3D38365484%3B6349nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3C248%3Enu%3D574%3A%3E6%3C2%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3D38365484%3B4349nu0mrj

So after Tinker Bell, we hopped on the boat back to Wilderness Lodge. And we all immediately went to sleep dreaming of all of the events that transpired and what the next day will bring. Actually no! That didn't happen at all. We walked into our room and was there a crib set up for a sleepy Moose? No. Yours truly had to walk all of the way back to the lobby to ask:

wherestheBeef.jpg

Aria was out cold since the boat ride so we just let her sleep on the bed while we figured some things out. We had a Garden Grocer order complete with some necessary items (diapers, snacks for a Moosey face) and some unnecessary items (me beer like). So we got that all situated and I re-ordered the crib that I had originally asked for at check-in. The crib came and I placed my six pack of Florida Hefeweizen something or other beer that I never got to drink in the fridge. The side corner in the fridge played me like a fiddle.

It was no buens. A beer crashed and fell. Spilled everywhere. Beer everywhere. Brand new room. Did I mention that it was the best room in all of the Wilderness Lodge, overlooking Bay Lake like it was nobody's business? Well it did and I, me myself and Irene, Shaya, Bubbenstein himself, spilled beer all over the room. I panicked. Barbie panicked. The beer came crashing down, shattering into like a billion, with a Buh buh buh, pictures. Four eyes darting towards Aria sleeping on the bed. Did she wake up? Thank goodness, no. So I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned some more.

At one point the crib arrived. Moose into a crib. Moose cries in the crib. It's a pack n play. Not a crib. We take turns trying to convince a Moosey goose that there's nothing to be afraid of. We're in a new place, a new bed, but there's nothing to be afraid of. Sometimes, we're going to have to sleep in a new place every so often but as long as Mommy and Daddy are here, there's nothing to ever be afraid of.

And she went to sleep with me rocking her like we used to do, on the chair in our room at the Wilderness Lodge. I can't say that I didn't like it. My baby Moose needed us to make her feel safe, to feel secure.

This is a little unorthodox to start a new day in the same post. But we are unorthodox. Deal with it!

So we woke up the next morning after a much needed night of rest to the Disney Guru. We had to introduce a Moose to the woman herself. Like seriously. Who am I talking about? Well, duh. I'm still trying to bring back duh.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv362%3B6%3Enu%3D574%3A%3E6%3C2%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3D383653%3B25%3A349nu0mrj

Yes, Aria must learn about Stacy. And that view that I alluded to earlier of the #1 room at Wilderness Lodge, the room that I requested prior to check-in to, apparently, the detriment of having a crib all ready to go.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv38359%3Enu%3D574%3A%3E6%3C2%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3D383653%3B265349nu0mrj

Sheer beauty! Disney World at its grandest.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3A77%3B%3Enu%3D574%3A%3E6%3C2%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3D383653%3B24%3B349nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv34479%3Enu%3D574%3A%3E6%3C2%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3D383654%3A578349nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3C5%3B4%3Enu%3D574%3A%3E6%3C2%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3D383653%3B272349nu0mrj

After a good night's rest, we were running late for our ADR breakfast, so we got ready, watched Stacy, played with some stuffed animals in the bed, and booked it back to Magic Kingdom. But where could we possibly be going?

giphy.gif

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv377%3B3%3Enu%3D574%3A%3E6%3C2%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3D383653%3B279349nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv35546%3Enu%3D574%3A%3E6%3C2%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3D383653%3B27%3A349nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv355%3B8%3Enu%3D574%3A%3E6%3C2%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3D3835%3C496%3C4349nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv36796%3Enu%3D574%3A%3E6%3C2%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3D383653%3B294349nu0mrj

I don't remember the above picture but that is a Moosey arm outstretched attempting to grab at Minnie.

Until next time,

giphy.gif

Next post will have more pictures and less of my ridiculous attempt at humor.

giphy.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter